PDA

View Full Version : H4 Wiring

Yuu89LXi
02-22-2005, 09:55 AM
I'm doing an H4 conversion on my car, I also have the wiring... I've searched the topics for help on this but didn't find anything technical in what I needed. I know that alot of you believe it is not nessesary to upgrade the wiring, but I have the wiring, (apc) and I wish to upgrade it. The question is... How do I install it?
The instructions APC gives were obviously written by some who knows little english if any. The wiring diagrams in my Chilton and shop manuals don't help a whole lot either.
If anyone has done this, I would appreciate some technical instructions on what plug goes where etc.
Thanks.

X-Lr8
02-22-2005, 12:04 PM
I assume you are going to be using relays as well. if not might as well since u are going to replace the wiring. here is a good site with lots of info and very easy to follow diagrams.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html

Hash_man_Se_i
02-22-2005, 01:08 PM
I dunno, from my personal experience with APC products, I would much rather leave the stock wiring.

HondaBoy
02-22-2005, 01:40 PM
:werd: APC products i've used were all crap. not one thing i've bought from them was good. anyway, i would have rather just made a wiring harness myself. putting larger gauge wires and relays isnt really hard to make. i did the wiring for my driving lights myself. has 14 gauge wires, a relay, and a circuit breaker. i think the wiring can probley handle a 130 watt bulb or better, but i only have 100 watt bulbs in there now. the wires dont even get hot. when i put the H4 conversions, i did replace the plug.