PDA

View Full Version : I got my 3GEE

Legend_master
03-01-2005, 09:28 PM
Well after 8 hours of diving I got my Hatch, Link to the car I bought (http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=41944) It's in pretty good condition and I am very happy with the purchase.

Ok now for the dirty work, instead of making a new thread I decided to just ask in this one.

My Pgm-Fi light comes on after about 1min of driving and if the car is not floored then it dies after it has been started. My diegnosis is that the fuel pump is going out, but I do not know for sure. The Fuel Pressure Regulator has been replaced and the problem still continues.

Second The brakes are extremely spongy (like the don't start working untill the pedal is half way pushed down). The calipers and brake booster are both new so I am thinking they did not bleed the brake system.

and third the clutch is an ACT, it feels nice but everytime I push it in there is kinda grinding or something comeing from the pedal. I know that the clutch in this car is cable, so I am thinking that the problem comes from this. I have only worked on hydrolic clutches so I am not to sure about this one.

Overall I am very happy with what I got and would like to thank od2681 for being so easy to work with. Also I would like to know any info that you guys could help me with. Any info can really help so thanks in advance.

P.S. I have a set of dropzone springs (not coilovers) and was wodnering if the are stiffer and lower than the sportline springs that are already on the car.

acco-R-d
03-01-2005, 09:39 PM
thats good news

smufguy
03-02-2005, 12:02 AM
hey man, good to hear you got the car. hope it does you good.

For ur pgfm light, check the code and see what it is. pumps rarely go out on cars, so it could be something else. As for brakes, bleeding them like u said will help. As for the springs, i am not sure what is stiffer, never seen sportline on our 3gs and if any i would say that dropzones are stiffer, but if the car is running tokikos, run it with a soft spring. also, i checked the faq for the spring rates, and it does not have dropzone coils or sportlines. :dunno:

88accordhb
03-02-2005, 12:06 AM
congrats man, now your dream can start.

88Accord-DX
03-02-2005, 12:59 AM
Good deal.

The brakes probably need bled. The clutch needs adjusted on the cable. There is a way to tighten it up. I pretty sure it is where the cable goes into the fork linkage. (by the tranny) Been a while since I replaced my clutch. Might be your pressure plate is going out. Good luck with it.

That guy that ripped you off needs to be :banned: & :gun: in the head, cause your not the only one.

Legend_master
03-02-2005, 06:36 AM
Good deal.
That guy that ripped you off needs to be :banned: & :gun: in the head, cause your not the only one.

I think he has already been banned, before I bought the parts. I dont think he is a bad dude I just think he needs to get his $hit strate. Thanks for looking out though. As for checking the code I will search on how to do that, but i bet it is similar to my Legend. On the clutch cable, it seems simple enough to fix, so I will get on that tommarow. I plan on starting my swap as soon as possible, but I have to collect all the parts so that I don't end up with a whole lot of down time. I am set back a bit with finding some of the parts, but hopefully I can locate them soon. Thanks for all the replies and I will post up pictures when the sun comes out.

accordlxi2.0
03-02-2005, 07:25 AM
thats great...how much did you pay...if ya don't mind me asking?

od2681
03-02-2005, 08:20 AM
I think he has already been banned, before I bought the parts. I dont think he is a bad dude I just think he needs to get his $hit strate. Thanks for looking out though. As for checking the code I will search on how to do that, but i bet it is similar to my Legend. On the clutch cable, it seems simple enough to fix, so I will get on that tommarow. I plan on starting my swap as soon as possible, but I have to collect all the parts so that I don't end up with a whole lot of down time. I am set back a bit with finding some of the parts, but hopefully I can locate them soon. Thanks for all the replies and I will post up pictures when the sun comes out.
hey are you all talkin bout me...who did i rip off :dunno:

RobT5580
03-02-2005, 08:26 AM
No he is talking about Mike in NYC because he didnt give him the shift linkage.....

od2681
03-02-2005, 08:34 AM
oh ok....thats good...
anyway hope you have fun workin on it with ur project stuff...damnit sorry i didnt know bout the fuel pump...one of my mechs told me to change the fuel pressure regulator that it might help...i chnaged it...but i guess it didnt help....i have the old one in the trunk of the car...its ina smal box..i duno you can probably get ur money or somethin out of it if oriely's takes it without a receipt...about hte shifter...hmm this is the first time iver heard bout it so i dont know what that is....
oh yeah we ddint get around to bleeding the break system..it was getting late at night so we were like we'd do it later...never got around to it
pgmfi system trhows a code for EGR, well atleast the last time i checked...i changed it but i never reset the ECU
i hope this helps

Legend_master
03-02-2005, 11:16 AM
thats great...how much did you pay...if ya don't mind me asking?

