PDA

View Full Version : My '86 hatch

bluboomlxi
02-21-2005, 12:44 AM
The big blue beast of the east lives on, haven't been on here much , but I've been a member for about 4 years now, through several site changes, here are some pics I threw together
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/weaselhammer/mightyhonda.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/weaselhammer/carengine.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/weaselhammer/carstereo1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/weaselhammer/carstereo2.jpg

Arospeed intake, Naxxos muffler, 2" exhaust, high-flow-cat, optima battery, accell/NGK ignition, high flow injectors, adj. fuel pressure reg, high flow fuel pump, ported exhaust manifold, no AC, no PS, custom CV axles, no more emissions junk...lol, Konig 17" wheels w/ 205-40-17 kumho tires, tokico struts, sprint springs, se-i armrest, cup-holders, and visors, 89 front nose w/ custom grill w/ driving lights behind the grill, clear bumper marker lights, autometer tach w/ shift light, Viper alarm, Pioneer cd player(old), pioneer, and sony amps... no Xplod junk!!, RF crossover, pheonix gold 10's, pheonix gold 6.5's and soundstream separates, brown bread on doors, and complete interior sound deadening sprayjob, painted moldings and mirrors, slotted rotors with kvr carbon fiber brake pads, lukes drag clutch (don't buy one, hard to drive), My seats are torn up... need new ones, and my dash and tonneau need replaced.

Moodybluesr
02-21-2005, 01:34 AM
I'm digging the roof rack... you need to put some KC's up there! :D Oh yeah, this is the 3Geez forum not the Ultimate Subaru Message Board... bah, the rack's cool anyway!

frankie89
02-21-2005, 01:56 AM
nice hatch!! i wish i had a hatch..nice and clean!!(btw cool old skool skates)

phenox
02-21-2005, 05:09 AM
:omg: :omg: :omg: skates!!!. but nice hatch one of the reasons that want a hatch is so i can make it look clean but the 4dr will one day be the shit.

BDaccordguy
02-21-2005, 09:12 AM
nice hatchy!

88accordhb
02-21-2005, 09:51 AM
i love it. very clean and tasteful.

NXRacer
02-21-2005, 09:57 AM
nice stereo installation. Your hatch looks almost as good as mine!! :rofl: j/k. I love the wheels.

bluboomlxi
02-21-2005, 10:55 AM
wow! I appreciate the comments! Gotta have the roof rack to carry my mountain bike around, but sometmes I take it off to look good. I love the hatches, and from what I've read, the LX-i hatches came stock with heavier sway bars and a 4.11 final drive, so that's a plus too!! Thanks again for all the replies!

Busted_Blue
02-21-2005, 01:40 PM
wow! I appreciate the comments! Gotta have the roof rack to carry my mountain bike around, but sometmes I take it off to look good. I love the hatches, and from what I've read, the LX-i hatches came stock with heavier sway bars and a 4.11 final drive, so that's a plus too!! Thanks again for all the replies!

Where did you read those differences from a hatch?

Moodybluesr
02-21-2005, 02:08 PM
Where did you read those differences from a hatch?
Not hatch specific... LXi specific. :slap:

bluboomlxi
02-21-2005, 02:55 PM
ok, it's been awhile, I got the final drive # from my service manual, and I think I read about the sway bars on here years ago, not sure

Hash_man_Se_i
02-21-2005, 04:06 PM
Looks good... I love those wheels, and the stereo install is a really good idea too.

HostileJava
02-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Looks pretty good, I think if you get some clear sidemarkers it will look alot better.

danronian
02-21-2005, 06:48 PM
I like the clean look of the car, minus the roof rack. I also like the custom amp rack/sub enclosure, I was thinking of doing that since I want to get a rear strut bar and my subs are on the back of the seat, but I'm not sure how of if I am going to do it yet.

bluboomlxi
02-21-2005, 09:38 PM
I actually since I took this pic, painted the front corner lights, I know it sounds hokey, but didn't look too bad, I just wanted to see how it would look without lights, if I keep the car, i'm going to remove them and weld in sheet metal instead.
Thanks for the comments on the stereo install, I did everything myself, and did mid 140 db runs in local competitions, even though the stereo wasn't designed for spl, they hardly did any sound quality comps around here, it was all about the boom. I was classified in the 500 and under watt class, when and if they had classes.

BITESIZE
02-21-2005, 10:07 PM
Nice front Bumper, been wanting to do the same thing!

Moodybluesr
02-21-2005, 11:01 PM
I actually since I took this pic, painted the front corner lights, I know it sounds hokey, but didn't look too bad, I just wanted to see how it would look without lights, if I keep the car, i'm going to remove them and weld in sheet metal instead.

You should install sidemarkers if you do this to stay legal (and safe (andJDM)). :rockon:

Elijah
02-23-2005, 02:32 PM
Hot hatch

adams86lxi
02-23-2005, 03:16 PM
good work bro! Love it!

SQ is the SQUAD
02-24-2005, 09:03 PM
like i always said hatch>all
i swaped front bumpers too
looking good, reminds me of when my hatch was stock blue

bluboomlxi
06-27-2005, 01:16 AM
JUst an update on the hatch, I recently bought myself a fully loaded 2001 honda accord, black, power moon roof, everything. I still have yet to decide what to do with the big blue beast of the east, If I keep it, I'll probably gut the car, put in a roll cage, freshen the engine, and make it a SCCA racer. If I do that, I may put some of the hard to find SE-I interior parts up for sale on here. I really don't know what I'm going to do yet, I really don't want to part ways with the love of my life ! lol

88accordhb
06-27-2005, 08:38 AM
oh yah, don't know if you've been on lately, but good se-i parts (ie. armrest and cupholders) fetch rediculous amounts of money now a days.

bluboomlxi
07-28-2005, 10:50 PM
I'm thinking of possibly building a B20 for the hatch now, I have it stored at a friends house, I really can't part ways with that car. I got used to driving the 2001 ex, and When I drove the old hatch across town the other day to take it to my friends house, I was totally loving the power it has, not only is my '86 a hell of alot faster than the newer ex, but it's got better mileage too, , AND it has over 300,000 miles on it !! not only that, I kicked ass on some rednecks in a late 80's iroc camaro, while taking it over there, Dang I miss that car. Once I finish the bodywork on my sister's '71 beetle, I'll start stripping down the 3g, I'll post progress pics as they come !

bluboomlxi
12-22-2010, 12:42 AM
I miss this forum and I miss my car, I am looking into buying another blue hatchback from a local dealer to start all over again. I still have the SE-I cupholders ! lol 3GEEZ RULES !!