PDA

View Full Version : Neat Ideas

SexyEroticIndividual
02-24-2005, 07:23 AM
I need some neat ideas for modifying the look of my 89 SE-i. I know I would like to clear my lights out and add a body kit, drop it, and put rims and an exhaust system on it. But i dont really know where to start. HELP!!!!

SteveDX89
02-24-2005, 07:33 AM
Start with the exhaust. Clear lights if you can find someone selling theirs. Then get rims. Lower it. Body Kit.

SexyEroticIndividual
02-24-2005, 07:38 AM
Start with the exhaust. Clear lights if you can find someone selling theirs. Then get rims. Lower it. Body Kit.

Thanks!

HostileJava
02-24-2005, 08:04 AM
Bodykit is gonna be the toughest if you want anything other then the kit offered by Xenon. It's going to have to be custom fitted to the car, if you read the stickies in this section you'll find information about what kits to use and how they need to be modified as well as pictures of memebers who have done it. Depending what your after, looks or performance, really is going to depend on where you start your modding. Are you looking to start with cheaper items first? Based on your list of what you want to do and the section this is in, I'm going to assume your mostly after looks. I think on a non kitted car wheels have the most affect, so I'd probably start there, then drop it. Again depeding on what your after and how much you want to spend you can either just put a muffler on it, do a cat back system, or replace everything form the header back, the lights are going to be the cheapest to replace, I went with all clears and LED bulbs, but you can also black them out or do anything custom really.

SteveDX89
02-24-2005, 08:19 AM
I think on a non kitted car wheels have the most affect, so I'd probably start there, then drop it.

I'm dropped with no kit on stock wheels. Looks hot. Very sleeperesque.

HostileJava
02-24-2005, 08:21 AM
I'm dropped with no kit on stock wheels. Looks hot. Very sleeperesque.
Based on what's she's asking about doing, I don't think she's after the sleeper look or performance, but who knows. BTW, how many times have I told you, you NEED RIMZ FOR YOUR CAR!!!!?

SteveDX89
02-24-2005, 08:28 AM
Based on what's she's asking about doing, I don't think she's after the sleeper look or performance, but who knows. BTW, how many times have I told you, you NEED RIMZ FOR YOUR CAR!!!!?

You should buy them for me then. :cool: I know somewhere where I can get a set of 16" Konig Elans for free.

HostileJava
02-24-2005, 08:30 AM
You should buy them for me then. :cool: I know somewhere where I can get a set of 16" Konig Elans for free.

Only if you're willing to break into a garage :p, While your at it, might as well pick up the SS Brake lines, the nitrous, and the leather interior :p

88accordhb
02-24-2005, 09:07 AM
congratz, youre on your way to rice country. just lower it, get it cambered and some nice rims and maybe a front lip. no kit. paint the tails. iono.

bullard123
02-24-2005, 11:35 AM
congratz, youre on your way to rice country. just lower it, get it cambered and some nice rims and maybe a front lip. no kit. paint the tails. iono.

I say get a body kit. They make our cars look a whole lot better.

MIK3
02-24-2005, 03:05 PM
I say keep her stock...that's just me though ; )

danronian
02-24-2005, 08:20 PM
Since a body kit includes getting a paint job, from the appearance standpoint that would be the most expensive option. I would recommend getting the windows tinted, rims/tires, and then getting it lowered. After that if your just going for appearance and sound, a cheap SR intake (they are alot louder than stock and sound much better than a fart can), and then maybe a muffler if your after that sound, but I would recommend against it just because the sound of a fart can on a stock size pipe just makes me angry to hear.

w00tw00t111
02-24-2005, 08:59 PM
I agree the kit will be the hardest. When I put mine on it was extremely frustrating cut test, cut test. It's still not done you'll have probley get a body shop to fill in some gaps. In regards to wheels then lower it. I would say just the opposite. I would rather be way lower with smaller wheels. So, get it as low as you like then find wheels that will tuck under the fender lips. Other wise if you have to big of wheels you might find that you can't lower it as much as you would like. Just my .02 cents.

Mattphi
02-25-2005, 05:44 AM
You just gotta do one thing at a time. Its not all a 1 time investment in my opinion. Good luck, everyone around here is very helpful. If you have any questions feel free to ask or use the SEARCH feature.

HostileJava
02-25-2005, 06:39 AM
I agree the kit will be the hardest. When I put mine on it was extremely frustrating cut test, cut test. It's still not done you'll have probley get a body shop to fill in some gaps. In regards to wheels then lower it. I would say just the opposite. I would rather be way lower with smaller wheels. So, get it as low as you like then find wheels that will tuck under the fender lips. Other wise if you have to big of wheels you might find that you can't lower it as much as you would like. Just my .02 cents.

You just have to watch your wheel offset and tire size, if your careful with that then you don't have to worry about finding one that will tuck. There is a sticky in the suspsension section that tells you what to look for.

w00tw00t111
02-25-2005, 10:38 PM
You just have to watch your wheel offset and tire size, if your careful with that then you don't have to worry about finding one that will tuck. There is a sticky in the suspsension section that tells you what to look for.
Cool! If only my dad would let me lower it! He's afraid it'll flood when it rains and ruin the car.