PDA

View Full Version : 3geez.com has seen better days

SQ is the SQUAD
03-02-2005, 05:34 PM
with all the n00bs around and all the decent older members leaving this board isent what it was when i joined back in 01.
i tired to contribute my part, and i dident say much until today when one n00b just pushed my buttons. i am all for the development of the site but..... nothermind this isent gonna go anywhere

3geez , i dont know what to say anymore
maybe ill just jump on the bandwagon and go get a 240 or something.

a20a1, you the best, we need alot more members like you
ct, you my boy, dont loose you sence of humor,
josias, where ever your at, keep up the work, you have my number
steve. dont sell the lsvtec
too many people are giving up and now i see why

my86dx4dr
03-02-2005, 05:53 PM
People arnt giving up because of a fucking website man,
They give up because they move on in life, a 3g may be one hell
of a reliable car for the price, But people move on to nicer thangs, and yes
such thangs do exist.

From what i've seen out of your attitude, You dont seem to have an open oppinion
You dont take thangs in you just spit them out and expect everyone to agree.

Its not that this site is full of noobs, its that this site is full period,
There are alot of people here and your oppinion cant be the only oppinion everyday.

I'am sorry if i have offended you, But you come off as a bit of a pain in the ass when someone Replys to your remarks and you Come back with the big headed comments you have lately, I dont hate you, I like your ride, But you have to agree, with 4k members, nobody is going to have the same oppinion all the time. and thats where you have to keep an open mind.

SQ is the SQUAD
03-02-2005, 05:55 PM
nah, i dont have no problem you you dude, we are all cool, i dont even have a problem with the noobs. i am a n00b on pleanty of the s10 v8 forums i am apart of. i am just saying the true 3geez brotherhood that we once had has dissappered

AccordEpicenter
03-02-2005, 06:34 PM
not too many 1986-89 cars running around in great shape. Around here theyre filling up the junkyards with 275k on them, theyre dying off slowly and soo is the interest in them. Ill keep mine though

danronian
03-02-2005, 06:45 PM
In my opinion this site has gotten better since I've been a member. I think the reason for this is because the longer people have a car the more they learn about it. I remember asking questions when I joined and no-one had the answer but today I have that answer and me answering for someone gives the at least 20 people who view that thread that knowledge also. Even though the same questions are constantly asked at least that means that these people new to their 3gs are interested in them and aren't just wanting to upgrade instantly to something else. I could own one much newer Honda if I put all the money from the accord into saving for something else but a major reason I don't is because I am confident I can fix anything on this car that breaks because of the help from this site. Without this site I am sure I would have given up on my accord at some point.

cubert
03-02-2005, 06:51 PM
In my opinion this site has gotten better since I've been a member. I think the reason for this is because the longer people have a car the more they learn about it. I remember asking questions when I joined and no-one had the answer but today I have that answer and me answering for someone gives the at least 20 people who view that thread that knowledge also. Even though the same questions are constantly asked at least that means that these people new to their 3gs are interested in them and aren't just wanting to upgrade instantly to something else. I could own one much newer Honda if I put all the money from the accord into saving for something else but a major reason I don't is because I am confident I can fix anything on this car that breaks because of the help from this site. Without this site I am sure I would have given up on my accord at some point.

extremely well put

88accordhb
03-02-2005, 06:55 PM
well i don't know much about the site, since i've only been lurking here since 03. but since then there has been some pple who did get on my nervs with silly questions but i guess we all started out like that. so i can understand. i just hope my humor keeps yall laughing and my company is appreciated here.

but i hear ya Victor. but that's the way things go on forums, old vets leave and newbies come, but that's how you meet pple.

RobT5580
03-02-2005, 06:58 PM
I can honestly say i miss the old days when Justin's car was on the road. There dont seem to be many of the serious guys left and that post often. But i understand since im still a student so i have time to jump on frequently to post.

Strugglebucket
03-02-2005, 07:01 PM
i love this site.

just thought i'd throw that in.:bandit:

BMS
03-02-2005, 07:10 PM
remember last april fool's day when the site was pink for a few hours? i wonder what they'll think of this year...

blazin3gen
03-02-2005, 07:11 PM
I can honestly say i miss the old days when Justin's car was on the road. There dont seem to be many of the serious guys left and that post often. But i understand since im still a student so i have time to jump on frequently to post.

me too! i miss the days of justins hatch, nates halarious shit, then matt's halarious shit, bling bling mike vs nate ahaha the first group buy for cf hoods when we thought were were all cool cuz we finally had hoods

ahh i can go on and on

hang in there victor, i kno u didnt say anythin that was bad i gotz yo back yo

Ace
03-02-2005, 07:22 PM
Dude I am a neewbe alright I make really good money not to brag I work for a big cable company and dude When I bought my car It was between a 2000 explorer and a 1989 honda accord and guess what I picked dude i love this car man I could never drive nothing else I have fell in love with the challenge of having to make a part because aem doesn't make it LOL It takes a special person to own a 3gee and dude I am one of um

acco-R-d
03-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Amen to that

SQ is the SQUAD
03-02-2005, 07:23 PM
thats just the point, we have pleanty of good members, ct has become my quickest best buddy, but no one is really putting up useful info anymore. all the people who put in alot of effort in the beginnige are gone or "gave UP" and i feel them

