PDA

View Full Version : how bad do you love your 3g

AccordNut
02-17-2005, 08:07 PM
do you talk to it, give it kind words when shes doing a good job?

do you ask it whats wrong when shes not acting right?

do you glance back several times while walking away?

do you constantly refer it as "my baby"?

have you ever just glanced at it from the side and just smiled?

when you crank it up do you feel an instant joy run through your body?

do you often pick yourself to drive somewhere with your friends just b/c you want to ride in your accord?

have you ever given your friend the keys just to watch your car take off and then come back?

if so, i do believe you've been love struck by your 3g :)

AccordEpicenter
02-17-2005, 09:46 PM

do you often pick yourself to drive somewhere with your friends just b/c you want to ride in your accord?

Im not sure why, but the sound of my 3g building boost is addicting. I still look at pictures of her every day... waiting to get her out of storage... i miss her

Hash_man_Se_i
02-17-2005, 10:03 PM

have you ever given your friend the keys just to watch your car take off and then come back?

I could never keep my eyes off my accord, if I went somewhere I always parked where I could see it if that was possible... always refer to it as my baby, what else would I call her, I'm not good with picking names.. haha. But, I never let my friends drive it without me in the car, and only 2 of my friends have driven it... i just dont trust their driving..

But... this is a good one... if you have lost your 3g... sold it, crashed it, it was stolen... did you cry?

I know i sure as hell did, as soon as I got out and saw the damage the tears came, call me a pussy if you will but damnit, I loved that car, and now that its basically written off, my life is not complete.

AccordEpicenter
02-17-2005, 10:46 PM
if somebody ever hit my car... id cry

88accordhb
02-17-2005, 11:11 PM
if somebody ever hit my car... id cry
my sister did that to me, and i did cry, but now that the car is all dinged up i can care less about it. just have to make sure it has enuff oil/gas/coolant to take me from a to b.

AccordEpicenter
02-17-2005, 11:15 PM
well if somebody hit my 5g i wouldnt care much , just get my insurance money and thats it... but the turbo 3g is special to me... close to my heart in a way

NXRacer
02-17-2005, 11:31 PM
sound of boost anywhere is addicting, but if it was in my own car i dont know what i would do.

HondaBoy
02-18-2005, 10:20 AM
i must love my 3gee pretty good considering all the money i spend on it. i'd buy something for the car before i'd buy something i need for myself. lol. sometimes at night i'll go look at it through my sliding glass door in the den. i think i'm going to go wash it right now actually, its a little dirty from the rain last week.

HostileJava
02-18-2005, 10:45 AM
I think I'm in love with mine, I always look back at it two or three times when I park it, my wife is starting to get annoyed about that, I also am going nuts with the warm weather being so close. She's parked waiting for warmer weather so I can get some engine work finished.

2drSE-i
02-18-2005, 01:49 PM

i do all of those........every day......except i would never give my friends the keys to my car because i dont trust anyone with my car, including my dad who drove it for 4 years before i did......i kept having these horrible visions of him totalling it

oh and heres another one

Have you ever parked a mile away from your destination to avoid door dings?

i sure as hell have, but it doesnt do me any good because i go to highschool and no1 at my school respects their cars, because i go to a highschool where its alot of rich little pricks whos parents bought their car for them, so i get a new ding every week.....pisses me off so bad. But one time i got payback.

i parked next to this guy one day, and he dinged me as i was going out to my car, i saw it and everything, and he took off before i could beat his ass ><

but the next day, my friend with a 76 trans am (extremely heavy doors) parked next to him, and i dinged the SHIT out of his door. made me happy

leia
02-18-2005, 02:02 PM
i do all of those........every day......except i would never give my friends the keys to my car because i dont trust anyone with my car, including my dad who drove it for 4 years before i did......i kept having these horrible visions of him totalling it

oh and heres another one

Have you ever parked a mile away from your destination to avoid door dings?

i sure as hell have, but it doesnt do me any good because i go to highschool and no1 at my school respects their cars, because i go to a highschool where its alot of rich little pricks whos parents bought their car for them, so i get a new ding every week.....pisses me off so bad. But one time i got payback.

i parked next to this guy one day, and he dinged me as i was going out to my car, i saw it and everything, and he took off before i could beat his ass ><

but the next day, my friend with a 76 trans am (extremely heavy doors) parked next to him, and i dinged the SHIT out of his door. made me happy

Hahaha! Mine needs a little body work so I don't care about dings too much.
But I WONT let my dad drive it, ever! He smashed up his 2000 Impala soo many times, he's on a first name basis with the body shop guy. And over winter break, he drove our Maxima one day (which everyone in my family has been driving for like 6 years....so he has driven it MANY times before) and coudn't figure out how to turn the lights off!