I paid $850.00 witch was a great price for what I got. Another thing that is kinds weird about the car is that, when I turn it off and then back on it resets everything. as if I was pulling the battery lead then putting back on everytime. This might have something to do with the startup problem, but I :dunno: . So any help would be appreciated and sorry od2681 for the confusion about getting ripped off.

blazin3gen
03-02-2005, 11:29 AM
wow im glad u bought it bro! pics asap! lol i wanna see damn i want a hatch real badly

SQ is the SQUAD
03-02-2005, 12:58 PM
like i always say hatch > all

acco-R-d
03-02-2005, 03:41 PM
is that a picture of u in your avatar hondavtec?

od2681
03-02-2005, 03:55 PM
oh that resetting thing happend when i installed the pioneer casette player....for some reason it resets all the stations...duno

SQ is the SQUAD
03-02-2005, 03:57 PM
oh that resetting thing happend when i installed the pioneer casette player....for some reason it resets all the stations...duno
you prob have the yellow and red wires form the raido backwards

Legend_master
03-02-2005, 04:55 PM

Nope it's not just the radio, because the car clock resets to. On a side note I put my cd player in and now the radio, cigarette lighter and clock dont work at all. I think it is a fuse, but the radio fuse is just fine so :dunno: . Hopefully it stops raining tommarow and and I can put some TLC into it.

P.S. I can't get the hood to open. It's like the line running from the mechanism to the handle is streched or something.

od2681
03-02-2005, 04:58 PM
oh yteah..you gota pull on the cable..like the inside mechanism...is sorta weird..so you gota pull on thge cable..its right there behind the plastic thing..itll open fine

Mac
03-02-2005, 05:01 PM
Check fuse # 11 (I think) in the under the hood fuse relay panel. It's a 10 amp fuse and I think it is labeled ECU.

Legend_master
03-02-2005, 06:55 PM
Check fuse # 11 (I think) in the under the hood fuse relay panel. It's a 10 amp fuse and I think it is labeled ECU.

What is that for? I checked the ECU and it is reading a code 12. I will try the carb cleaner in the Vacume hose and I will pull the EGR unit and clean it tommarow.

Mac
03-02-2005, 07:08 PM
What is that for? I checked the ECU and it is reading a code 12.

It is constant battery voltage for radio, clock and ECU memory.

Legend_master
03-02-2005, 09:03 PM
It is constant battery voltage for radio, clock and ECU memory.

OOOOO :uh: , thank you very much that will help. I will check on it tommarow.

RobT5580
03-03-2005, 05:37 AM
I wouldnt think that would be a problem because the ecu has a secondary power source in case the main fails.

Legend_master
03-03-2005, 06:46 AM
Here are the pictures

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/side.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/side2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/rear.jpg

od2681
03-03-2005, 09:12 AM
god man your makin me cry here

thegreatdane
03-03-2005, 09:52 AM
The brakes: Your rubber brake lines might be bad. Check them for cracks and bulges. You dont want your brake lines to explode trust me.

Clutch, is it a grinding noise coming from the engine/tranny or from the cabin?

Legend_master
03-03-2005, 10:31 AM
The brakes: Your rubber brake lines might be bad. Check them for cracks and bulges. You dont want your brake lines to explode trust me.

Clutch, is it a grinding noise coming from the engine/tranny or from the cabin?

Yea I had a brake line bust on my Legend this = No fun. On the clutch thing, it is coming from the pedal or very near to the pedal. I am going to grease it up and see what happens.

od2681 I know it's hard to give up something you love, but just wait till you see what it becomes.

od2681
03-03-2005, 10:58 AM
man i was just glad to sell it to a 3geez member..cuzz we know how it is..Hook that car up real nice....haha

Legend_master
03-03-2005, 11:12 AM
man i was just glad to sell it to a 3geez member..cuzz we know how it is..Hook that car up real nice....haha

Well I replaced the ECU, CLock, and radio fuse and that problem with the radio and clock went away. I also put some carb cleaner in the EGR valve, but I havent had a chance to drive it around to see if the PGM - FI light turns off.

SQ is the SQUAD
03-03-2005, 11:16 AM
the hatch is looking nice

Cheeseburger
03-03-2005, 11:18 AM
nice man good to here that you bought it from a member

Legend_master
03-03-2005, 11:21 AM
nice man good to here that you bought it from a member

Gota keep it in the family :rockon: .

Vanilla Sky
03-03-2005, 11:30 AM
i bought a car from a member... turned out to be a lemon...

at least yours is running well from the get-go... i knew mine needed work...

Legend_master
03-03-2005, 04:10 PM
I am having trouble finding anything on the forum on how to remove the front corner light. I have a turn signal out and I can't see any way to remove the light, unless I take out the headlight or something, but that seems like a lot of work to remove a corner light. Any help would be appreciated.

I cleaned up the interior and it turned out great, there is a pretty bad leak that is getting water all over the floor behind the passenger seat (I think it is because that rear passenger window is not sealing) the trunk leaks horribaly also.

Cheeseburger
03-03-2005, 04:26 PM
flip your head lights on like this
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/749000-749999/749694_2_full.jpg
you should be able to see a gap where the head light is and the corner light that where you can see two screws. when removing these scres you should be able to get the corners off, you have to slide them towards you. hopefully you can understand what i am trying to say

acco-R-d
03-03-2005, 04:28 PM
thats my baby, her name is lindsay

Mac
03-03-2005, 06:17 PM
I wouldnt think that would be a problem because the ecu has a secondary power source in case the main fails.