SQ is the SQUAD
03-02-2005, 07:25 PM
ace, when the snow clears we still gotta hook up some time, maybe a junkyard rnu, we can go to some junkyards up here then some in rhode island

Ace
03-02-2005, 07:28 PM
Dude defintally I am still up for that mini meet

Elijah
03-02-2005, 07:39 PM
Well the site does have alot of new people. Alot just fit right in some come and go alot of vets have left but hey we are makeing new vets. But I agree that it has changed some for the better and some for the worse and for matt and nate and ect... Well those are some people that are hard to replace lol.

accordlxi2.0
03-02-2005, 07:55 PM
i remeber when i first came here...did'nt even know that my brothers 3g was a carb.
but hey ya live and ya learn.

i still feel like a noob sometimes, when smufguy, a20a1, helped me out when i should've known this stuff for sometime.

hondavtec...there's a few reasons why i gave up.
but i don't plan on giveing up on the site....i like it here, everyone here is cool.
most of the time supportive of each other..and has some cool ass meets (even though i've never been to one).

Neuspeed87lx
03-02-2005, 08:01 PM
were all noobs at some point....i think the site has gotten better since i joined.... jesus like 4 years ago ... everytime someone has a problem people try to help out ... most people get along.... i think when i joined there were only a few hundred members.... if that ... now we have grown to almost 6,000... i think its great to see that many people that love their 3g enough to join a website....people grow up and move on ...

Coroncho80
03-02-2005, 08:31 PM
I think we need more drama ... like the good old days :D

AccordEpicenter
03-02-2005, 08:32 PM
the board has gone from 1 turbo accord to like 5 in soo many years... i like how people are getting serious about performance etc... esp on a car that has like no aftermarket.
I think there are less people on esp our old users, most have gone on to other cars (understandable)

Edit: another reason why i like this board is there are very very few ricers, the fewest on any board ive seen lately... thats a very good thing, you guys have good taste!

Ludi Mali
03-02-2005, 08:34 PM
thats just the point, we have pleanty of good members, ct has become my quickest best buddy, but no one is really putting up useful info anymore. all the people who put in alot of effort in the beginnige are gone or "gave UP" and i feel them

I think the reason a lot of new useful stuff hasn't come up lately is because most things have already been covered. It seems to me we just get minor updates and opinions on stuff now. Ocassional new facts come in but the majority is out there on the site already.

Elijah
03-02-2005, 08:56 PM
I think we need more drama ... like the good old days :D

Well if your punk ass would come around more mabey there would be. We like hereing how fast ur slow car is :rice:

phrenology
03-02-2005, 09:06 PM
were all noobs at some point....i think the site has gotten better since i joined.... jesus like 4 years ago ... everytime someone has a problem people try to help out ... most people get along.... i think when i joined there were only a few hundred members.... if that ... now we have grown to almost 6,000... i think its great to see that many people that love their 3g enough to join a website....people grow up and move on ...

Hey don't forget that some of us noobs do try to contribute. Everytime I learn something new or find potential in an A20 modification I try to share it with the group, even if the subject has been approached before. If I didn't believe in the bullet-proof technology that went into the A20 I would have dropped this build like a pile of steaming shite years ago, I could have kept my low mileage 93' Civic and spent thousands ricing it out like every hondajockey with the millions of aftermarket parts out there but I decided to take the money and keep it old skool. Just because I don't have time to make 30 posts a day doesn't mean I'm not devoted to the cause and sharing knowledge. I've been at this build for years with planning and work but I'm gonna finish it even though I probably should have quit long ago.

I totally respect the senior members who are still active on the board, and I'm greatful for all of the knowledge I've picked up, but sometimes I resent being classified as a know-nothing noobie. If I didn't care about A20 users I wouldn't have even bothered to offer the option of selling the shaved OEM flywheels as a cheap alternative to custom work, which I've had minimal response to. (thanks to those Geez who have PMed me) I hope you older Geez don't think I'm being ungreatful but everyone has a lot to contribute. Even when there's the occassional idiotic noobie post that sets off the proverbial "bat to the hornet's nest" of angry posts we all end up learning something.

YK86
03-02-2005, 09:17 PM
I first joined late 2000 when there was only like 50 members. It was like a small family where you knew everyone and what car they drove, what was done to their cars, etc. The "closeness" was really nice. But there was nowhere near the info we have now and we were still trying to figure out what exactly the B20A was, what kind of suspension set up was right, and stuff like that.

