PDA

View Full Version : ambers accord raped! :(

bobafett
02-24-2005, 06:01 PM
well some dumbfuck at her work took daddies big truck for a spin, and ended up taking ambers bumper clean off of her hatch. we are supposed to hear from his insurance guy on saturday before 2pm, so we get to run around and get quotes for this.

those of you who have had quotes for new front bumper what kind of numbers can i expect?

ps no one was hurt her car was parked...

:rolleyes: mother fucking idiots.. i swear to god, how tough is it not to hit a fucking parked car!?!?!!?!

newbs

accordlxi2.0
02-24-2005, 07:14 PM
what an ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vanilla Sky
02-24-2005, 07:15 PM
that sucks...

whatever you do, take the money you get and get a junkyard replacement and keep the extra money

my86dx4dr
02-24-2005, 07:19 PM
good luck, happen's to the best of us.

just be glad she had insurance, believe it or not, only 60% of drivers have insurance now-a-days

MIK3
02-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Man, idiots will always be on the road, or in parking lots for that matter. There is no way to avoid them. Hell, at this point...I think it's all luck based...

bl9366
02-25-2005, 01:11 AM
Gotta wonder how much these dumb asses paid for their licenses.

shepherd79
02-25-2005, 05:21 AM
this is what i would do if i was you. get a price from Majestic website. did he riped out just the plastic cover or the whole metal part too?
if he ripped out the metal part, you can cash on this deal.
anyway, get the rpices from a dealer.
when you get money, go to junkyard, get what you need. pay to paint, or better paint yourself. and the money you saved, take her out somewhere (this will insure that she will give you the money that are left for your car). baraming-baramum, you still have money left for your car.

snow_man_20
02-25-2005, 05:38 AM
baraming-baramum, .

did you mean bodabing-bodabam?? :lol: J/K

89accord_lxi_coupe
02-25-2005, 07:33 AM
it's bodabing-bodaboom, actually. how old was the person who hit her car?? whoever they were, if they can't control a large vehicle like that, then they shouldn't be behind the wheel. no matter what you are in, if you hit a parked car, then you need a swift kick in the ass.

nswst8
02-25-2005, 08:27 AM
It is the responsibility of the insurance company to "INDEMNIFY" you after the accident. This in a nut shell means that they are responisible to put you back to the way you were before the accident.

Alot of people don't understand this and accept what the insurance company offers because they need their running transportation.

But the problem with our rides is that they usually try to total out our cars because of their age and not their reliability. My position is that it would take no less than $5000 to replace my car with a car as reliable as the 3rd generation accord.

NXRacer
02-25-2005, 08:57 AM
chris, talk to wayne. they can get replacement bumpers pretty cheap. Lemme look for you also. I picked up a new bumper cover for my coupe a while ago and it was only like 45 bucks.

do you need the bumper cover or the bumper support too?

bobafett
02-25-2005, 06:19 PM
i think we just need bumper cover, wayne is already on it