PDA

View Full Version : oops messed up my fuel/temp gauge

AccordNut
02-20-2005, 11:18 AM
i was trying to install these new gauge faces i got but i broke the pin thing that the fuel needle sits on. i tried replacing it with a safety pin that i cut the same size, but needless to say it doesnt work. Also my temp gauge is all screwy, the needle works somewhat but when i turn the car on it goes immediately to the hot position. i dont suppose anyone has any experience with this? if not ill just have to buy a new gauge

frankie89
02-20-2005, 12:36 PM
go to the junk yard and get a new gauge, be careful when installing!! i broke mines too. when installing dont pull the needles off just slide the gauge over the needle and put some silicone adhesive on the back b4 u slide them on so the it will stick to the original gauge. hope this helps.

HondaBoy
02-20-2005, 03:15 PM
ah yes, this has happened to so many people. junk yard is the best bet i suppose. i forget the correct way to take the needles off, or not to. wasnt there a way to put the face on by slipping it around the needles? maybe there's something in the how-to section. show some pix of how they look. which ones did you get? the PCP.com ones. silver or white face? good luck with fixing the gauges.

AccordNut
02-20-2005, 04:19 PM
well i suppose its possible to slide them over the needle, i just didnt wanna risk tearing the gauge face...i got the white faces from PCP, they look freakin sweet at night! but i cant get too comfy since i dont know how much gas i have :uh: thanks guys

AccordEpicenter
02-20-2005, 06:04 PM
yeah they just about never come off... theyre super glued on or somthing

88Accord-DX
02-20-2005, 08:30 PM
When I put on my glow guages, I slid them over the needles. That is what the instructions said to do. I also had to move the guages around alot after putting the cluster on to get them from rubbing on the needles.

See if you can find one (guage cluster) at a junkyard. I see them on ebay often too. I don't think a safety pin will fix it, as you found out.

w00tw00t111
02-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Well, now that I know not to try to take the needles off. That's nice. So that I don't ruin the needle. Yah knowledge

cdscowboy
02-21-2005, 04:18 AM
That happened to me too. I broke the needle, got a new cluster, didn't know not to move it! d'oh! I just relied on milage and my gas light for a couple years.

HondaBoy
02-21-2005, 11:16 AM
that's sort of the reason i'm sticking with stock gauges. hehe. then again i dont think white face gauges would go with my car.