Now the site has grown to almost 6000 registered members (no clue how many are regulars but anyways) almost all the frequently asked stuff has been answered, tons of people have explored different parts of the car and how to modify it, there are like 6+ guys running B20A's, a bunch of guys running turbos, and any new member that joins now has tons of info at their disposal. I think that says alot about the hard work and dedication past and present members have put into this site and their cars.

We've kind of lost the closeness we had before but that will happen to any site that gets big. I post nowhere near as much now just because I'm much older now and don't have as much time as I used to as I'm sure is the case for many older members too. I honestly probably don't know over 50% of the regulars on here now and maybe 80% of the people have no clue who I am LOL. But I still to visit this site when I have time as I still find it the #1 site I feel close to.

Things have really changed the past 4 1/2 years here but I've never really though it's gone down hill. I think the positives more than make up for the negatives.

86AccordLxi
03-02-2005, 09:55 PM
I too joined in late 2000 and I agree with YK86; as close as everyone was in knowing everything about one another's cars, there was very limited information available. Now, it's amazing the wealth of info the board has becomes for an essentially forgotten honda design.

I would say the board is great now, despite the occasionaly newer members whose car mods basically lie in the 'hopes and dreams' category and will probably remain there forever. While it's frustrating, you have to understand that most 3g owners are under 20 (or so it seems) and that's just what happens.

I still think that this board's members are more close than almost any other board (I say that as I just returned from dinner with NXRacer and Justin86Lx). I know that here in the NW the members tend to be very close just because of location. I have been hanging out with 3geezers since 2002 and some of my best friends I have met through 3geez. Size doesn't matter necessarily; it's what you make of it and partly the luck of having 3geezers close by(no that's not dirty :P).

Plus, a lot of the older members ARE still around, they just post less frequently since many already have thousands of posts--they're just slowing down. All in all, I love the board and the majority of the people here and I think that it's come a LONG way since the beginning.

Alex

Vanilla Sky
03-02-2005, 10:53 PM
as one of the older members (i joined just before the switch to automotive forums), i can say that the community as a whole really has matured to the point where new discoveries aren't really made... there comes a time in learning where progress slows... you know a lot, and what you don't know are things that are rarely thought of, or hard to pursue...

a few major things have went on during my time here... i scrapped a lot of dreams when i found that the car i was working on had a serious frame bend... i purchased another car that's been pretty much a lemon... i've learned how to work on my car... the only reason i bought my current lemon of a car was because i really wanted another 3gee and it seemed like a good deal... i've been between DCOE and EFI hundereds of times, until i decided to do both (buy another accord)...

things change... this site is a lot larger than it was... it's become impersonal... no more tight bonds with people that live thousands of miles away... people have moved on... some have come back... some seem to have dropped off of the face of the earth... this happens...

i think what gets you is that you were gone for some time... when you left, we were at like 2500... now we're like double that... all i can say is get used to it...

and i really do miss the antics of our older members, especially the ones banned... nate, matt, bob (mia), mike (whichever one of them was around at the time)...

we've all changed... our lives have changed... for a lot of these members that have moved on, the 3rd gen was a means to an end... basic transportion... beater cars... you name it... one thing will remain the same, though... these cars will hold a special place in the hearts of us guys, as they were most of our first cars...

i suppose one day, we will be sitting on our front porch tellin our grandkids about this internet thing that we used to use to talk to eachother on... about how a bunch of "kids" got together and started fixing up old cars... not just any car, though... the 3gee...

A20A1
03-02-2005, 11:40 PM
There is so much talent and knowledge out there and we are all fortunate to have a dedicated forum to bring it all together and geat members willing to share that knowledge.

I try to do my part, sharing what I've learn and done... cause I know what it was like early on, like what Yasu said where there just wan't much out there on/for our cars.
Things have gotten better but it's always sad to see any member go... then again you still see old veterans that have moved on pop in now and then.

I know people like Mike (Mike89Accordcom) and Justin (88TurboAccord) and Jaun (OldSchoolSwap) were a big inspiration to me and others in the early days.

Coroncho80
03-03-2005, 04:58 AM
Well if your punk ass would come around more mabey there would be. We like hereing how fast ur slow car is :rice:

I will be slow one day my son :hs:

HostileJava
03-03-2005, 05:21 AM
I don't really see what your talking about, at least on the east coat here, the members are pretty tightly knit bunch. There are several that I talk to daily on aim or on the phone and and quite a few that I talk to on the phone or online at least once a month along with the others scattered across the US. The site may have slowed down a bit in the last few months, but it always does in the winter and it speeds back up again when spring hits. I do miss some of the older members, but hey, they have moved on to bigger better things.

