PDA

View Full Version : bad struts

chiller670
08-02-2002, 11:54 PM
i had all four struts replaced in oct. with regular struts. back in may i went over a pot hole but that deep but bumpy since around tah ttime teh front left suspension is making a niose when i go over bumps and stuff sounds like it did when the struts were bad. could it have gone bad???

Jims 86LXI HB
08-03-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by chiller670
i had all four struts replaced in oct. with regular struts. back in may i went over a pot hole but that deep but bumpy since around tah ttime teh front left suspension is making a niose when i go over bumps and stuff sounds like it did when the struts were bad. could it have gone bad???

I kinda got lost with your english. Yes it is possible that you bottomed out the sturt and damaged the valving inside the strut. And it varies as to how quickly that damage can show up in it performance. So if you feel the car bouncing at that end, it may be blown. Since your not running lowering springs you can purchase KYB GR-2's hecka cheap if you need a replacement strut.

It's pretty easy to install struts yourself, just rent our buy a spring compressor and do it yourself.

If you walk up to that end of the car and shove down on the bumper and watch the car rise back up, does it bounce after it comes back up? Did it bounce once, twice, three times? Or not at all?

chiller670
08-03-2002, 12:37 PM
sorry about that it was late i ment to say: i had all four struts replaced back in Oct. with oem struts. Back in May I went over a pot hole, the pot hole was not that deep it was really not noticable but since around that time the front left suspension is bouncing around when i go over bumps. The bouncing reminds me of when the struts were bad. could the strut have gone bad?

it does not bounce after it comes up and i also noticed that when i am braking it bounces less.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-03-2002, 03:11 PM
Is your car lowered? Or are you on stock springs?

Yes the strut could have gone bad.

chiller670
08-03-2002, 03:16 PM
stock. and where can i get the KYB GR-2 cheap

Jims 86LXI HB
08-03-2002, 07:43 PM
www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptabl.jsp?category=Shocks&autoMake=Honda&autoModel=Accord+LX+Sedan&autoYear=1988&brand=all&x=168&y=3

You will not find them lower anywhere else;)