PDA

View Full Version : was this a good i dea A20A1???

HondaManDan
08-04-2002, 07:20 AM
Im new to this car stuff so you wanna tell me if i dun good here??

Tune ups are excelent :)... i got new plugs .044 gap.. NGK stock plugs... new wires i forgot what kind... theyre blue and theyre fiberglass insulated silicon wires... (30 bucks)... and a new distributor cap and rotor... now while changing all of this i noticed that my distributor never had a seal on the bottom when i took it off... nor did my new one.. is this ok? i heard that there was supposed to be a gasket or seal at the bottom of the cap... well it's on there now w/o one and it runs great... (like a new car)

also my flex pipe rotted off... so instead of spending 90 bucks on a new front pipe i spent about 50 bucks (with shipping) on a JCWhitney stainless flex pipe.. took the exaust system off and chopped off the old pipe.. then welded it onto my front pipe... then i took some random fittings... (cant remember the mesurements) they were all around 2 inches.. and welded those to the cat... then slid the system back togehter and clamped it... i noticed that the new flexpipe had to be around 3 inches around on the inside and it had 2 1/4 id on either end.. so it fit fine... but i was wondering if this would affect anything because of the double layered front pipe.. the id of the actual exhaust pipe is only about 1.75 inches id.... so yeah.. it works fine... that's all that matters to me.

and as for that radiator thing...well... turns out it wasnt my radiator hose... it was infact my heater hose... the feed heater hose... yeah both of the feed and return lines were stock...
here's what i did... tell me if i did good ok? lol

1. removed both return and feed heater hoses from the engine and the fire wall...
2. replaced the 3 hoses... one from the front of the engine to the heater valve... one between the heater valve and the firewall.. and the return line. (pain in the ass by the way)
3. removed radiator cap and drained my radiator... (what was left in it was brown)
4. flushed the system out with water.. filled up the radiator and let it run for a while... then shut it off and drained it again..
5. flushed out radiator alone (till clear)
6. put in between 50 and 60% AVT radiator fluid.... filled the rest with water...
7. ran it to normal operating temperature.
8. then added water to fill all the way.

ran it for a couple of days now and the car stays cool.... runs better too... no leakes in the hoses and the heater blows EXTREEMLY hot air.. but then again it's been in the 90's all week.. so yeah.. lemme know how i did. thanks.

pimp86LX
08-04-2002, 10:30 AM
it runs? no fires? air/fuel is not lean

:flipa: :flipa:

good job

A20A1
08-04-2002, 09:01 PM
Yup, sounds good...
:D