PDA

View Full Version : Brakes Sticking

89HondaAccord
02-23-2005, 12:09 AM
I have a Honda Accord and the only problem is that the Honda has is that the Power Steering Pump is bad and the Brakes are Sticking and i tried to move it and it wont. What all needs to be done?

smufguy
02-23-2005, 01:11 AM
1. power steering pump. To remove it u need 10mm, 12mm and 14mm sockets to remove the hose bolts and bracket bolts, respectively. swapping the pump is straightforward and use nothing but honda specified pwr steering fluid. DO NOT USE MULTIPURPOSE OR UNIVERSAL ONE.

2. To move the piston back into the caliper u need to use a C-Clamp and push the piston in, if it wont go in or is hard to push it in, u need a new caliper which is like 30 to 40 bux with old one returned. and bleed the breakes and ur good to go.

89HondaAccord
02-23-2005, 04:19 AM
1. power steering pump. To remove it u need 10mm, 12mm and 14mm sockets to remove the hose bolts and bracket bolts, respectively. swapping the pump is straightforward and use nothing but honda specified pwr steering fluid. DO NOT USE MULTIPURPOSE OR UNIVERSAL ONE.

2. To move the piston back into the caliper u need to use a C-Clamp and push the piston in, if it wont go in or is hard to push it in, u need a new caliper which is like 30 to 40 bux with old one returned. and bleed the breakes and ur good to go.

thats what i thought it was the piston...thanks for tellin me about the fluid to use, i was thinkin that it uses that...thank you