Not true. The fuse he replaced powers the memory circuit for the radio, clock, and ECU. It's not the main power for the ECU.

Ace
03-03-2005, 06:51 PM
Nice Looking hatchie

acco-R-d
03-03-2005, 07:08 PM
not bad

SQ is the SQUAD
03-03-2005, 07:43 PM
damn, that got a million miles too, my bmw has 234,xxx

cubert
03-03-2005, 08:56 PM
im jealous...i need a winter beater 3g...

Vanilla Sky
03-03-2005, 11:16 PM
nice looking... i wish my car were an LXi and a 5 speed... oh well, i can just drool at the LXi 5speed guys until i get my swaps complete

Legend_master
03-03-2005, 11:50 PM
nice looking... i wish my car were an LXi and a 5 speed... oh well, i can just drool at the LXi 5speed guys until i get my swaps complete

I was very supprised to get the LXI, I was not sure I was going to find one.

88Accord-DX
03-04-2005, 12:17 PM
I think he has already been banned, before I bought the parts. I dont think he is a bad dude I just think he needs to get his $hit strate. Thanks for looking out though.
Well, he isn't banned & yes I agree with "get his shit together". Something didn't seem right with how that played out. I don't think he needs shot in the head either. I was being little over sarcastic with the smileys. It just eats me up when people don't do the right thing & take advantage of newbies. (what it looks like to me when it happened).

Anyway, some people lack integrity, respect & morals. I've seen other people get shafted on here too. I hope you didn't loose to much money, at least he sent some of what you paid for. No problem, good luck doing the motor.

Legend_master
03-04-2005, 02:23 PM
Well, he isn't banned & yes I agree with "get his shit together". Something didn't seem right with how that played out. I don't think he needs shot in the head either. I was being little over sarcastic with the smileys. It just eats me up when people don't do the right thing & take advantage of newbies. (what it looks like to me when it happened).

Anyway, some people lack integrity, respect & morals. I've seen other people get shafted on here too. I hope you didn't loose to much money, at least he sent some of what you paid for. No problem, good luck doing the motor.

I think he will get what he deserve, sometime in life and I will have to figure out something for the shift linkage. On a happier note, my friend let me try out his slipstreams onmy car to see what they llok like and this is what I came up with. It definitaly needs to be lowered more, but besides that it's pretty clean.

Legend_master
03-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Now the car wont start, and I know it has something to do with the Fuel system. I am going to have to replace the fuel filter, pump and I need to knwo where the fuel relay is located.

thegreatdane
03-08-2005, 09:56 AM
The fuelpump relay/mainrelay is located above the fusebox in the dash bolted to the A pillar. If you remove the cointray/fusecover you can see it if you look up. It's black with an orange bottom where the plug is plugged in. Remove the 2 nuts holding the fusebox (10mm socket) so you can push that a little to the side and you should be able to remove it. But your hands will recieve som beatings while removing it.

Did you try taking off the fuel hose at the fuel rail, and check if fuel is flowing?

Legend_master
03-08-2005, 10:53 AM
The fuelpump relay/mainrelay is located above the fusebox in the dash bolted to the A pillar. If you remove the cointray/fusecover you can see it if you look up. It's black with an orange bottom where the plug is plugged in. Remove the 2 nuts holding the fusebox (10mm socket) so you can push that a little to the side and you should be able to remove it. But your hands will recieve som beatings while removing it.

Did you try taking off the fuel hose at the fuel rail, and check if fuel is flowing?

Well I went to change out the Fuel pump and the car started right up before I even changed it, so it kinda sounds like it is the relay or a wireing problem. I am going to check out the voltage on the relay tomarrow. Thanks for the reply

thegreatdane
03-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Yes, that sounds like the main relay alright. Resolder it and it'll be just fine.

Legend_master
03-09-2005, 06:56 PM
Yes, that sounds like the main relay alright. Resolder it and it'll be just fine.

Do I resolder the whole thing or is there something in paticular, becuase everything looks to be alright with it.

thegreatdane
03-13-2005, 09:26 AM
I actually dont remember if I resoldered everything or if the bad soldering was visible, but you might as well resolder all of the solderings if you cant see where its bad.

Legend_master
03-13-2005, 09:28 AM
I actually dont remember if I resoldered everything or if the bad soldering was visible, but you might as well resolder all of the solderings if you cant see where its bad.

I went ahead and did that, the car runs great know and starts up everytime.

thegreatdane
03-13-2005, 09:36 AM
Sweet. Congrats

Legend_master
03-13-2005, 02:25 PM
Sweet. Congrats

One problem I have not been able to figure out is why the PGM-FI light comes one after I have been driving for about 5 min. The ecu is reading a CODE 12, but I cannot find anything wrong with the EGR system. I did hear something about the header causing this problem, but could not find anything else on the subject.

thegreatdane
03-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Your EGR valve could be clogged.

Legend_master
03-13-2005, 03:11 PM
Your EGR valve could be clogged.

I spraid a carb cleaner in it and down the hose that runs to it, but I still get the light. Sometimes it's after 5 min and sometimes it's after 15 min. Almost seems like a glitch.