PDA

View Full Version : talk about close

accordlxi2.0
02-18-2005, 08:08 PM
sometimes i could kick myself in the ass.
okay i have a radiator leak (replaceing this wed.)
and i've put enough water so now i use antifreeze.
i had a bottle of napa coolant BUT with water only, and another coolant (think its zerex...some expensive stuff).

i loaned my car to my cousin and told him : " the car has a coolant leak so once you do what you have to do fill her up. DON'T use the napa bottle, USE ONLY the zerex bottle.

his dumb ass turns around and uses the napa bottle.

gives the car to me last night.....
so it's like 10* out this morning, go to start her up, getting ready for my PT appointment...running fine.
10minutes later, put her in drive...shuts off?
no matter if i put her in reverse or drive...revving her hard...she shuts off?!

then i noticed the gauge has'nt moved nor i have any heat.
get out,open hood, open rad cap......i'll be damn, water is slushy looking.
feel my heater hoses and some other hoses.....FROZEN SOLID...but the engine is hot as hell.

so i had to bleed..or let her run....used anti freeze.
called my dr. and as they gave me my new appoint ment the hater blew hot air.

this is one reason why i don't wanna get rid of the car..............

88accordhb
02-18-2005, 08:15 PM
doh?

AccordEpicenter
02-18-2005, 08:30 PM
hope it didnt crack anything... like a block

danronian
02-18-2005, 09:29 PM
It should pop the freeze plugs out before it cracks the block, but if it was cracked you would probably know by now. That's why I never let anyone but myself drive my car.

AccordEpicenter
02-18-2005, 10:44 PM
It should pop the freeze plugs out before it cracks the block
why they call em freeze plugs is a misnomer... They dont do shit in preventing the block from being damaged when the coolant freezes, they are there for the casting process of cast iron (ever notice why aluminum block dont have them?)

88accordalltheway
02-19-2005, 12:17 AM
accord epi, you really think coolant will cause enough pressure when it freezes to crack cast iron??? (im not trying to be a dick or anything im really curious)

AccordEpicenter
02-19-2005, 01:00 AM
accord epi, you really think coolant will cause enough pressure when it freezes to crack cast iron??? (im not trying to be a dick or anything im really curious)

sure, water can exert alot of pressure on an object when it freezes, possibly cracking the block

accordlxi2.0
02-19-2005, 06:18 PM
everything thing is fine.

i mean this car rad. could've done what the sable rad. had done...just leaked once it warms up.

mines is like when i drive hard without useing the a/c fans....it'll leak out a certain amount.

but with them on...she leaks out less.

i mean this car over heated countless times, the cougar all it took was two times and that was it....

plus she manages to start even when i had the no good dead battery.
when i let her tank get soooooo dry...she manages to wait till i get home to run out of gas.

man......

bobafett
02-20-2005, 09:33 AM
sounds like your really easy on your cars! ;)

good luck with your 3g

accordlxi2.0
02-20-2005, 10:52 AM
actully the only car i was easy on was the cougar...(sound and sometimes drove like it was gonna fall apart). the beretta was 2nd easiest.

and my hondas well.....
thats a different story.