PDA

View Full Version : Crappy weekend for my car

Underdog
02-26-2005, 08:46 PM
Well, this weekend has not been good to me at all. Friday night I got pulled over going 45 in a 35 completely on accident. I was going the speed limit and was changing the CD track and sped up, I noticed and slowed back down, and then a cop pulled me over further down the road. He was pretty much an ass and I knew as soon as he came up to my window I wasn't going to be getting a warning. (3gn86lxi, this time it was a Port Orchard Police, I wish it would've been a Kitsap County Sherriff) So, there goes $108 that I was saving to fix my fender. Then today I was driving through town to drop off a couple friends at home. Was going about 50mph, when all of a sudden there is a REALLY loud CLUNK followed by massive sparks from the left front. The car just went crazy and I was all over the steering wheel trying to keep it in my lane since there was an SUV coming up the other direction. I somehow managed to get it pulled off the road and opened the door and saw my wheel jammed up into the fender turned almost 90 degrees to the left. The guy in the SUV stopped and made sure I had a cell phone and stuff, and I made some calls, and a Sheriff stopped too and made sure everything was fine. Called my parents, they called AAA (thank God for AAA), and the tow truck guy came. My lower control arm snapped off and the axle is pulled almost all the way out. Who knows what else got f'd up. The tow truck guy said I was lucky because he said that usually when that happens the whole suspension setup is ripped out. All I can say is that I'm glad I was able to keep the car under control because I had 3 friends with me and it would not have been good if I had hit that SUV. But yeah, it pretty much sucks and I'm pretty depressed now, especially over the fact that my friends could have been hurt even though it wasn't my fault. :sad2:

AccordEpicenter
02-26-2005, 08:50 PM
sounds like you fucked up a lower ball joint?

Underdog
02-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Possibly, I dunno much about the suspension workings of the car. I guess I'll find out on Monday after the shop looks at it how bad it's going to be.

3gn86lxi
02-26-2005, 09:03 PM
Its a good thing you and your friends are o.k. That could have been a REALLY shitty situation. A car is just that, a car. Your life is worth much more. Sucks bout the ticket, but glad that you are o.k.

cubert
02-26-2005, 09:03 PM
i know youre probably gonna hear this a million times...but its good that you or anyone else didnt get hurt...but it does suck about the car...and cops are asses

keruhas184
02-26-2005, 09:08 PM
Dude, see what the shop says it needs, and then try to get the parts on ebay, or at local auto store and change it yourself. That way you'll save a bundle on parts and labor.

leia
02-26-2005, 09:09 PM
Wow that must have been scary!

You are lucky though, at least you kept some control and didn't kill any people or the 3g :)
It also sounds like the damage could have been much worse (not that I know much about the suspension and whatnot either). At least you didn't smash into a pole or something and need to fix something from an impact as well.

Sorry for your misfortune, hopefully the car will have a good weekend next time

Underdog
02-26-2005, 09:14 PM
I probably will just have the shop do it, because my parents said that they would take care of it, and I really don't want to be messing with the car right now, and don't really have the time to do it now either.

And yeah, I'm REALLY happy that no one got hurt.

accordlxi2.0
02-26-2005, 10:26 PM
damn feel sorry for ya...but glad your okay!

Underdog
03-05-2005, 07:22 PM
Well I got my car back yesterday! The lower ball joint had broken. The cv joint/axle also had to be replaced because it was damaged when the axle got pulled out. It wasn't nearly as bad as we thought it was going to be, it's just nice to have my car back so quickly!

2drSE-i
03-06-2005, 12:25 PM
lucky you!

and feel lucky, the smallest ticket here is 168 dollars.........smallest

MIK3
03-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Man, that must have been some scary stuff. Glad to see the 3gee is back on the road and everyone is alright.

bobafett
03-06-2005, 08:27 PM
well im glad that your car is doing ok now, and most importantly im glad that nobody was hurt, and im impressed that you cared more about your friends, and their safety than your car! thats a good thing!