PDA

View Full Version : alarm question ..can yall help?

accordlxi2.0
02-20-2005, 06:10 PM
okay i found my variable shock sensor that came from my beretta,( i took the alarm off, but could'nt find it)
okay on my alarm it has a + input (for major shock) and a - input (for light shock).
on the sensor it has a red, of course + and a black, of course -...but there's a orange wire...

it has a red l.e.d. on the sensor so would that be where the orange wire is for??
and would it be safe to do this.......

accordlxi2.0
02-24-2005, 07:11 PM
noone?????

shepherd79
02-25-2005, 05:05 AM
well fist you have find out what kind sensor it is. conact the dealer or who ever made it. you may as well ask them.

accordlxi2.0
02-25-2005, 08:53 AM
thats the thing...i took the alrm off of my beretta...i found the sensor but not the brain or the remotes.
i'm not for sure what brand it is?

POS carb
03-02-2005, 06:50 PM
that is very strange that it has that many hookups...
the LED should run off the red and black power or maybe your alarm is really ghetto and uses the sensor as a brain of some sort.

can you open the shell on it? if you can post a pic of both sides of the circuit I'm sure I can figure it out

catalin
04-03-2005, 07:40 PM
It's quite the reply but here it goes anyways.

The shock sensor you found is a single zone sensor. When it detects an impact to the vehicle it sends a short negative pulse along the orange wire to the alarm and in turn the alarm triggers the sire.

Yes red is 12v+, black is 12v- and the orange connects to a negative trigger input to the alarm you want to is it.

Good luck

okay i found my variable shock sensor that came from my beretta,( i took the alarm off, but could'nt find it)
okay on my alarm it has a + input (for major shock) and a - input (for light shock).
on the sensor it has a red, of course + and a black, of course -...but there's a orange wire...

it has a red l.e.d. on the sensor so would that be where the orange wire is for??
and would it be safe to do this.......