PDA

View Full Version : Color Choice and PS Help

w00tw00t111
02-16-2005, 12:10 AM
Hello my friends. I have recieved my shaved door handle kit and am getting my alarm very soon. Once the handles are shaved ti is going straight to the painter. I just am not sure what color to paint it. The three colors I am thinking about is pearl white w/ white rims, "pearl"black w/black rims, or candy apple red w/ white rims. The only problem is, is that I can't visualize it. I have photoshop but, don't really know how to do stuff like this. I don't do much photo editing I use more for drawing and what not. If someone could help me with that, I would really appreciate it. Also anybody else can put there input in. Here's my car.

http://www.geocities.com/w00tw00t111/car.jpg

If you need a side view I can take one tomorrow.
Thanks.

sporkHSP
02-16-2005, 10:41 AM
a more full side view, and front and back views of the car would definatly help with the visual. what type of rims? they can throw those on there too if you know what you are looking for... I would do it, but my harddrive was currupted so I am running Linux from a disk with no real harddrive, so I lost PS on my comuter.
as for my two cents, go with the white, you won't have to worry about having the outside of the car one color and the engine bay, door jams, everything else a different color.

w00tw00t111
02-16-2005, 03:09 PM
That's what I've been thinking about. The white on white would be a lot cheaper. I just really like the red. Here is a pick of the red color I was talking about
http://www.importfan.com/images/integra_90_93/integra_90_93_b_gtp_type_drift_fb_thumb.jpg

I just think it looks really nice.
Here is a side view of my car.
http://www.geocities.com/w00tw00t111/sideview.jpg
The wheels that I want are just plain 17" 5 spokes. Just the chepest ones that I can find. Brand names don't mean sh*t to me.

gp02a0083
02-16-2005, 05:54 PM
im not shure what the rules are on changeing a cars color , but being its white do what i did i took my 86 cuttlass and repainted it a 02'corvette white and swapped the 02' caddy white perl for a blue perl and i put 2 coats of perl on top of the white base , looks sweet at night and wont grab the cops eye too much in the day but thast jsut my .02 cents

w00tw00t111
02-17-2005, 06:05 AM
Is it white and have a slight blue tint when the sun hits it?

mille
02-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Hello my friends. I have recieved my shaved door handle kit and am getting my alarm very soon. Once the handles are shaved ti is going straight to the painter. I just am not sure what color to paint it. The three colors I am thinking about is pearl white w/ white rims, "pearl"black w/black rims, or candy apple red w/ white rims. The only problem is, is that I can't visualize it. I have photoshop but, don't really know how to do stuff like this. I don't do much photo editing I use more for drawing and what not. If someone could help me with that, I would really appreciate it. Also anybody else can put there input in. Here's my car.

http://www.geocities.com/w00tw00t111/car.jpg

If you need a side view I can take one tomorrow.
Thanks.

:sad2: In my opinion: ugly! This bumper doesn't fit to 3gen accord.. :uh:

w00tw00t111
02-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Well you have the right to your opinion. Thank god for the 1st ammendment. But, it's my car not yours. Actually it fits a whole lot better then the picture makes it look. the only part that fits crappily is the front by the headlights. Other then that I like it. I'm getting those fixed also. But to each his own. Anyways back on the topic. Can someone help me with the photochopping?

myaccord7
02-17-2005, 09:36 PM
i like it

sporkHSP
02-17-2005, 10:35 PM
He means sytlistically he doesnt think it fits the lines of the accord....
I think the accords look cool either way with 'new school' kits or 'old school' kits.

88accordhb
02-17-2005, 11:00 PM
i think pearl black with black rims is uber.

w00tw00t111
02-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Black pearl would be nice but, I don't want to have to wash it everyday.

w00tw00t111
02-20-2005, 10:56 PM
bump for photoshop help

gp02a0083
03-06-2005, 07:25 PM
yah my cutlass i painted with the white and blue perl , looks white from a far but when u get closer to it in daylight the edges look highlighted , but at night thats wehn the pait works , under parking lights or highway lights the car doesnt really look white anymore , trust me i liek it , black perl is a common option alot of people are going for , IMO black is only ment for show and nothnig else too hard to keep clean and free of scratches , white hides alot of thoses imperfections , but still looks good, and to think of it i was going to paint my cuttlass black but then b/c the car is originally white the color whould have to be changed on the title

BITESIZE
03-06-2005, 07:30 PM
Dark Red with Gunmetal rims.......the BITESIZE way

hondamanlxi
03-08-2005, 10:01 AM
blah, panda! white on black on white on black (thats for us fullsize peeps) ;)

snoopyloopy
03-12-2005, 09:59 PM

as do i.

maxoutracer
03-12-2005, 11:01 PM
ya still doing the f&f style... hahaha... ricer age!

epic1400cs
03-13-2005, 10:00 AM
Hi, I am not a professional photoshop operator but I have done some colour/parts simuration on Photoshop with car picture as a hobby. You can change the color of your car in general, but in my opinion, it is not easy to change from solid colour to metalic colour. This is because the way how the colour reflect the light are very diffenrent from each other. If you have a Photoshop, it will be easier for you to find same coupe in the wine red, and cut out your bumpers and wheel from the pic of your car and stick it on(you need to take picture of your car from an angle exactly same as the other coupe picture. I recommend you to take picture under strong sun light to obtain strong contrast. If possible, you should use digital camera with high resolution). You still need to change the colour of the bumper but this will be much easier than changing whole body.

1) Cut out the bumper (and wheel) and import to the other coupe picture by using 'move tool'. The photoshop will create new layer.
2)If you create two layers for both bumpers, go 'Layer' menu and merge those two.
3) From layer palette, choose the bumper layer
4) Change the colour of the bumpers by Hue/Saturation command. If this doesnt give you good colour or good contrast,
5) in the same Hue/Saturation command, use the saturation slider and remove saturaiton completely - then the bumper will be in gray scale.
6) if you want more strong contrast to imitate metalic colour, use 'brightness/contrast' command and make the contrast stronger.
7) choose only the bumper by using 'magic wand tool' or simillar.
8) go to layer menu and create new layer
9) sample the colour from other coupe image by using 'eyedropper tool' you may need to try and error to choose good colour
10) switch back to the new layer and go to Edit > fill (dont fill the bumper layer directly).
11) in the layer palette adjust the opacity by moving the slider so that the gray shade of your bumper canbe seen through the wine red you filled.
12) also you can play around by choosing different layer options in the layer palette - like dissolve, multiply etc.

If this is not still satisfactory, find the same bumper in metalic colour or picture of it. Then you can match up easier. It is very rough step and you need to do a bit of try and error. If any of you have better method please correct it as I am not professional so I dont know all the tricks.