Neuspeed87lx
03-03-2005, 08:00 AM
[QUOTE=phrenology]Hey don't forget that some of us noobs do try to contribute.

no i know i never said that noobs didnt contribute .... he is just saying the lately there have been soo many new people joining and its just got really crowded back from when we were used to just a few people that were memebers here .... there are noobs that know their shit ... but there are just so many that come on here thinking their car will beat anything in a race ... and want to know if they can throw a turbo on their car with nitrous and run 9 sec in their 3g...without modding the engine ... it gets old

Like Yk said when i first joined there wasnt many people here .... and we all knew eachother, knew eachothers cars, and what was done to them ... now there are just so many people here ...

NXRacer
03-03-2005, 09:10 AM
It seems to me that there are "surges" from time to time of dumbass n00bs who whore up useless crap more then useful information. But i've learned that they seem to go away and only people who are truly dedicated (or at least not useless :D ) stick around.

When i first joined in 01(?) i was pretty much a total newb at 3g's. I had a bigass body kit that i thought (and still kind of think) was cool because it was from a 98 civic and it actually kinda worked on my oldass accord. But i stuck around and read a LOT (spent a whole week at work reading about b20's). Now i know a bit about our cars and work to help bring fellow 3g owners more help in all areas.

A word of advice: If a newb bothers you, GO READ ANOTHER THREAD. Nobody is forcing anybody to reply to threads. If its a dumb post, we (the mods) will most likely take care of it in some way. Everybody was a newb in some way, so put yourself in their position and be mature about the situation instead of acting like a child.

od2681
03-03-2005, 09:11 AM
you know what we need...another post ur picture thread...so we can make fun of how the members look like..tahts should keep us busy for a while..

anywhoo...ive been on this board for like 3 years now or somethin..
this is the frist site i open when i get on any comp..school, freind..home...any computer...and i talk bout you all to other people...yeah makes me look wierd..but hey its the community...

yea things have slowed down a while and lot of member have sold their 3g(including me) but peeps move on...you know...
but anyone in for my pic thread idea..i need a show of hands...oh yeah post urself with ur car..

Mike89Accordcom
03-03-2005, 09:29 AM
Ya it still is and will always be a great board. But with almost all the original members gone, it's tough. People get busy, people move on, people sell their cars. Like me, haha. I disapeared for a while, but come back from time to time. But members like Justin, myself, pearldrop, from day 1. It's nice to see Joe is running things. He's always been a good guy. When I come on this board, it makes me miss my 3G. But that is also why I kept www.89accord.com. I loved that car, always will, so therefore, that site will remain. It's the same as like a sports team. At one time you have new players who become veteran players, then they all retire, and it's a new young team. People miss this veterans, that's basically wut happened here. Most the veterans are gone, with the exception of a few still around. As years go by the 3G becomes more rare, and most have SO many miles. I let my Accord go with 130K miles, damn that was low even a year ago. I will always come back from time to time. I spent too much time here not to. I learned a ton from all you guys. I still remember the first day, wow this will be so great. Years later, it still is.

SQ is the SQUAD
03-03-2005, 11:32 AM
at a point about 1.5 years ago i was gonna give up. i made the mistake of doing the conversion before the motor. my car has been sitting since the conversion, very few people have seen it in person. due to last years work schudle i did not get to work on it at all. i dident come to the board much either. now with my return, i found that there are a couple more peolple in myt area who could possable give me a hand and may be the dedicated member, who can bring back ggod membes such as myself, and josisa, and bob and jim and juan, and justin and sean and mo pearldrop and so on. it very easy to loose intrest. ive lost it twice. it got to a point that i said i dont care if i ever finish the accord, it can sit in my driveway and rot (thats what its doing now). but, i decided not to give up. i know i am crying on and on but the thing is, alot of the n00bs dont know who there people are that we are talking about. they where GREAT members of the past. i respect every mans decion to move on, but we need a remberance. the problem with forums is that threads get old, and forgotten. we need a solid website with all the good info, and pics and projects and accomplisments that will stay in a solid form. we need a real official website along with this great forum. excuse my poor english

HostileJava
03-03-2005, 12:19 PM
I suppose we could put together a website with some of the nicer cars on it and a list of mods and contact info for the owners. I'm know there are a few members on here that are really good with graphics and web design. That's really up to mark though.

Busted_Blue
03-03-2005, 12:32 PM
sounds like a good idea hostilejava. I've only been here for like 2years. This place was a great place for small information back then and I didn't know there was things to do to this car. Little thing I know there were rare parts out there for these cars.

definitely something to note, is how this forum is very very helpful versus many other forums. There is less flaming on this board than most i've seen. Instead of just yellling search this and /end yourself, you guys help!

Without this board, my accord probably stil be stock.

