PDA

View Full Version : Ecu problems

casey
02-22-2005, 06:52 PM
Hey I "think my ecu is bad any suggestions?? I wasnt getting any fire so I replaced the distibuter and had fire, the car idled up to about 4000 and acted as if it shut completly off until about 500 rpm and then back up.when the car was in gear (auto) it idled fast but didn't lope this went on for about a week and now I have no check engine light when I turn on the switch, no fire and no fuel,and the ecu isnt putting out any codes. sounds like and ecu problem to me, but I am a carburator type guy and dont know anything about fi. the car also has an aftermarket alarm that has been disengaged If maybe that may have something to do with it, all and any help will be much and greatly appreciated! thanks :uh:

AccordEpicenter
02-22-2005, 07:19 PM
ive had alarm systems make wierd problems like this. Does the fuel pump get voltage when you first key on? Do you have a soild check engine light or no check engine light at all?

casey
02-22-2005, 07:23 PM
ive had alarm systems make wierd problems like this. Does the fuel pump get voltage when you first key on? Do you have a soild check engine light or no check engine light at all?
I do not have a check engine light at all nor do I have any leds showing up, checked all the fuses and they are getting voltage. fuel pump has no voltage and the plugs wont fire. I wish I knew what all the ecu is responsible for. I am stumped! thanks for the help!

AccordEpicenter
02-22-2005, 07:33 PM
yeah id try another ecu if you can get one, id check my grounds in the engine compartment and battery and the main relay, maybe even the resistor box, those are the only things i can think of... It doesnt run at all right now right?

casey
02-22-2005, 07:43 PM
yeah id try another ecu if you can get one, id check my grounds in the engine compartment and battery and the main relay, maybe even the resistor box, those are the only things i can think of... It doesnt run at all right now right?
Right now no, It did this the other night and I came outside in the morning and it fired right up, only to do it again. it has progressed into nothing slowly. I have power to absolutly everything but what I need. the engine and its components. it even cranks over. I appreciate your input A.E. I really needed a second opinion to boost my moral

AccordEpicenter
02-22-2005, 07:57 PM
if you pull the drivers side seat out, pull the ecu out and open the covers on the top and bottom and look for corrosion etc inside on the circuit board. Ive seen MANY ecus get bad like this... but they usually throw a soild C E L indicating a fatal condition

casey
02-22-2005, 08:00 PM
if you pull the drivers side seat out, pull the ecu out and open the covers on the top and bottom and look for corrosion etc inside on the circuit board. Ive seen MANY ecus get bad like this... but they usually throw a soild C E L indicating a fatal condition
Ok I will do that tomorrow evening I am willing to cover all bases before I buy a new ecu. but I will if need be. I will check it out and let you know what happens, can dealer run a diagnostics on the ecu when out of the car? thanks, Casey

AccordEpicenter
02-22-2005, 08:06 PM
dealerships these days wont know shit about this ecu... itd be cheaper to get another one then to have somebody try and dick with this one

casey
02-22-2005, 08:11 PM
dealerships these days wont know shit about this ecu... itd be cheaper to get another one then to have somebody try and dick with this one
So true, I agree I would rather buy one than mess around with the dealership dip sh*ts, I will let you know what happens thanks for the help man. If you think of any more Ideas throw em' my way