PDA

View Full Version : what kind of bulb?

DavidRCT
08-03-2002, 07:42 PM
Hi, I've been looking around for new bulbs for my headlights but I don't know which kind my car has. I want to get those Hyper White or whatever u call those. I was wondering if anybody could tell me a model or number or anything I can use to find out which one fits my car and if u could give instructions on how to replace the bulb that would be even better. In case you're wondering, i have a 88 Accord DX. Thanks....

Dave:super:

87accordlxph
08-04-2002, 06:10 AM
To get those nice bluish bright white lights, your gonna have to get a sealed beam conversion kit. You can visit midnitemoose.com.
That's where I bought mine from. These are difenitely better than those blue halogens. Xenon H4 bulbs are what they called.
Would you happen to have a manual on how to install sealed beams? It's not really hard to do this mod at all.

OK here we go...

Raise the headlights.

Remove the screws to the "eyelid" or headlight garnish they call it do not remove the ones on the sides directly in the middle as to those adjust the beam. Also there are screws (one on each side)
remove those. So 4 screws total.

Remove the retaining clip, (looks like a steel fram around the light)
remove (the middle screw and then the 2 bottom lower right and left screw) 3 screws in total.

Pull the light out and disconect the 3 prong connector.

So now these H4 bulbs will go into the hole in the housing when you buy these, you will see. Take the time to thing how you will assemble this conversion. YOU CAN DO IT! :)

Ofcourse, assembly is the reversal of removal.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask me Dave.

-Mike