PDA

View Full Version : Car horn with a mind of its own

DSMRacing
02-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Well, this seems sort of akward. I'm new here, but I've read a couple of messages here and there, and wondering if anyone can help me. I've recently been in an accident and the front bumper is cracked on the right side. Also, the fender on the right side in front is kind of dented. That's not the problem though, atleast I don't think. When I drive, and have been driving the car just randomly starts honking. At first it was short honks and I thought it was the tire rubbing against something, but then yesterday I found out that it was the horn. As I was leaving the auto show, the car just honked and wouldn't stop. Today also, was going to pick up my friend, practically the whole way there, the car either honked briefly, or it was long honks. I tried taking out the fuse for the horn, but when I take out the fuse...the taillights don't work. I'm not sure where the horn in the car is located so I can just like rip it out because it's pissing me off so much. Can anyone help me?

Strugglebucket
02-21-2005, 08:34 PM
there's 2 horns and they're right behind the bumper on either side. sounds like the wires must have got damaged from the accident and are periodically shorting somewhere.
just take the bumper off and find and repair the damaged wires.

DSMRacing
02-21-2005, 08:40 PM
Thanks, thinking about waking up extra early before school tomorrow just to fix this. I either laugh myself to death while driving, or get so pissed off I just want to stop and walk.

Strugglebucket
02-21-2005, 08:53 PM
don't feel bad my room mate just bought a brand new 2004 dodge durango and the horn will go off in the middle of the night while it's parked in the driveway! driveway is right in front of my room so i'll be asleep, say 4am, and all of a sudden *BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEP*

Underdog
02-21-2005, 09:32 PM
don't feel bad my room mate just bought a brand new 2004 dodge durango and the horn will go off in the middle of the night while it's parked in the driveway! driveway is right in front of my room so i'll be asleep, say 4am, and all of a sudden *BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEP*
My past neighbor's brand new Dodge does that too. I think there might even be a recall on it he said.

snow_man_20
02-22-2005, 12:17 AM
That would suck, i hate hearing horns or alarms when i'm tring to sleep. I really like the dodge durango though, looks and the power, just a great SUV IMO.

DSMRacing
02-22-2005, 05:25 AM
Luckily my car doesn't do that. Going to try to fix that today. Once again, thanks for the help.