PDA

View Full Version : Switching carb brakes to EFi brakes...

Hash_man_Se_i
02-20-2005, 03:49 AM
Well, I may be picking up an 89 LX for the fact that there are no good EXi's or SEi's around my area, and this car is in really good shape... soo...

Can I just swap the caliper, and rotor over from my parts Se-i? *this is for the front not rear*

Or... are any other parts different? is the master cylinder the same? i have a feeling it isnt.

** I searched a bit, and couln't find an existing thread on this, so forgive me if there is**

Oldblueaccord
02-20-2005, 04:37 AM
Well, I may be picking up an 89 LX for the fact that there are no good EXi's or SEi's around my area, and this car is in really good shape... soo...

Can I just swap the caliper, and rotor over from my parts Se-i? *this is for the front not rear*

Or... are any other parts different? is the master cylinder the same? i have a feeling it isnt.

** I searched a bit, and couln't find an existing thread on this, so forgive me if there is**

pretty sure its a straight swap out but i never done it on our accords. done it on civics and stuff.

wp

SteveDX89
02-20-2005, 05:22 AM
Check the How-To. You will have to swap the master cylinder and the whole knuckle. Since the rotor is bigger, the caliper has different mounting points. The master cylinder is bigger on the EFI models. You will also not be able to use the OEM 13" wheels on the LX. You will the 14's off an LX-i/SE-i.

Hash_man_Se_i
02-20-2005, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I have my se-i sitting in my garage basically just going to be a parts car, so I have everything needed. Including the se-i wheels.

HondaBoy
02-20-2005, 09:50 PM
really, you dont need to change out the master cylinder if your doing just the front brakes and leaving the rear drums. all you've done is put a slightly larger caliper on. you ought to take pictures of the EFI parts next to the LX brakes, just for comparison purposes. i was thinking of putting the bigger brakes on, but i love my 13's too much to not be able to put them on.

Hash_man_Se_i
02-20-2005, 10:14 PM
Well I'm goint to be putting the rear discs on aswell, I mean, thats one of the main reasons i'm using the se-i for parts.

Strugglebucket
02-21-2005, 01:12 AM
the pedal will be lower if you use the 7/8 cylinder instead of the 15/16 with the lx-i/se-i front calipers.

and as far as i know the rear drums and rear discs displace the same amount of fluid.

Busted_Blue
02-21-2005, 01:43 PM
i say "if you are doing it, doing it right the first time."

Basically swap the whole knuckle in the front including the calipers/rotors and the proportioning valve and master cylinder from your SEi. I mean if you have such a clean LX around and an SEi parts car, why not swap basically anything that is different. :)

Moodybluesr
02-21-2005, 02:16 PM
Make sure you swap over those sway bars just to be thorough. :D

88accordalltheway
02-21-2005, 02:20 PM
why wont the old wheels fit??? is the caliper that much bigger???

Moodybluesr
02-21-2005, 02:43 PM
The rotor (and rotor guard) are a larger diameter.

Hash_man_Se_i
02-21-2005, 04:09 PM
Basically swap the whole knuckle in the front including the calipers/rotors and the proportioning valve and master cylinder from your SEi. I mean if you have such a clean LX around and an SEi parts car, why not swap basically anything that is different.

Well, I may have just found an EX-i... but if that doesnt work, basically the only clean 3rd gen's around here are carbed so I might have to... and I like the way you think, i would probably do it all.