PDA

View Full Version : Installing Front Speakers

malmasi
02-13-2005, 05:57 PM
Hey could someone give me some info and tips on installing new front speakers. I want to replace the stock ones with some Kenwood KFC-10695's, i particularly need some help on removing the door trims without breaking the clips.

zero.counter
02-13-2005, 06:04 PM
Hey could someone give me some info and tips on installing new front speakers. I want to replace the stock ones with some Kenwood KFC-10695's, i particularly need some help on removing the door trims without breaking the clips.
There are 3 or 4 screws (been awhile) holding the speaker grills in place. Remove them, then you will have access to the stock paper cones. Remove the 4 screws and carefully pull the speaker out and detach the speaker leads. Replacing is the reversal of my instructions.

shepherd79
02-13-2005, 06:04 PM
all you have to do is remove three screws and pull out the speaker cover
remove another screws and pull out speak itself.
it is easy. you don't need to remove the whole door trim. our cars are not designed like american cars where you have to take half the car apart just to get to one speaker.

snow_man_20
02-14-2005, 04:54 AM
Most speakers are to deep for the houseing but you can cut out the middle of the houseing and make them fit. Just make shure the window doesn't hit the speaker or unplug it before you put it all back together.