PDA

View Full Version : ahh!

895spdforfree
02-22-2005, 03:51 PM
ok well this is getting on my nerves i think i know what it is but i need some feedback...
well at freeway speeds my car shakes like crazy like the alignment is off.......but also when the car hits any bump or even when anyone sits down (in the front) theres this sqweaking sound its kinda bad, what could this be? it sounds like SOME (?) bushings are squeaking except worste i dont know it sounds bad.. i just dont want my wheels to come off haha ok thanks

NXRacer
02-22-2005, 03:59 PM
sounds like a combination of worn out bushings or struts and unbalanced wheel(s). Might also want to check your wheel bearings.

danronian
02-22-2005, 06:35 PM
I would check the upper and lower ball joints since sometimes when they are shot they make some noise. The upper front control arm bushings often squeek also since they only time you can lube them is when you install them and often the grease gets washed out of them eventually. It is not problem really, just an annoyance. Try swapping the front and rear wheels and if the problem stops at highway speeds it is probably the wheels being out of balance. Some shops suck at installing wheel weights, an example is once I got tires for the accord and within a year all of the wheel weights flew off of every one and the thing shook pretty bad at any speed over 55mph. Sometimes they fly off when you hit big potholes but often it is just installer error.