PDA

View Full Version : secondaries

02-14-2005, 07:22 AM
I have a 1988 honda accord LX A20A1. How or what do I need to do so my secondaries stay open all the time, It is carburated. Will I see an increase in performance or will it be the same as before. :ugh:

shepherd79
02-14-2005, 08:54 AM
you can't make them to stay open all the time. your engine will be running on high all the time.
you can make them to open almost at the same time as primary. the problem is that if you still have vacuum lines connected, you may experience leaning out and that may harm performance.
what state do you live? do you have emission test?

HondaBoy
02-14-2005, 11:06 AM
having the secondary butterfly open earlier will really just increase your lower rpms, top will most likely be the same. i thought about rigging mine up to open early, but i dont think its worth doing that. like Shep said, it can cause it to lean out which you dont want.

02-15-2005, 08:10 PM
I live in Denver, Colorado a we do have emission testing. I just want to know were is the secondarie trigger is at, and how I can make them open and close at certain speeds. :help:

'89AccordLX(Rus)
02-15-2005, 09:06 PM
In stock configuration, the secondary butterfly can only open past a certain throttle position and only when vacuum is being applied to the secondary opener diaphragm. So in reality, there isn't one single trigger that you can use. Look in the how-to to find out how to convert to a purely mechanical secondary which would do what you desire.