PDA

View Full Version : Prelude bumper, steering wheel

kaymo
02-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Well, after my fire hydrant debacle, I needed a bumper. There was a perfect condt. white matching bumper for my car at the junkyard, i went to pay for it on a muddy day and told them i would come back for it and they said they'd hold on to it till i could get to it (too muddy) i go back and its gone the fuckers stole it. i was like ok give me my money back. guy was like no just go find you another bumper. i was like look dude i wasnt gonna spend the amount i did on a bumper that is all fucked up or not the matching color. I paid 50 for that first one because it was perfect and matched. i was so pissed but i ran around the junkyard till i found this
http://tfr.cafe.ee/static/pics/auto/16.jpg
it was white and appeared to be very close to my bumper. i grabbed it up and took it home. i went and held it up to my mounts to see that it mounts quite differently, and there is an edge that needs to be cut off where my black/orange corners are, as you can see there were no fender corners on that model prelude. I'm guessing i will need to pull my old bumper apart and my new bumper apart and use the old metal bumper part and the prelude bumper cover. does anyone know of anybody trying this mod?

Oh and also, I grabbed the 4 wheel steering prelude steering wheel, my cruise buttons on my wheel would work only randomly, and when i palmed the wheel around in a circle i was prone to hitting the horn. here is a pic of the prelude wheel.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/664000-664999/664966_23_full.jpg
the plug for cruise was the same, i just had to slide the circle thing to the B position (take your steering wheel off if you dont know what im talking about)
I had to shave a bunch of the back of the steering wheel to clear the steering column cover, but the mod was definately working, when i get my camera back I'll take pictures of it in the accord.

What yall think?

kaymo

crwa
02-13-2005, 06:42 PM
I did the prelude steering wheel swap to, but never had to shave any of it off... Its definately an improvement over the accord wheel, and a little smaller also, so it adds to the leg room.

2drSE-i
02-13-2005, 08:01 PM
i saw that pic and was like..............WTF IS UP WITH THAT DRIVERS.......oooooooooh its on the left side i get it now!

<--------im with stupid

w00tw00t111
02-13-2005, 10:50 PM
i saw that pic and was like..............WTF IS UP WITH THAT DRIVERS.......oooooooooh its on the left side i get it now!

<--------im with stupid

OMG I just said the same thing to my self. I was like WTF he found a true JDM prelude in a junk yard. I would be like screw the steering wheel I'll buy the whole dang car!!! Oh well guess you weren't that lucky.

In regards to the prelude bumper it looks like its a little different then our stock 3geez bumper. If you still have the original bumper you might try this. (Trick I learned from my grampa.) Cut the middle section of the prelude bumper off and then cut the two sides off of the 3geez bumper. Match them togeather and then sililcone from the back side. Put several layers of fiberglass over it, bondo and spray it. Never done it but, sounds like it would work in a pinch. By the way if you 3gee is white I believe that I still have my white front bumper. It has a few scratches but, nothing a little dupli color match paint will fix. If you want I can try and find it and take some pics to see if you like it. Just let me know

kaymo
02-15-2005, 05:38 AM
yeah that'd be nice but where do you live? shipping probably alot
i think for the sides i can just cut down what sticks up... the only thing that seems to be majorly different is the actual metal bumper part but i think the one out of my old bumper might fit in there. wish me luck

myaccord7
02-15-2005, 09:33 AM
i have an 89 accord and an 89 prelude. i was going to see if the prelude bumper fits my accord when it gets warmer.

Busted_Blue
02-15-2005, 01:34 PM
whats intersting is those pics aren't even the pics on his car. The steering wheel is still in the lude..

anyways i hope you get that lude bumper on. that looks like a good mod to do. :)

w00tw00t111
02-15-2005, 02:30 PM
whats intersting is those pics aren't even the pics on his car. The steering wheel is still in the lude..

anyways i hope you get that lude bumper on. that looks like a good mod to do. :)
Yup wish you luck too. By the way I live in texas. Don't know if that helps.

kaymo
02-17-2005, 01:13 PM
yeah i know i just went a did a search for the lude wheel because i dont have a camera to go take a pic of it in my car. i like my new wheel alot other than its off center but thats due to that my alignment is out from the fire hydrant incident

2drSE-i
02-18-2005, 05:10 PM
how did you hit a fire hydrant?

im just curious

kaymo
02-22-2005, 01:06 PM
dude you posted in my post where i talked about how i hit a hydrant

are you stoned?
lol

2drSE-i
02-22-2005, 03:02 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH you said fire extinguisher i thot you were such a dumbass hahahaha now i understand, it was icy and u hit a HYDRANT

accordlx
02-22-2005, 04:34 PM
Here is a pic of my car with a Prelude steering wheel.

http://home.insight.rr.com/mccorvey1/Picture_202.jpg

And for those of you who have never seen my car, here is a link to my website. (http://home.insight.rr.com/mccorvey1/) I haven't posted it in quite some time. Enjoy.

w00tw00t111
02-24-2005, 09:09 PM
I wish I had cruise control!