PDA

View Full Version : Whistling

Shifty
02-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Hey there guys, jus wondering if u can help me pin point my problem. My car is making a loud whistling noise when i accelerate to about 40 maybe 60kmph. I just got a wheel alignment done and the dude that did it apparently tinkered with one of my ball joints as well. I was jus wondering if they could have probably stuffed up my car or if its a different cause and what the heck that noise is. Sounds like my car is a kettle n its about to blow :P

'89AccordLX(Rus)
02-26-2005, 08:40 PM
It may be a wheel bearing making the noise. Usually, any noise from the wheel bearings is accompanied by excessive heat. After driving, touch each wheel and see if any one is significantly hotter than the others around the center (fronts will be way hotter than rears because of the disk brakes) If one wheel is much hotter, chances are the wheel bearing is going. My money is on one of the bearings. Hope this helps.

Shifty
02-26-2005, 10:05 PM
mmm... theres a small whistling noise coming from my wheels, which i already recognize when im driving normally... but this other sound is alot louder n more 'bubbly'

'89AccordLX(Rus)
02-26-2005, 10:22 PM
Maybe a loose belt or an exhaust leak? Those won't change with speed though, just engine RPM. Something related to your speedometer cable may cause the noise since it turns in relation to the transmission output. Other than that, I can't think of anything, except maybe an internal transmission bearing that may be going.

Shifty
02-26-2005, 10:25 PM
mehh... i'll jus wait for it to stuff up ... hate that freaking accord, piece of shit man. I just spent like 200+ dollars getting things fixed n for it to keep stuffing up is a pain in the ass !. I might as well take it back to the ppl who did my wheel alignment n complain that they wrecked it >:|

NXRacer
02-27-2005, 12:49 AM
do you have a cold air intake?? cause mine whistles like crazy because the throttle body is dirty.

Shifty
02-27-2005, 01:09 AM
Ummmm... i honestly dont know... i havent made any mods since i got my accord n have no clue if the previous owner has done anything to it. Dont know what its meant to look like. Gosh i hate sounding so stupid.

87accordlxph
02-27-2005, 02:49 PM
Hmmm, just a thought or two.

Did you check the level of fluid in your tranny?

Maybe your alternator is going out on ya.

Shifty
02-27-2005, 07:39 PM
i got that changed when i got my lower ball joint replaced about a week or two ago. So that should be fine.

Shifty
02-27-2005, 08:45 PM
Okey dokey boys !... i jus took my baby to the place that did the wheel alignment n the disgusting old man that looked at my car said it would be a an exhaust problem... filter or gasket, but its something to do with air. I called up my favourite mechanic n im gonna take it in tomorrow morning for a quote n see what it is :D. Hope its jus something small... like a loose bolt.

87accordlxph
02-28-2005, 02:36 PM
Okey dokey boys !... i jus took my baby to the place that did the wheel alignment n the disgusting old man that looked at my car said it would be a an exhaust problem... filter or gasket, but its something to do with air. I called up my favourite mechanic n im gonna take it in tomorrow morning for a quote n see what it is :D. Hope its jus something small... like a loose bolt.

Exhaust? :ugh:

Makes a whistling noise? If it was loose then it would rattle would it not?

Does the car backfire when you just gas it?

Hmmm, I dunno?

-Mike from P-Town!

Shifty
02-28-2005, 02:44 PM
ur expression fills me with confidence -_^

Anyway i just took it to the mechanic and they said it was two gaskets. Exhaust manifold one and.. some other one i cant remember its name. Think he said Flan or Fan... seemed weird but yea. About 30 bucks for the gaskets and bolts that im missing n another 80 or something dollars for an hours labour. Damn gaskets, its always something with the accord !

87accordlxph
02-28-2005, 04:08 PM
;)

Shifty: Glad to hear that you got it all fixed now.

The Accord isn't all that bad dude, just take good care of it and in return it will do the

same for you!

-Mike from P-town!

Shifty
02-28-2005, 04:11 PM
hah, not a dude :P ... Well i got my car from an auction and the original owner didnt care for it at all. I think the car itself actually got repossesed becoz whoever had it poured gravel into the engine block :o. We had it reconditioned but everything around the motor is failing now. Its a pretty old car and old cars will always stuff up. To think its 2 months older than me too :x

87accordlxph
02-28-2005, 04:32 PM
hah, not a dude :P ... Well i got my car from an auction and the original owner didnt care for it at all. I think the car itself actually got repossesed becoz whoever had it poured gravel into the engine block :o. We had it reconditioned but everything around the motor is failing now. Its a pretty old car and old cars will always stuff up. To think its 2 months older than me too :x

:kekeke:

:omg: I appolgise! Not too many chicks on this board. Nice to see another

one on the board who really cares about cars specially the 3gee.

Sorry to hear that the previous owner practically killed the motor by putting

solids in it. What a S%$# head eh? Why would somebody do this to a good

car? Best advice to give you about this is to flush the motor out many times

and change oil filters. Hopefully this might help, if not just by chance the

A20A may survive, it's got a strong cast iron block and is hard to destroy

unless you crash it, but don't do that cause your probably mad enough as

it is.

Anyway, I practically killed this thread. :)

Good luck with the car.

-Mike from Canada! EH?

nskforlife
07-14-2006, 04:01 PM
maybe your having the same problem this guys having...

http://videos.streetfire.net/hottestvideos/0/B20096EC-0F2C-4F99-9227-80934FB999C2.htm

check it out and see...

A18A
07-14-2006, 07:11 PM
u bought back a thread over a year old lol, and that video is just such a crack up lol, i wanna do dat :D

nskforlife
07-17-2006, 03:08 PM
u bought back a thread over a year old lol, and that video is just such a crack up lol, i wanna do dat :D

lol me too, i tried to do it the night i saw it, but WAL-MART doesn't sell the "whizzers" as they call them, i'll have to go to a party place to get them. get metal ones tho, they'll probably last longer.

get it going and well start a whizzer crew. lol