PDA

View Full Version : Tuboin my baby

2ƒastƒoY'all6969
02-25-2005, 10:53 PM
Yo guys, I'm doin it, I'm gonna force f*&^ckin induct my 3gEe. The question now is what to go with. See my friend has a tUrBo mark 4 supra that runs with almost 20 pOunDs that i realy wanna beat, and another friend has a wrx that i also wanna shut up. I figure that if I can squeeze about 300 HorSe ouT I could hand both their a$$es to ThEm.

See I was thinkin i'd go with a t66 even though I think i'd rather have the t88 for more potential once i round up enough ca$h to build the motor up and handle the proper amount of boost to have a kicka$$ turbo 3gee sleeper that could take ANYBODY. Anyway I was just wondering what you guys thought, and if anyone has done a sweet a$$ uPgRade like this one.

AccordEpicenter
02-25-2005, 11:02 PM
LMAO... dude you need to search and do alot of research

mykwikcoupe
02-25-2005, 11:22 PM
theres no way a 2liter enginew could spool a t66 or t88. Go with a rebiult bottom end, forged pistons tops, lightned flywheel and a T3 super 60. Id say to see something in the 300+ plan on 4gs to do it right. Even at 300 hp those other 2 cars would still walk you. Or if i was driviing them they would.

Im gpooing to be running a gt28rs dual stage boost controler and Im plumbing up a extra 100 shot of laughing gas. Not aying Im going to use it but its going to be there. NHRA rules say you have to run a 11.70 or higher without cage and theres no way Im caging the girl so my goal is an easy 11 so Im not pushing her every time. Of course Like rob Ivew got over 10gs in it so far and unlike rob am still buying and biulding. Man these swaps are costly to do like this

88accordhb
02-25-2005, 11:43 PM
LMAO... dude you need to search and do alot of research

cdscowboy
02-26-2005, 01:54 AM
Tell me this kid is joking.

my86dx4dr
02-26-2005, 03:54 AM
Yo guys, I'm doin it, I'm gonna force f*&^ckin induct my 3gEe. The question now is what to go with. See my friend has a tUrBo mark 4 supra that runs with almost 20 pOunDs that i realy wanna beat, and another friend has a wrx that i also wanna shut up. I figure that if I can squeeze about 300 HorSe ouT I could hand both their a$$es to ThEm.

See I was thinkin i'd go with a t66 even though I think i'd rather have the t88 for more potential once i round up enough ca$h to build the motor up and handle the proper amount of boost to have a kicka$$ turbo 3gee sleeper that could take ANYBODY. Anyway I was just wondering what you guys thought, and if anyone has done a sweet a$$ uPgRade like this one.
theres a new guy here that is doing an h22 swap, he'l be lucky to make 220-250hp all motor after he builds it, if it were that easy to just throw on a t88 and make 300hp off the stock a20, there wouldnt be any bad thangs to say about the 3rd gen!

but seriously, Your going to need alot of knowledge, and im not saying your stupid, as we all want 300hp behind the ol'flipups, but anybody that knows half assed what theyre doing knows that 300hp in a 3g takes lots LOTS of custom work, and custom work is money, and lots of it to boot!

So seriously, your better off with a 4th gen, turbo an h22, and daily drive the olds 98hp beast you own now.

my86dx4dr
02-26-2005, 03:55 AM
edit, GOD damn my cable is slow tonight :pc:

88LXi68
02-26-2005, 06:55 AM
yo yo $$bling$$ tuboin my baby!! Learn how to spell and stop typing LiKe ThIs

thegreatdane
02-26-2005, 07:33 AM
Funny shit :rofl:

hondamotorz
02-26-2005, 07:45 AM
theres no point in turboing a 3g there not good for speed thats why im going for a daily driver with the money you do for mods and that turbo kit you can buy a friggen 1g awd turbo dsm

hondamotorz
02-26-2005, 07:46 AM
:lock: :lock: :lock:

AccordEpicenter
02-26-2005, 10:01 AM
you could take down a wrx with probaby 12psi and a good launch on a conservative tune... that should murder him. A T66 is huge... to make 300whp you might be able to do that on a T3 60 trim or maybe S60 or small T3/T4. IF you turbo a 3g its pretty cost effective performance wise but the big thing is nobody makes a turbo manifold for this car, youll have to make it yourself or have one made.

