PDA

View Full Version : carb-fi dizzys

KBs playtoy
02-20-2005, 03:49 PM
are the carb and fi dizzy the same, as like buy a carb motor intown and swap my intake over and still use my fi dizzy. any thing else i would have to swap over?

SteveDX89
02-20-2005, 06:42 PM
The EFI dizzy will fit on the carb head. The intake has nothing to do with the dizzy. When you use it on the carb head, you will only 2 of the mounting points. Or are you trying to do something else? It sounds like you're trying to convert a carb motor to EFI. Is that correct?

KBs playtoy
02-20-2005, 06:50 PM
yea cause all the places around here that have fi motors want 400 and up with exchange, and theres three rebuild shops here and they want $1,827-$1,883 to rebuild the motor. plus they dont even take the motor out of the car, and i was like thats ok. i'll have someone else do it for me. theres a few carbed motors at the salvage that i always go to cause he's got like 50 3rg gen accords and then theres another that has an ass load of 84-91 ludes and 3rd gen accords.

what where you saying about the mounting holes? you said ((you will only 2 of the mounting points))?????

SteveDX89
02-21-2005, 03:49 AM
what where you saying about the mounting holes? you said ((you will only 2 of the mounting points))?????

Yes. The EFI dizzy has 3 bolts that hold it on. The carbs only have 2. When you put the EFI dizzy on the carb head, you will only use 2 of the bolts. It stays on just fine. However, if you're rebuilding a carb engine and you already have an EFI in your car (i'm assuming). When you put the carb engine back together, instead of using the carb head, drop the EFI head from your current motor. Make sure you include everything that's attached to the head. Then you have an EFI motor and the conversion on it is done outside the car so it'll be a little easier.

shepherd79
02-21-2005, 04:26 AM
actually, all he has to do is remove the cam (EFi cam is diff anyway) and change a few things on the rocker arm to accomodate the new Distributor. EFi distributor has diff mounting braket. everything else is the same.

KBs playtoy
02-21-2005, 09:03 AM
ok, well i'm going on week #3 with out my car it's just ben sitting in the garage stripped down soo.. i got no clue when the hell i'll come across another motor, or a damn parts cars. cause there aint none of them around here. i dont know what i want to do for right now. i've just been installing a few things before i get another motor. like oil pressure adapter and battery in the trunk. :sad2: :sad2:

smufguy
02-21-2005, 01:43 PM
all u gotta do is change the last (dist end) rocker arm support post from the carb to an efi. U can pull it from a local junkyard off an efi motor and all the tools u need is just a 12mm and a 10mm socket and a breaker bar. Following pic has the part that needs to be switched out boxed in red (left on the picture, pic is off a carb head).

http://img174.exs.cx/img174/5595/10003094mu.th.jpg (http://img174.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img174&image=10003094mu.jpg)

A20A1
02-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Here is a pic I posted a while back, for a simmilar question.

http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2496

Ivan
02-21-2005, 02:20 PM
Вижу сняли прерыватель-распределитель(трамблер) ...а че пытаетись сделать не могу догнать !Объясните по русски !!!

smufguy
02-21-2005, 02:36 PM
Вижу сняли прерыватель-распределитель(трамблер) ...а че пытаетись сделать не могу догнать !Объясните по русски !!!

say what the fuck? :huh:

SteveDX89
02-21-2005, 05:11 PM
say what the fuck? :huh:

Ahaha. :werd:

shepherd79
02-22-2005, 04:51 AM
it is russian. so don't worry. he is just trying to figure out what the guy is trying to do.

SteveDX89
02-22-2005, 05:50 AM
it is russian. so don't worry. he is just trying to figure out what the guy is trying to do.

Translate it for us.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
02-22-2005, 08:50 PM
He said that he can see that the distributor is removed, but can't figure out what the purpose of it is.

smufguy
02-22-2005, 08:53 PM
He said that he can see that the distributor is removed, but can't figure out what the purpose of it is.

lol he makes me laugh. tell him that the reason for it was a comparison of the brackets.

'89AccordLX(Rus)
02-22-2005, 09:19 PM
Трамблёр сняли для того что бы сравнить крепления трамблёра карбюраторного и инжекторного двигателя. У инжекторного одно дополнительное крепление. Вопрос изначально стоял о взаимозаменяемости трамблёров.

smufguy
02-23-2005, 12:56 AM
"Trembler they would remove for the fact that to compare fastenings of the trembler of carburetor and injector engine. In injector one additional fastening. A question originally stood about the interchangeability of tremblers."----------- english translated quote of 89accordlx(RUS)

Bro you defenitely need a translator. -----"Bro вы defenitely переводчик."

KBs playtoy
02-23-2005, 07:46 AM
well monday my step dad called me late monday evening and said there was a uy in vera, ok that had a motor. i called him tuesday morning and he had it, drove up there and it was still in the car that just got there three days ago. you guys should of seen the hatchback that it came out of omg it was the cleanest 3g that i've ever seen in the bone yard. any ways i get home a see that its the one stage intake mani. so i go and get my two stage intake and swap them over took about 2 hours since had to run and get gaskets and all that shit. finialy got some help from a buddy that came over couldn't get the motor to be square enough cause i didn't have a long enough chain for the engine lift. cv's are installed, mainly all i gotta do is re wire sensors for my guages, radi. and hook up my battery for my box in t the trunck.......

thanks guys for the help on the dizzy's