SQ is the SQUAD
03-03-2005, 04:01 PM
why does it have to be up to mark, we can make our own site, dosent have to be affiliated with 3geez, we just need permission of the owners of the car/info, and we all know no one owns the "info"

NXRacer
03-03-2005, 04:05 PM
why do we need another site?? if you want to see pictures and mods of cars, look at the "post pictures of your ride" thread. . . . .or vbgarage.

SQ is the SQUAD
03-03-2005, 04:19 PM
its the whole concept of not haveing to read all the bs threadsa tto find what you looking for, to have a fixed place where your not searching through a million threads

mykwikcoupe
03-03-2005, 08:51 PM
doesnt anyone remember the other 3geb site that all the banned guys went to a while ago. What did that last 3 months or so. This is a fine website. you need to remember that this car is getting older and alot of first time car buyers are high schoool kids looking to do stuff with little cash. Ive been here for a while but more of a spectator. Ive been a little upset at times and left for a while but here i am again. Of all my boards this is my favorite tied with the 1st gen civic board.

BITESIZE
03-03-2005, 09:40 PM
3geez is over-rated and very boring to me anymore to tell the truth. I used to be excited to come home from work and jump on here. Not anymore, the mods won't let us speak the truth like we should be able to...... I'm not speaking of harsh words or threats, I'm talking about how we should be able to tell noobs that they are dumb and shouldn't even be working on there cars, cause there are some people here that shouldn't even change there own oil.

my86dx4dr
03-03-2005, 09:42 PM
3geez is over-rated and very boring to me anymore to tell the truth. I used to be excited to come home from work and jump on here. Not anymore, the mods won't let us speak the truth like we should be able to...... I'm not speaking of harsh words or threats, I'm talking about how we should be able to tell noobs that they are dumb and shouldn't even be working on there cars, cause there are some people here that shouldn't even change there own oil.
:hs: Soooo true :stupid:

BITESIZE
03-03-2005, 09:49 PM
Oh...and no offense to the stupid noobs...smart noobs ignore this thread...

TheWatcher
03-04-2005, 03:04 AM
The mods have a really hard job. I, for one, applaud their hard work on this board. When I mistakenly posted to the wrong forum, the thread was moved that day.

I think if you have a problem with the mods, then volunteer to be a mod! It's easy to sit back and bitch about things. I used to work for a private club, and everyone complained, but no one wanted to run for office and do the dirty work.

I luv everyone on this board, and I thank the mods for all their hard work. I appreciate all the knowledgeable feedback from the experienced members.

Don't give up on 3geez, I want to hold on to my LX for a while. :)

HostileJava
03-04-2005, 04:21 AM
doesnt anyone remember the other 3geb site that all the banned guys went to a while ago. What did that last 3 months or so. This is a fine website. you need to remember that this car is getting older and alot of first time car buyers are high schoool kids looking to do stuff with little cash. Ive been here for a while but more of a spectator. Ive been a little upset at times and left for a while but here i am again. Of all my boards this is my favorite tied with the 1st gen civic board.

That's accordtuner and they are still around.

A20A1
03-04-2005, 04:27 AM
...I'm not speaking of harsh words or threats, I'm talking about how we should be able to tell noobs that they are dumb and shouldn't even be working on there cars, cause there are some people here that shouldn't even change there own oil.

remember that post with the guy who owned an SRT4 and removed the valve cover to drain the oil or some sh#t like that.

I think it would be better to tell people how to do things instead of telling them they can't or shouldn't do it. If they still don't understand or wont listen to advice and you get frustrated, ignore them and move on. And there is no reason you can't say that they are better off letting a more experienced person work on their car... thats not something I'd keep you from saying.

A20A1
03-04-2005, 04:36 AM
Hey TheWatcher, where in Hawaii are you... lol I saw your 808
:)

SQ is the SQUAD
03-04-2005, 05:48 AM
i am just saying we need a web based 3geez sister site that is not a forum

87accordlxi
03-04-2005, 07:54 AM
its the whole concept of not haveing to read all the bs threadsa tto find what you looking for, to have a fixed place where your not searching through a million threads

You go from bitching about newbies, to demanding a website? We've tried the website thing in the past, as most of the longtime members will be aware of. However, as we've continued to upgrade and improve the board, the idea of a website has become more and more redundant. I agree we need to set aside info that can be quickly looked up without having to sift through endless pages of post whoring, BS, and incorrect information. To accomplish this, we have worked on two major achievements:

1) The FAQ and How-to forums. There are no BS or stray comments in these two forums. Entries can only be made by staff members, which ensures that the threads are clean and contain accurate information. We are also working on fixing broken links and images.

2) vbGarage. This is a central database of member pics and descriptions of their cars. This is what our website was going to contain, but integrating with the forum software allows members to go in and edit their entries without any involvement with the staff, which makes our jobs easier and allows changes to be made much more quickly. It also saved us monumental amounts of time and money compared to if we were to develop something custom for a website.