There are times when I love it, mostly I'm neutral towards it. I LOVED my old car, but she made me cry soo many times. My 3g is very good to me, I should be more appreciative, eventually I plan on making her lovely again. Until then, she'll get regular maintenance and be loved for her personality, hahahaha

2drSE-i
02-18-2005, 02:06 PM
yea my dad is on first name basis with the manager of Yohans Honduras (the good import shop here) and Freddy's Tires, but to be fair he worked with the guy from Yohans and hes gone to Freddys for the last 20 years lol

MIK3
02-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Of course. A mutual connection between his man and his car is only properly established once communication amongst the two has been established.

Thankfully I rarely, if ever, have to ask this question. But it never hurts to ask her if something's not feeling right...check ups are always a plus.

Yes, for many reasons. To make sure she's parked very straight and perfect. And to make sure there are no rocks in the tires, dirt spots around, or any imperfections of any kind... :)

No, more like my pride posession. My first car...she started it all with the driving scene, my teacher, and I have a feeling that I will keep it forever.

I'd have to say I have done the following. She's a clean, white, girl who's pretty with out aftermarket "breast implants".

I feel like I am starting a new revolution. Heh, the sound of any engine that starts up truly has to be one of the most beautiful sounds in the world.

Nope. I let them drive. Friends don't appreciate the time and effort put into the accord, with keeping it in the condition its in. They don't watch where they step, slam the doors, and touch the paint. Hell with that, they're driving me!

Nope. And I never will. I trust only three people with driving this car. My mom, my dad, and my friend I have known for 16 years. Other than that, access is thoroughly denied.

Agreed :rockon:

And yes, I also park very far away from any vehicles because of that, and for shade as well. I will take no chances with idiots in parking lots. My friends complain about parking sooo far away, I tell them to stop complaining, and that it's for a good cause.

leia
02-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Oh I just remembered other stuff.

Do you guys get super pissed when your friends "dance" or tap their feet? When they do that, I always assume the car is running weird (maybe because of my old car.....) and get REALLY pissed if they don't stop!

Also if I think I hear something strange, I immediately shut off the music, and tell my passengers to shut up until I can listen for the mystery noise again. I won't feel at ease until I've heard it again and convinced myself it was nothing.

I know very little about car repair and stuff like that, but in the past with my car, I have been very good about guessing what system in the car the noise or problem is related to. I am also very friendly with my mechanic, so I can call him and from my guess and description, he can have a VERY good guess of the issue and let me know if its cool to drive or hit a garage ASAP (I am away at school, 200 miles from my mechanic).

I always likened my Fox to a pasionate sexy girlfriend with lots of drama who breaks your heart and takes your money. My Honda is more of a stable and healthy give and take relationship, though the passion is a little lacking, but when I least expect it, she impresses me.

AccordEpicenter
02-18-2005, 02:24 PM
yeah i got really attentive to noises and wierd little things that i heard in my accord. I swear it has a little piston slap that doesnt seem to go away... soo far it hasnt been fatal even on boost and its been 35k miles since it started... maybe im just hearing things

HostileJava
02-18-2005, 02:28 PM
I'm always hearing noise and smelling things in the car that everyone else seems to be oblivious of, I guess it's paranio that will save the engine though.

frankie89
02-18-2005, 02:41 PM
i love my 3g thats as simple as i can get..im never giving her up!!!

Strugglebucket
02-18-2005, 10:11 PM
my accord and i have saved each other's lives a couple times.

so yeah, i love her and she loves me:)

AccordEpicenter
02-18-2005, 10:46 PM
amen to that... ive lost control of her at 100+ before and was able to regain control wihtout crashing.. she must love me

88accordalltheway
02-19-2005, 12:12 AM
my sister did that to me, and i did cry.
If i recall correctly, you were on the shitter when she pulled this. Dose that mean you were crying on the shitter??

How bad do you love your 3g
I love my car enough to do it in the butt

HostileJava
02-19-2005, 03:14 AM
If i recall correctly, you were on the shitter when she pulled this. Dose that mean you were crying on the shitter??

I love my car enough to do it in the butt

TMI TMI :barf:

darkhonda89
02-21-2005, 10:12 PM
ill never let her go , almost ,i dont know what i was thinking just needed money thats all over now so now its time to get back in to it she sat 4 awhile but the crx project is finished (alot of why i neede money) so it 3rd gen to compleation .....................................dark

accordlxi2.0
02-22-2005, 07:36 AM

i'll never do that again.....

but lately i've been getting that wondering eye....i had my mind set a 89 legend....but i don't think that'll work out.

Mike89Accordcom
02-22-2005, 10:20 AM
I treated my 3G like a person. I had it 9 years, I garaged it when I could, washed it weekly, kept it imaculate, took very very good care of it. I loved it a lot. I spent hella $$$ on it. Drove it carefully, didn't thrash it like so many do. Kept it mint for 9 years. Finally parted, but the kid who got it, got a new ride. I will always love that car.

87accordlxi
02-22-2005, 10:50 AM
I always look back at it two or three times when I park it

:werd: to that.