PDA

View Full Version : performace help

Koopsta
03-02-2005, 01:50 PM
I' m just wondering what small things i can make/or do to improve hp and acceleration without spending alot of coin $$$
any info or suggestions will help :slap:

AccordNut
03-02-2005, 02:00 PM
depends on how small your budget is, you can get some ngk wires and ngk iridium plugs for about 40-50 bux and that will give you a little more responsiveness. you could probably make your own intake, short ram or cold air...depends on how far you wanna go. for the exhaust simply adding a new muffler wont do anything except make your car loud, you'd need the full system. header and new exhaust would cost a pretty penny but i think its worth it. also if you havent done so since you've had the car...go to jiffy lube or something and have them clean out your fuel system and replace the fuel filter to ensure you're getting the right amount of fuel in your system. thats about 40 bux i think?

acco-R-d
03-02-2005, 02:01 PM
HELLO!!! its called a search bar. its real easy to use. don't be intimidated by it.

AccordNut
03-02-2005, 02:06 PM
jesus, he asked a simple question...whats so hard about helping out a fellow 3g'er? even if you have to answer the same question 1845639 times...am i wrong for thinking this?

acco-R-d
03-02-2005, 02:15 PM
well, i agree with helpin with a fellow 3g'er, but this is like the millionth time this particular question has been asked

NXRacer
03-02-2005, 02:26 PM
remember, you can have 2 (and only 2) of the following 3: Fast, Cheap, Reliable

cold air intakes are pretty cheap nowadays on eBay. I just picked up a 94-97 accord cold air intake for 40 bucks and it worked pretty well. there is some cutting involved, but you have to expect that when you buy something that isnt made specifically for the car.

pendejo
03-02-2005, 02:55 PM
NX is right, if you wanna go fast it's gonna cost ya some bucks. I also bought an Ebay intake(from a 90-93 Integra) and cut a little here and there to make it fit and it's going to be the cheapest mod with the highest HP increase you can do. If you do this, DO NOT USE THE FILTER THEY SUPPLY YOU WITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Use a K&N, mine broke after a few months. Now that you are letting more air in, you need to let it out too. If at all possible, find an used DC header, else you're stuckwith Pacesetter. If you go with a Pacesetter, strip the paint and have it ceramic coated, then follow that up with 2.25in piping from the cat back. This coupled with what was already metnioned should net you some more HP and a more responsive engine.