Since vbgarage is simply a database of images, it has the potential to be resource-intensive. As a result, new entries are reserved for Foundation Members. However, I am looking to add some more options to the premium services on 3geez, such as granting access only to vbgarage for a much smaller fee than the current $15/yr. Also, I am working on offering Foundation memberships for shorter terms (and of course a smaller fee), such as on a 1,3, or 6 month basis in order to make the service more ascessible.

To ensure that information is never lost, we perform regular backups. These backups do not reside on the server; they are downloaded to a home computer and saved to CD.

My goal has always been to improve the content of the board, while balancing incentives for members with keeping the costs down. This can be considered an understatement when I say that the task IS NOT EASY.

I want to personally thank the members who appreciate the work we do here, and I hope I have cleared some misconceptions for those who don't quite understand.

SQ is the SQUAD
03-04-2005, 08:33 AM
i wasent demanding anything, i was trying to make a suggestion based on my belief of what would make the 3geez experience better

smufguy
03-04-2005, 08:44 AM
there are tons of old members who are active everyday and to name a few, alex, alex, joe, mike (a20A1), caleb, jason, elijah and bunch more i cant quite remember as of right now. I know 3geez can be better, have mentioned it buncha times but got nothing across. Its easy on a forum to say we need this and we need that, but the problem is, its not that easy. They got like 3 different moderators for the active sections like te perf and tech, and yet i see a lot of dead threads with like two posts or pointless threads that have just gone offtopic and still reside there. Not to be partial here, but MIke (A20A1) has done a great deal of clean up in the last year and i appriciate him for that. Merging threads, searching and archiving everything for the ease of the members, putting sticky on threads that value most and have lots of information. I like him moderating more than anything else.

The one bad part about 3geez that i can easily pick out is that we are soft bitches. meaning, we are just too kind that we slide every single shit thru. repetitive posts/threads, bullshit threads even in offtopoic that have no information to contribute. I am a member of a forum called Fubar (aka thats just not right). there every noob needs to put an into of himself/herself making it know that who u are and how much u can contribute. If he is an ignorant or illeterate and cant even construct a sentence, they just ban him and send him home. Thats what i like about their, not the banning part, but part they encourage....... constructive, comprehensive and intelligent. They got sections where u can post about naked chicks or movies or anything, but you need to post in different areas like politics, science and life as general. That forum has well rounded and smart guys i have yet to come across in open in these automotive forums. THey got about the same size members as us, but they are all acitve in a way that they know what to do and what to ask.

I have been a black sheep in the past couple of months busting newbie balls saying what they should do and what they should not cause its the same repetitive shit, and what does a mod do? he asks me to chill out and they go on to answer them. I dont find any fault in that, but the problem is, we are being too lienient, too much soft shit of being a kind forum is gonna get us nowhere. Regulation of posting here by newbies and their content should be monitored and with more than one mod to moderate a section, i dont find it to be hard. There are so many active old members i would like to see as mods, but who cares, they contribute well enough. Besides, we know 3geez is not what it used to be, and i just hope in the future it wont be a bad thing for 3geez. I dont know how i can leave this forum, since every single knowledge i have was gained from either this forum or something relating to this forum. It has made me grow intellectually and has created a passion that i thought never existed in me.

So to sum everything up, yes we have nits to pick out and fix, but its an onlne community and just like any other normal community, we just need more police and good ones per se ;

NXRacer
03-04-2005, 09:02 AM
It may seem that 3geez in general may be to 'soft', but you have to realize, this is the only place where you can get good, in-depth information on the 3rd gen accords. All the other forums are for civics and integras etc which there are a hundred of, so if you dont like it (or you get banned) you can find another site just as easily with all the same info. Besides, it doent do any good to come down hard on people who you deem "dumb" just because they're new and inexperienced. Most of the time its just because they're new to forums and dont know what to do. If they're intentionally abusing the system, the mods will handle it appropriately.

Sure it gets frustrating, but like i said before, you're not required to reply to threads, so if it pisses you off, just move on to another thread. Its really not that hard. :D

As for the other site for pictures and mod lists, maybe something can be done with mikes 89accord.com or something.

smufguy
03-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Sure it gets frustrating, but like i said before, you're not required to reply to threads, so if it pisses you off, just move on to another thread. Its really not that hard. :D

Yeah we know its not required to reply to threads, we also know that its not required to stay on this forum either. we can all leave after we get whatever we came here for. But thats not what 3geez mentality is, is it? If indifference is what you want from your fellow members so that u can keep this place out of argument regarding stupid shit, then ur looking at the wrong group of people. Some of us will talk back to people who ask and act stupid, not everything needs to be done by a mod. You guys have enough shit happening in ur personal life and taking time to moderate this forum is hard, but if u wanna go aroudn saying that we need to just keep our mouth shut and look the other way, now thats just not polite is it?

