PDA

View Full Version : PiC Request... need pic of the....

AccordEpicenter
02-15-2005, 07:19 PM
Ok guys im trying to think of how im gonna run my exhaust this season, and right now the exhaust off the turbo housing points right at the front motor mount, and running it between the front beam and the oil pan is just way way too close to get it to fit, plus the bracket for the engine to tranny is in the way. My idea is to make a solid front motor mount out of a flattened front mount flange and some metal strips so the exhaust pipe can go right through the mount and out the transmission side and back under the transmission paralell to the crossmember... but what i need to see is i need pics of the front beam from the top (or bottom) of how much clearance there is to fit near the transmission... id like to get working on this but my accord is in storage (shitty)

MattsAccord
02-15-2005, 07:47 PM
I would do it for you but since my tranny is out of my car doing my clutch it would really be hard. If nobody else gets one for you in the next day or 2 I'll put one up after I finish my car.

RobT5580
02-16-2005, 07:26 PM
I looked through all my pictures and none are good enough for what you want and then the majority are with the B20A so it wouldnt help much. My turbo inlet is on the mount side and i just notched the mount a bit so it all fits perfect. I think if you flipped the turbo it might be better to have the exhaust side towards the driverside since the oil pan is offset that way. But it depends on how your manifold/flange are setup and im sure you already considered this. But even with the b20a i had room to fit a full 3" downpipe through with clearance so it dont hit the sub frame.

AccordEpicenter
02-17-2005, 05:52 PM
yeah im just not sure at this point... I think if i point the compressor housing towards the mount, the oil drain will be pointing right at the front beam and it already hangs soo low that it wont drain correctly i think. My measurements for this manifold were off thats why getting everything to work is a bitch

RobT5580
02-17-2005, 06:29 PM
The fun begins.....I had to play with mine a little but my housings both can be spun around the cartridge so im lucky in that aspect.

AccordEpicenter
02-17-2005, 06:36 PM
yeah i have to do that too, my oil drain points at the block, so the turbo smokes. Thats not that hard to fix though. Im thinking about welding a 2 bolt flange right on to the o2 housing... then just bolt the downpipe right in and run it through the front mount... argh its a bitch to deal with but i guess thats the price of running boost. Good thing the parts to do this is cheap :)

RobT5580
02-17-2005, 06:45 PM
Yeah you have to be creative when doing a project like this. Fortunatly i have not made to many mistakes other than thinking i could design a downpipe w/o the engine in the car. But it worked out because i have a full 3" instead of 2.5" because of my stupidity.

AccordEpicenter
02-17-2005, 06:50 PM
yeah... hopefully ill be able to fit a full 3" downpipe in... I forgot to take into account the front beam placement when i made the manifold (shitty)

RobT5580
02-17-2005, 06:59 PM
Thats what i did when i made my downpipe the first time out of the car. If i made is closer to the block i would have been fine. I lucked out with the ludespeed manifold because really the only extra work was the front mount but that would not have been a problem with a smaller turbo.

AccordEpicenter
02-17-2005, 07:59 PM
the problem with my mani is that it hangs real low, so i had to bash the front beam in a little to get everything to fit. On second thought i might use a 3" exhaust donut and cut it to fit around the beam so it doesnt hit the block.... that or use some 3" spiral flex section from Roadraceengineering...http://www.roadraceengineering.com/parts/tweekerparts/flexsections-spiral_small.jpg