PDA

View Full Version : Do you see many 3rd gen Accord Coupes?

ryotto
02-14-2005, 11:05 AM
I live in Bismarck, North Dakota and drive an 89 Accord 2dr. coupe. But I hardly ever see any other 3rd gen accord coupes parked or driving. I see quite a few 4dr. 3rd gen and occasionly a hatchback, but hardly ever see a 2dr. coupe. and if i think i spotted one from a distance it turnsout to be a prelude. I wonder why i dont see many.

How about you? are 3rd gen. Accord Coupes common or rare where you live?

Busted_Blue
02-14-2005, 11:13 AM
i SEE a bajillion of them them out here. They are abundant out here in san jose especially. I don't know why but yea there are alot of them here. Certainly not many clean ones out here, but many.

Cheeseburger
02-14-2005, 11:16 AM
3gen coups are some what common here in L.A but the rare ones are the SE-i. i have only seen like 4 here in la and the ones that i have see are pretty banged up

HondaBoy
02-14-2005, 11:18 AM
there's only a handfull of coupes around here. i've only seen 2 in all of the local junkyards we have. driving around, there's a rare sighting of one. there was a white one that was really clean. then there used to be a green SE-i i'd see sometimes. then a red one with some custom stuff done to it, but i dont ever see those anymore. i've been looking for one to buy, but cant find one. HBs are not too incredibly common either. but i see a few of the sometimes. sedans are ever popular. just recently people are starting to fix some up around here. i think i should get them together to cruise with. lol.

AccordEpicenter
02-14-2005, 12:26 PM
ive seen a bunch of coupes, they tend to be the more cared for 3gs, most of the 86-87 lx/dx sedans are just shot around here

NXRacer
02-14-2005, 12:43 PM
yeah, i'll have to agree that the few coupes i see around town are generally in better condition then the 4drs i see around. My old coupe was pretty nice until i wrecked it.

AccordEpicenter
02-14-2005, 12:48 PM
My old coupe was pretty nice until i wrecked it.

mine was pretty nice until i sold it... mang too bad i dont have pics of my coupe... i loved that car

frankie89
02-14-2005, 12:55 PM
i can tell ya that here in allentown and in the junkyard theres a ton of 3gs 4door and coupes . the closest junkyard to me has about 17 accords in it and tha one out in pennsburg (4 the local crowd) theres a whloe lot more, but streetside theres an average amout of 4dr and 2 dr 3gs. one thing i noticed is that ppl who drive 3rd gen accords out here dont take care of them, cuz so many end up in the wrecking yard!!

BITESIZE
02-14-2005, 06:34 PM
I see fack loads of sedans but hardly any coupes, and i see a decent amount of hatchies here in idaho.

ryotto
02-14-2005, 07:04 PM
WOW! this is so strange, I have'nt seen another 3rd gen. Accord Coupe in like 2 months. but after I posted this thread I seen 3, just today. One thats mysteriously abandend about 2 blocks from my house thats a 89 accord coupe lx-i, white with brown interior, looks just like my white coupe lx-i. and one thats blue in a parking lot by my work, and one driving by. all today, here im seying i see one a month if im lucky, and here i see 3 in one day. I cant beleive it.

maka_RTH
02-14-2005, 07:25 PM
there's a few coupes around here. plenty of 4drs, and a few hatchies as well. i've only seen 2-3 se-i's though. and i'd agree, the coupes generally look to be in better condition than the sedans.

AccordNut
02-14-2005, 07:36 PM
in the past 5 years or so ive seen a ton of sedans but not many coupes and maybe only 3 sei's. every 3g ive seen wasnt the slightest bit customized, cept once i saw this ghetto one with 18's dropped down and the car was primered. i drove around for years thinking i was the 3g king b/c i had an intake and header lol

HondaBoy
02-14-2005, 09:20 PM
i saw a brown SE-i coupe at a restraunt i was at tonight. looked ok. i think it was this guy who used to work at the honda dealership. i'd like to get ahold of it.

Strugglebucket
02-14-2005, 09:32 PM
i see a lot of coupes but they're usually in worse shape than the sedans.

come to think of it, i never see ANY 4g coupes.

88accordhb
02-14-2005, 09:56 PM
i see 4g coupes 5g coupes 3g coupes 6g coupes 7g coupes.

they're all here -----> www.accordtuner.com

haha

Hash_man_Se_i
02-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Around here coupes are kind of rare, but i see the same few usually a couple times a week. There is one Se-I coupe for sale here which is pretty nice.

But Hatches are super super rare here, I don't know when the last time i saw one driving was?... I used to see this riced out POS hatch, but havent seen it for a long time.

Also, is it just me, or are the Carbed 3g's always in better shape (body wise) then any other 3rd gens? this is in general, of course some are POS's, but I need to find a new accord, and all the good condition ones are carbed.

snow_man_20
02-15-2005, 04:52 AM
Never seen a Sei that i know of. Hatches are around i would say common, coupes are around too i see mabie 2 or 3 a week, now 4 doors are common as hell i see about 2-4 a day on the highway. A really nice one is more rare then anything, alot of them are beat up for the most part. There is a few nice 3g accords but few and far between.

phenox
02-15-2005, 05:21 AM
i dont kno what it is but ive been seeing a whole lot of 3 geez lately. Last year i was the only one driving one now theres about 5 plus one teacher that was a nice one with only a lil rust bubble on the rear driver side. It makes me mad cause mine is in and out of the shop so much that i rarely ever drive it to school ne more i drive my moms rodeo :mad: its nice but its not a 3g. lots of sedans almost no coupes and 0 hatchs

ryotto
02-15-2005, 05:55 AM
yeah, around here i hardly ever see 3rd gen coupes but see quite a few 4th gen coupes though. and hardly ever see a 2nd gen of any body style, and only 1st gen that i can think of is this old hatchback. as for se-i's i'v seen only 2, both 4dr's

hondamotorz
02-15-2005, 09:28 AM
every where i go i see alot of them mostly around gastonia and charlotte

X-Rated
02-21-2005, 08:17 PM
i hardly even see a 3gen Accord coupe, not even for sale n shit
alot of sedans n 4gen coupes/sedans but thts it
n most of them are all messed up, like my sis' piece of shit LX....i hate that damn car GAH

but i want a 3Gen coupe soo bad...

Mike89Accordcom
02-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Very uncommon in WA state. I never see them. That's why I loved mine so much, wasn't many around.

danronian
02-22-2005, 03:41 PM
I actually see just as many 2drs as 4 drs around here. What a see the fewest of are hatches, that is probably why I want one. Even in the j/y though, almost every car is a 2dr, few 4drs, which sucks for me since I need 4 dr parts usually.

895spdforfree
02-22-2005, 03:56 PM
i see at lest 2-3 a day here in FREMONT ( :mad: fremont sucks), and ive only seen 1 se-i...automatic, actually i see it everyday at school. ok.