Sorry if i came off wrong, but again i will point out to a guy or a girl and tell them what they did is stupid and look in the right place. If they are old enough to acees this forum and login, they are old enough NOT to be spoon fed all the time. We got excellent FAQs and HOW-Tos and also a thread dedicated to Newbie information, so if they fail to read that and be stupid, well fuck them i will kick them in their butt and ask them go sit in a corner. :)

ps: What happened to 86-89accord.com? I know a database existed a while back, but is it being worked on?

SQ is the SQUAD
03-04-2005, 11:28 AM
i dident even know the vbgarage exisited

BITESIZE
03-04-2005, 03:40 PM
I demand to be let in the VBgarage for being accord of the month dag nab it!

SQ is the SQUAD
03-04-2005, 04:04 PM
uuummmm, i got in with no problem, i dont think there is anything special to get in there, go into your profile

BMS
03-05-2005, 05:27 PM
I just read another post about engine codes, and the reply was simply a link to another thread. I think this backs up the theory that most of what people have to ask has been answered, and that's why the technical sections seem to have quieted down.

zero.counter
03-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Most of what anyone asks has been done, with the exception of unorthodox motor swaps. Just like BMS stated, the water has been wrung out of the washcloth, so to speak. There are some little modifications that some are doing to fix the car up, but nothing very worth while. I am still looking for a hatch as a daily driver for the sole purpose of saving money on gas, and will always check out this site.

I am a little burned out myself, but I still check for PMs on the site and see what people are talking about so to decide if I should chime in or not. About the comment that mods are changing, there are some who are easy going and those that make it their job to give people the hey..hey. I still have my questions on this board and many other I frequent, concerning the inception of certain users into mods and what qualifications were made to reach that, but nonetheless...deal with it.

The 3rd gen accord seems to be a car that alot of low to middle income families pass on to their aged 16 to 18 year old children for first cars. They come in with ideas on fixing their old cars and eventually move on to other vehicles after seeing that the potential for building up this car is more than others.

The site is great. It is the content and people that make it that way.

If there is alot of bull and bad attitudes, than the forum will look like a POS.

darkhonda89
03-06-2005, 07:34 PM
is finally become what we have alawys wanted it 2 be .... im with hostile and mike we all keep comeing back and we all still love our cars more than almost everything ....... and even if we sell it or crash it or just let it sit it still burns inside and the littlest bit of gas whooooommmm were right back in it

im a 3rd gen member 4 ever and i will b here till the end wit my other family
....................dark

SQ is the SQUAD
03-06-2005, 07:39 PM
awe, puss-n-boots

od2681
03-06-2005, 07:58 PM
of all the boards i go to...which is 3...3geez is the most well maintained..i mean you dont have dumbasses bitchin at everyone...people are more understanding here than any other place...even in the politics section, everyone is pretty cool headed...on houston imports....you post one thread bout something against bush, everyone is like leave this country...haha...but yeah 3geez rocks..its not a forum its a family

frankie89
03-07-2005, 05:53 AM
I have 3geez as my homepage!! I'm havent been here posting long but i see more respect here from members than on other forums so i agree on the fact that 3geez is a family and im glad to be a part of it!!

buds302
03-07-2005, 07:09 PM
this is a deppressing thread

NXRacer
03-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Yeah we know its not required to reply to threads, we also know that its not required to stay on this forum either. we can all leave after we get whatever we came here for. But thats not what 3geez mentality is, is it? If indifference is what you want from your fellow members so that u can keep this place out of argument regarding stupid shit, then ur looking at the wrong group of people. Some of us will talk back to people who ask and act stupid, not everything needs to be done by a mod. You guys have enough shit happening in ur personal life and taking time to moderate this forum is hard, but if u wanna go aroudn saying that we need to just keep our mouth shut and look the other way, now thats just not polite is it?

Sorry if i came off wrong, but again i will point out to a guy or a girl and tell them what they did is stupid and look in the right place. If they are old enough to acees this forum and login, they are old enough NOT to be spoon fed all the time. We got excellent FAQs and HOW-Tos and also a thread dedicated to Newbie information, so if they fail to read that and be stupid, well fuck them i will kick them in their butt and ask them go sit in a corner. :)

ps: What happened to 86-89accord.com? I know a database existed a while back, but is it being worked on?

i didnt mean by any means to sound like i was telling people to shut up or something. I was just saying in a way, if you cant say something nice (or constructive), then dont say anything at all. constructive criticism is ok, harrassment and downtalk just isnt nice! :lol:

snow_man_20
03-08-2005, 12:38 AM

:crying:

