PDA

View Full Version : Heat Problem

Nasen88accord
02-15-2005, 10:03 AM
I have a problem with the heat in my car, it is a 88 accord limited. It blows absolutly no heat, have changed the thermostat and heater core in the last week, but it still doesn't have heat, anyone know anything that I could try that should be able to fix it?

AZmike
02-15-2005, 11:18 AM
While you had the cooling system apart did you check that the water valve is working properly and opening and cloising with the lever inside the car?

Nasen88accord
02-15-2005, 12:30 PM
no I did not, could you explain roughly how to do it and where to check?

danronian
02-15-2005, 12:36 PM
Inside the engine bay on the firewall at about the very center and a bit toward the pass. side you will see the two hoses for the heater hooking onto the heater core at the firewall. On the one hose there is a little L-bend and then there is a bracket and the valve. See if someone in the car can move the heat selector from hot to cold and if it goes all the way both ways that isn't your problem. If it doesn't move at all it could be disconnected inside the car or in the engine bay. If this valve works you either have an air pocket inside the cooling system which can be bled out or the heater core is clogged and you need to flush it out with a hose.

Nasen88accord
02-15-2005, 12:48 PM
so bleed the antifreeze if the valve does work and see it that makes a difference? The heater core is not very old so I'm assuming there shouldn't be a clog, but I guess if there is I'll flush it out.

acranox
02-15-2005, 05:12 PM
Does the temp gauge needle come up near the midpoint of the gauge? You didn't say.

Anyhow, on my old civic the cable had detached from the lever in the dash, and was disconnected at the watervalve, so once I reconnected the cable, the heat worked again.

Nasen88accord
02-16-2005, 08:33 AM
yes the needle does work for the temperature. The cable wasn't in the right place on the water valve so it was cold anywhere on the slide. Got the valve into the hottest place and then reattached the cable, works great now, thanks everyone who were able to help. :rockon: