PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Install ?

MattsAccord
02-16-2005, 02:03 PM
Hey I just have a few questions. I'm putting my clutch a flywheel back on. In the clutch kit I got it has a packet of oil/lube stuff in it, the shows it going on the center of the dics in the little spindle thing the shft goes in. What is it and where do I need to put it in the actual hole in the groves or what.
Second, is there suppose to be a poilt bearing or anything in the flywheel. I've heard there is suppose to be and then I have heard there isn't.
Third, I'm cleaning everything up real good before I install it, is there anything that I should clean up real good with cleaner or anything that I shouldn't get cleaner on. Clean clutch assembly of finger prints and stuff or not?

Thanks alot.
Matt

shepherd79
02-16-2005, 04:15 PM
don't use any greese at all. you don't need it.
honda cars don't use pilot bearings as far as i know, but there is a diff in flywheel and main shaft of the tranny.
look at the end of the shaft. measure it. that little tip will go inside the flywheel. now measure the hole in the senter of the flywheel. if the whole is too big, it will fuck up your pressure plate and clutch very fast. the hole and the shaft should be the same diameter.

300700'88lx-i
02-16-2005, 04:48 PM
Hey, Matt, you weren't online so I figured I'd respond here. You should put a bit of that grease on the splines of the input shaft. It'll make sliding the shaft into the disc easier when putting the tranny back on. You should get some brake cleaner to clean the surface of the pressure plate and the friction surface of the flywheel. Make sure you torque everything to spec too.