PDA

View Full Version : car wont start!!! help!!

gsus
02-26-2005, 10:36 AM
the car was running fine last night (although i still had some issues from what i posted in the last thread i made), and now this morning my dad gets up to use the car.... but it doesnt start on him. so i go downstairs try to turn on the car & no go! :( all the idiot light turn on like they usually do but the engine doesnt do a thing (not even a click or anything!). (and that seatbelt chime was pissing me off!! :mad: )

what could it be? i need this car to be running ASAP.

danronian
02-26-2005, 10:44 AM
That chime only goes off when they lights are on (were they on all night possibly), probably a dead battery. Try jumping it to see if it starts, or just charge the battery up, if they battery is charged it could be the starter, main relay, possibly bad battery connections, or ignition switch.

gsus
02-26-2005, 10:50 AM
is there a way to test the starter? i tried looking in that online manual. but had no luck finding anything on the starter

AccordNut
02-26-2005, 11:19 AM
keep it simple, clean off your battery connections and tighten your leads down if need be(there shouldnt be any movement on your leads when you shake them). Then look to see if the wires running to your starter are connected and clean. my car wouldnt start sometime b/c of a loose wire on my starter. if this doesnt work try jumping it off, make sure your battery cells have water in them. If that fails then you have problem

gsus
02-26-2005, 12:19 PM
thanx guys,

AccordNut - you're right the wire was loose from the starter... it starts :) and the batter terminal were on there tight.
thanks again,
gsus

89HondaAccord
02-26-2005, 03:24 PM
yep.....K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) thats what i learned in my Auto class @ school