PDA

View Full Version : Anyone that can help?

phoenxislayer15
02-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Well, I seem to have caught a break off of someone elses misfortune. My friend recently totalled his Carbed accord, not sure what year but it is 3gee. He got a little bit of an injury but not that bad, he informed me that he would sell his engine and transmission for 300 bucks. So I'm going to buy both, and do the tranny swap. However, no one in the area around me knows what they are doing when it comes to transmissions. Somehow I would get charged 2000 dollars, and I want to do it myself, but I'm not able lol. If anyone in the eastern Tennessee, or North Carolina area would be willing to help me. I would greatly appreciate it, and probably pay you for your services.

NXRacer
02-13-2005, 02:13 PM
when you talk about tranny swaps, are doing a 5 speed conversion or just replacing your current with a 'new' one.

phoenxislayer15
02-13-2005, 02:51 PM
when you talk about tranny swaps, are doing a 5 speed conversion or just replacing your current with a 'new' one.
Just replacing a bad tranny, not swapping for a diff one. 5 speed to 5speeed.

NXRacer
02-13-2005, 03:24 PM
swapping tranny's isnt hard at all. it would take max of a couple hours for any competant shop to do. You shouldnt be charged more then 200 bucks to have a shop do it. its not hard at all to do in your own shop providing you have all the correct tools.

Oldblueaccord
02-13-2005, 09:50 PM
Well, I seem to have caught a break off of someone elses misfortune. My friend recently totalled his Carbed accord, not sure what year but it is 3gee. He got a little bit of an injury but not that bad, he informed me that he would sell his engine and transmission for 300 bucks. So I'm going to buy both, and do the tranny swap. However, no one in the area around me knows what they are doing when it comes to transmissions. Somehow I would get charged 2000 dollars, and I want to do it myself, but I'm not able lol. If anyone in the eastern Tennessee, or North Carolina area would be willing to help me. I would greatly appreciate it, and probably pay you for your services.

Im a little far away so I all I can give is advice.

300 for the car is OK price might be able to get it for less.

2000 is not a good price for a tranny swap I think the HONDA dealer would do it for less :bowrofl:

I think if your car aint running put it up on jackstands and do it in your spare time. Put a new clutch while your at it please. Since your young it would be a good experience for you. If you get good at it you can charge peps 2 grand for it. :uh:

wp

wp

phoenxislayer15
02-16-2005, 02:48 PM
Actually it's about hour and a half from my house to Knoxville, and today he informed me that he would just charge me 200 dollars for the transmission. It recently had a the clutch replaced, recenetly meaning with in the past year or 2. However, if possible I could maybe drive the car there and get some help if you would not mind...

Oldblueaccord
02-16-2005, 04:29 PM
Actually it's about hour and a half from my house to Knoxville, and today he informed me that he would just charge me 200 dollars for the transmission. It recently had a the clutch replaced, recenetly meaning with in the past year or 2. However, if possible I could maybe drive the car there and get some help if you would not mind...

Wait a min.

Where are you? I look on mapquest and I thought you were north of Nashville on I-24?

Anyway if your near Newport TN look up evans motor sports . Its all Honda junkyard. Hell they change whole motors for $300 bucks . I doubt the tranny be more than $100. He has 400 Honda cars atm.

Well Im off Monday. Again PM me for more info. I'm working on my friends Explorer but I got time. I live in west knoxville off Pelissippi parkway westland drive exit.

wp

phoenxislayer15
02-16-2005, 07:41 PM
I'm off monday for mid-winter break or w/e....

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=xTowJeV.wimQQVd6MsEKU7USFw--&csz=Greeneville%2C+Tn&country=us&tcsz=knoxville%2C+tn&tcountry=us

Oldblueaccord
02-16-2005, 11:17 PM
I'm off monday for mid-winter break or w/e....

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=xTowJeV.wimQQVd6MsEKU7USFw--&csz=Greeneville%2C+Tn&country=us&tcsz=knoxville%2C+tn&tcountry=us

Ok wierd i guess there 2 Greenevilles

http://www.evansautomotive.net/

Evans is very close there good people.

Ill PM you my number.

wp