PDA

View Full Version : a/c removal question

AccordNut
03-01-2005, 09:01 AM
may be a dumb question, but is there a way to remove the a/c or maybe some of it but still have the heater work? seeing as my a/c quit working a few years ago and i dont need it, just roll the windows down :)

SteveDX89
03-01-2005, 09:09 AM
The heater and A/C are 2 different systems.

AccordNut
03-01-2005, 09:30 AM
so its possible to remove all the a/c components and my heater will still work? im also looking to take out the windshield washer assembly

SteveDX89
03-01-2005, 10:05 AM
Yes. My heats works. Not to well cause I didn't pay particular attention putting it all back together.

Immeraufdemhund
03-01-2005, 07:44 PM
oh yah. I have done it about 4 times now. When it comes to your heating system there are 4 compenents that work in the cabin. You first have your blower moter. Next is your A/C radiator, then next is your heating core, then last is your air duct selector thingy. You can take off your Compressor, all the lines, and the front radiator for the ac without it affecting your heat. Though your water radiator will get more air and cool it better i didnt' notice any difference in heat. (and that's coming from way up here in the frozen antartic MN) To get all the parts of the ac off the car you'll have to take off your bumper.

Why dont you want your washer assembly? There were few occasions that i had to use it in TN and it was nice that i had it. Plus it doesn't really mess with anything with it on.

Low Tek
03-01-2005, 08:47 PM
the a/c removal is simple... but then I had the motor out when I did mine.. it does not do anything to the heater.. my heater works more then good.. almost never have it on

smufguy
03-02-2005, 12:05 AM
tools u need, 10mm, 12mm and 14mm sockets, breakerbar, 17mm and 19mm wrenches to remove the fittings on the exchanger near firewall.

Removing the ac is rather easy, also while at it, remove the condensor up front too, and the dryer too.

PS: if i was you, i would leave the windshield wiper washer system alone. Last thing u wanna do is running to a gas station or using ur paper towel to remove bird shit off ur windshield when its easier to use ur wipers and washer. :idea:

Low Tek
03-02-2005, 01:15 AM
PS: if i was you, i would leave the windshield wiper washer system alone. Last thing u wanna do is running to a gas station or using ur paper towel to remove bird shit off ur windshield when its easier to use ur wipers and washer. :idea:

:idea: :idea: :idea:

AccordNut
03-02-2005, 04:17 AM
well ive never used the washer fluid, anytime i would use it it just smeared the stuff all over and made it worse. i suppose removing it would free up some room to work with...

are there any how to pics for the a/c removal b/c i have no idea whats what under the hood as far as a/c goes

snow_man_20
03-02-2005, 04:40 AM
i don't think it's going to free up a hole lot of room, the window washer fluid system anyway.

shepherd79
03-02-2005, 04:42 AM
well ive never used the washer fluid, anytime i would use it it just smeared the stuff all over and made it worse. i suppose removing it would free up some room to work with...

are there any how to pics for the a/c removal b/c i have no idea whats what under the hood as far as a/c goes

well the problem is that you have shitty wipers. you need to get yourself a set of premium wipers. I have Bosch wipers on my car and I always recomend them to anyone. they are the best wipers outthere. There are silicone ones by PIAA but i haven't tried them.
So go get better wipers and leave the washer fluid tank in place.
you won't lose that much weight anyway.

smufguy
03-02-2005, 07:50 AM

sorry to be the ass as usual, but we are not gonna sit here and feed you everything. http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/shopmanual.html go there, download what you want about ac. They are all jpeg format in a zipfile. Read it, understand it, if it confuses you come and ask the question HERE. dont make any other threads. And we will gladly point u in the right direction. :welcome:

MiKeLx
03-09-2005, 09:17 AM
up here in Quebec....windshield washer is a must...n u refill it almost every time u fill ur car.....winter sucksss

HostileJava
03-09-2005, 09:28 AM
well the problem is that you have shitty wipers. you need to get yourself a set of premium wipers. I have Bosch wipers on my car and I always recomend them to anyone. they are the best wipers outthere. There are silicone ones by PIAA but i haven't tried them.
So go get better wipers and leave the washer fluid tank in place.
you won't lose that much weight anyway.

I second this, you never know when you'll need them, and your crappy blades are to blame not the washer system.

Immeraufdemhund
03-10-2005, 09:18 AM
yah dude you should replace your blades that is your main problem. The washer stuff is hidden by your bumper so removing that would NOT free up any space at all. Plus to completly remove it you have to take off your fender as well (the little water lines)

the ac system is not a big deal. if you know were the compressor is, just follow all the lines and remove untill you get to the firewall. Everything comes off really easy so you have to fight it chances are you missed a bolt. try that.