PDA

View Full Version : Low Beams don't work - combination switch

Nice Guy Neil
02-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Hey folks, sorry about all the support requests as of late, I went out driving with my low beams on, had the highs on for a minute or so and when I turned them off, my low beams wouldn't come on. I've searched, and it seems like this is caused by the combination switch going bad. Seeing as honda wants $150 for one, I'd like to know: Is this definitely the problem? and Can it be cleaned or otherwise fixed? Thanks in advance.

HostileJava
02-17-2005, 08:08 PM
Once your in the lowbeam setting on the stitwch jiggle it around, you should be able to get them to flash on occasionally, if that's the case then it's definetly the switch that is causing your problem.

AZmike
02-17-2005, 11:42 PM
Sounds like an excuse to drop by the junkyard to me.

Nice Guy Neil
02-21-2005, 08:27 AM
Alright, I'm trying to get the combination switch out to clean / replace, and I've gotten it mostly out. Is there some trick to getting the plugs out that I'm missing? Or do you just squeeze them and pull really hard?

Nice Guy Neil
02-21-2005, 08:53 AM
Cancel that, I managed to get them out using pliers. Now to replace it and hope like hell it works.

snow_man_20
02-22-2005, 01:20 AM
FYI your low beams can blow and you will still have your high beems. It's unlikely that both headlights would go out at the same time but it's possible. Sounds like you got the switch out so i guess you will know when you get the new one in. I would just hate to do all that work and find out its just blown headlights.

I had the same problem on the way to work. One headlight went out and then the other a few days later going 60mph on a dark country highway :ugh: . Luckly i know that the high beems still work. I got my H4 conversion in the mail the next day.