MIK3
02-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like more and more people turn to just and only turboeing their vehicles to quench their thirst for power? Ok, it's one of the more effective methods of increasing the amount of horsepower you have, but c'mon man. I don't know...do research, and tons of it. Mess this up, and it might be the end of your 3gee.

Justin86
02-27-2005, 08:17 AM
well hp wise you can compete with them, but traction wise they have you beat. Ok so the supra pumps out 20lbs of boost, but how fast is it, same with the WRX? Hp does mean shyt your 1/4 times do. You can have a 500hp accord and only run 13's with it........
So tell us how fast you wanna go, we can point you in the right direction, then hope you can drive it to that desired point.

Elijah
02-27-2005, 12:08 PM
I think alot of research will help you out here. Mabey if you search for a month or so and learn about the car you would be better off. There are a few of use that are already turbo here and have some experience with the car. Your friend with the supra has a V6 thats where you get the idea of a t66 and t88. This car is a totaly different car. All the power to you just do some searching first Im going for a minimum of 350whp now but Im already turbo and did research for 2 years before takeing the plunge.

Good luck and feel free to ask questions and dont forget about the search function.

BMS
02-27-2005, 12:17 PM
I wonder if this thread was even a serious inquiry

Ace
02-27-2005, 12:35 PM
Dude dont get me wrong i love my 3 gee and will drive it till its dead in the ground and even then I dont think Id leave it but do some research I want to turbo eventually but for now learn the basics whats realistic and whats not Has much has people bash the search button and believe me it pisses me off but hey there is so much knowledge on this website that you could learn about i search on a average of 10-15 times a day not lieing so yo do some resarch man and good luck with whatever you decide to do

BMS
02-27-2005, 02:37 PM
you didn't use one single period

Ace
02-27-2005, 02:51 PM
:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

2ƒastƒoY'all6969
02-28-2005, 09:25 PM
Do you guyz really think it can't be done, I really want a t 66 cause they're badass. I mean my cousin is gonna help me out with it, and he REALLY knows cars. He has a supra that does sub 13's, and kicks whoever's asss he's racing. One time he like blew a headgasket or something at a race i know cause i saw white smoke going out of his exauhst pipe, and he took it aside, and like half an hour later he was back racing. He's really good and if anyone could do it he could.

AccordEpicenter
02-28-2005, 09:29 PM
you could use a T66 but youd better be putting out like 600hp to use that turbo effectively. A smaller turbo would be faster and cheaper on an accord. If you guys think that a DSM is a good choice to go fast with, dont forget that DSM stands for Down Several Months... i know a few dsm owners and all have had more than their fair share of issues/broken parts

my86dx4dr
02-28-2005, 09:54 PM
t-66 will not spool on a stock 4cyl

Nor will it spool on a highly modd'd block.

you might as well custom fab a b18c into your hatch, then turbo it with something smaller, Maybe a t4 at largest.

Elijah
02-28-2005, 11:08 PM
Do you guyz really think it can't be done, I really want a t 66 cause they're badass. I mean my cousin is gonna help me out with it, and he REALLY knows cars. He has a supra that does sub 13's, and kicks whoever's asss he's racing. One time he like blew a headgasket or something at a race i know cause i saw white smoke going out of his exauhst pipe, and he took it aside, and like half an hour later he was back racing. He's really good and if anyone could do it he could.

Honestly it doesnt matter who does the work a t66 will not spool for you or me. You only have 2.0litres 4 cylinders vs 6 cylinders 3.0litres+ on a car that may use a t66. You need nothing bigger then a t4