PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Hood

89HondaAccord
02-28-2005, 10:45 PM
ok im having a problem here. I have a 1986 Honda Accord LXi and i jus found out today that i have a leak from my hood. What should i do? im really lost.

AZmike
03-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Is the hood leaking or is the engine leaking? Describe the fluid.

89HondaAccord
03-01-2005, 01:27 PM
im talkin about the roof hood is leaking..i think its from the sun roof..What should i use for it to stop?

bobafett
03-01-2005, 01:42 PM
i have a 1/8" gap all around between my fenders and hood, its rough, but i have been able to deal with it so far....

are you leaking thru your HEAD?

danronian
03-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Oh, what I think you mean is that when your in the car it is leaking on you, and if you have the factory electric moonroof then it is easy to fix the prob. First open the glass up and look in the channel to make sure there is nothing to clog the front and rear drain holes. Next pull out the trunk plastic inside the trunk and the two drains are on the insides of the 1/4 panels (a little below the fuel-filler height) Pull them out and there will; probably be about 3 inches of junk blockking them up. Use a wire to get it all out and put them back where you found them and put the trunk back together. THe front holes drain to the back of the front wheels around where the mudflap attaches. Try to make sure you get all of the junk collected in the drain hole cleared out. TO help with this I blew compressed air down from the top through the holes. When I bought the car after it rained I had about a gallon of water on the front seats when I pulled out of my driveway but now it is 100% leak free (been that way fro 2 years now). But your roof can also leak from your windshield which is probably caused by that same decomposed junk in the window channel that probably rusted hole(s) through your car. THat or the windshield was not sealed properly, but don't worry about the windshield first b/c it is much more likely it is the moonroof b/c almost everyone with one has had the drains clog at least once.

HostileJava
03-01-2005, 02:13 PM
i have a 1/8" gap all around between my fenders and hood, its rough, but i have been able to deal with it so far....

are you leaking thru your HEAD?

Haha, I think the gap between my rear tires and fenders is worse. I get water on my brakes all the time. :(

89HondaAccord
03-02-2005, 04:18 AM
what kind of stuff do i need to seal the sun roof from leaking again?

snow_man_20
03-02-2005, 04:30 AM
what kind of stuff do i need to seal the sun roof from leaking again?

ummmm i think you need to try and read the last few posts again.

shepherd79
03-02-2005, 04:37 AM
guys, he is talking about his sunroof leaking.
first, you should always go to FAQ or HOW TO and see if we have the answer.
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=71 that is your answer.
it is very easy to clean them.