PDA

View Full Version : I can tell you what wont fit in our cars.

accordlx
05-04-2002, 04:02 PM
Mazda 626 GT front seats........ :burn:

I got a set of seats from a Mazda today at the junkyard for $25 that looked like they would fit in our cars. No matter how much adjusting I did on these seats, I could not make them fit. I even tried to make some brackets but could never get them right. This is because the inside seat rail mounts on both Accord front seats are funky as hell. I tried to put the seat rails from my seats onto the Mazda seats and that wouldnt work either.

Too bad because the Mazda seats were brand new looking and didnt have any rips or tears. They had 3 way adjustable rake, lumbar support and adjustable bolsters.

Oh well, they'll be office chairs tomorrow......

smufguy
05-04-2002, 06:50 PM
damn, u payed for it too? that sucks man. why not sell it on ebay for more? :)

CARBurn
05-04-2002, 07:05 PM
How do the GT seats look? And by that I mean do they have "halo" headrests or something?

Too bad, cuz I'm trying to get some better seats too.

What type of seats will you try next?

PhydeauX
05-04-2002, 09:05 PM
Didn't some one get some one swap in some gen3 lude seats with a little modification. The gen3 lude also has that setup where the back of the inner rail bolts to the channel instead of the floor.

andy

Bobs89LXi
05-05-2002, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by PhydeauX
Didn't some one get some one swap in some gen3 lude seats with a little modification. The gen3 lude also has that setup where the back of the inner rail bolts to the channel instead of the floor.

andy

If I am not mistaken, I believe it was Yasu (YK86) who did the 3G Lude seat swap.

smufguy
05-05-2002, 08:46 AM
yeah, someoen did that. I dont remember who it was, was he the same dude who did the steering from a lude? i like the 3g stock steering compared to any other steering. even teh 4g sucks. :rolleyes:

Bobs89LXi
05-05-2002, 11:21 AM
The person who has the Lude steering wheel is Chris, the originator of this post. :D

smufguy
05-05-2002, 11:40 AM
ooooh. :pimp: :bow:

accordlx
05-05-2002, 12:05 PM
Well, I said it can't be done but I did it. I made some more brackets used different seat rails, reinforced the floor and got the seats in. All I can say is that the seats I put in my car are about 1000% better than my stock seats were. Now I have adjustable lumbar and bolsters. Look for the pics coming to the pics section real soon. :) :) :) :) :) :)

smufguy
05-05-2002, 04:17 PM
the seats from the lxi, have front lumbar support for the driver, anyone know how it works? i have a number of lxi here in the junkyard but none of them wold stay down (like thelumbar thing bumped out). :huh:

CARBurn
05-05-2002, 05:43 PM
So the seats to get for those of us with Dx/lx is one from a prelude or lx-i?

PhydeauX
05-05-2002, 06:49 PM
I'd prefer the 3g lude seats over the lx-i's. The ludes have nice big side bolsters to keep you in place around the turns and a nice sporty look. I believe that they sit a bit lower too, though I can't verify it (you feel lower in a lude then you do in a gen3, but that could be due to more then the seats). I tryed to adapt a pair to fit in my gen2, didn't work. Did it at a junkyard so I did't buy them. They were nice, really wanted them in there. I ended up taking a pair of crx seats (add them to the list of seats that dont fit in a gen3, but they do work in a gen2), I also grabed the ludes steering wheel. I like it, the only diference between it and the gen3's is the ludes is a 3 spoke instead of a 4, but anything is better then the wheel that comes in a gen2. So this post isnt completely off topic and useless if I remember the old post on putting lude seats into a gen3 you have to drill one hole into the rail to make it work. Easy enough, maybe yasu will speak up and clarify it though.

andy

CARBurn
05-05-2002, 09:45 PM
Cool, guess I'll be doing some junkyard shopping for some lude seats to replace my worn ones.

dXsquared
05-08-2002, 06:04 AM
i have some lude seats also. it was sooo simple. all u need is some knowlage and some will power. they actually only took about 4 hours to place make brakets and drill. i am very happy and as soon as i finish my car i will put them on my site and this one so they can be viewed~!
Travis

POS carb
05-08-2002, 09:30 AM
the Lude seats are ugly though, that's the only reason I didn't get them. You know what would be phat? Some seats from a sterling. Those cars even had electric rear seats! Too bad their electronics are a POS