SQ is the SQUAD
03-08-2005, 06:34 AM
sometimes the truth hurts

jigga225
03-08-2005, 02:45 PM
Man i've been noticing things around here.
But I think the good thing is when a ? is asked, a lot of people know the answer and respond quickly to others. Hell even I have had to turn here for help and I've been on 3gz for a minint now.
I dont appreciate some of the mods people do... but as the car depreciates, you can expect that kind of things.
I have my Legend, but the 3G is the daily driver and when it's running good there's no betta feeling.
-pz

pearldrop
03-11-2005, 03:57 PM
I miss 3geez more than I miss my old car. Even though I have new cars and trucks, I haven't found another forum that feels like such a family. I just don't have anything to talk about here that makes me feel like part of the family. I can only talk about what I used to have for a little while before I am sure it would get annoying.
But I still check in, and I pay attention because this is the best forum I have ever been on. Every forum will have disagreements. If they didn't, they would be boring. If I still had a 3rd gen I would still be here all day every day.
:sadwave:

NXRacer
03-11-2005, 04:04 PM
wow! He speaks!! How ya doin' maing! :D

pearldrop
03-11-2005, 04:23 PM
I'm doing good. I'm still into cars as much as ever, I'm just working on the wagon, the prelude and the Suburban all at the same time.

NXRacer
03-11-2005, 04:31 PM
post up some updates! i wanna see how the wagon looks now. I bet that suburban is gonna be nice too.

YK86
03-11-2005, 04:55 PM
I'm doing good. I'm still into cars as much as ever, I'm just working on the wagon, the prelude and the Suburban all at the same time.

Hey Chris! How's it going? Is your e-mail still the same as before? I was going to e-mail you the other day. Did you get rid of the CRV and pick up the Suburban?

Y3G
03-11-2005, 07:07 PM
wow you guys need me more than ever :welcome:

carotman
03-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Whoa, long thread to read hehe.

I personaly think that 3geez is still one of the best automotive forums around. I can't think of any other forum that will have such an amount of information about a single car generation. Not only we have alot of information but the members are very dedicated. I know I've been a little far from the board recently but I just had other stuff to do. Also, the great Canadian winter forces me to store my car during almost 6 months so I get the winter blues around febuary :)

I think there is still a good amount of work that needs to be done to 3geez.... like finding a good place for JDM parts :D

my86dx4dr
03-14-2005, 01:05 PM
THIS PLACE SUCKS............

thats why i come back over and over and over... even when i dont own an accord...

guaynabo89
03-15-2005, 05:33 PM
Ive been around since ezboard, though I didnt start posting till the move to af.

One extremely good thing Ive noticed is the amount of info on this board is so much, pretty much everything we need to know about this car is here to see.

I mean back when someone first sourced a schematic of dual piston calipers for the Accord evryone was wndering whether or not they wre actually made. Now I have a set in my garage that wont fit my car cause there was no brake upgrade for the jdm 88-89 accords. :sadwave:

I personally ignore all the useless altezza threads and such and stick to threads that will help out as far as information.

ME personally will be keeping the hatch until it dies. I boght it in 1993 for 5 grand and after $30,000+ invested its book value is only about 2000. :uh:

ANyone that will have anythign good to contribute just has to have a love for this bastard old car. I would personally post more often but life and family takes up most of my time. Plus the twenty half started projects I have keep me busy in the meantime( Vinny can vouch for me on this).

Conclusion is the info on this board is great, repetative altezza threads get annoying as hell but just ignore those dont reply and when they search they'll find the damned answer about why noone makes altezzas for the third gen.

ANd I agree with hondavtec on this one:

STEVE....... DONT SELL THE LS/VTEC.

NXRacer
03-15-2005, 05:40 PM
:werd:

bobafett
03-15-2005, 05:57 PM
yeah ive been here since the EZ board days too, although i didnt even have an accord yet, it was still my dads car! haha

this board has gone up and down, on one hand, its different without yasu and mike and nate and chris and justin, and all the old school guys, but now there is a lot of stuff that has been happening like new headers and turbo accords, and flywheels and *gasp* body kits, and built motors, and robs car, and johnny o's car, there is a lot of cool shit going on on 3geez still..

the bottom line is, i used to frequent many forums, and 3geez is the only one i check daily... 3geez still rocks!

ps i would love to devote some time to building a webpage archive, sort of like 240sx.org, its just a simple archive, but not on a forum... anyway if there is anything i can help with, llike on development of a site (if this is something that 3geez wants to pursue) i would be happy to put my efforts into it.

carotman
03-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Yeah, Nate and his Peter Pan guy hehehe

YK86
03-15-2005, 08:41 PM
this board has gone up and down, on one hand, its different without yasu and mike and nate and chris and justin, and all the old school guys, but now there is a lot of stuff that has been happening like new headers and turbo accords, and flywheels and *gasp* body kits, and built motors, and robs car, and johnny o's car, there is a lot of cool shit going on on 3geez still..

I'm still around LOL. :sadwave:

bobafett
03-15-2005, 08:43 PM
yeah i know, but a lot of the old members just arent active the way they were... like paul too, he did so much for 3geez, and now we hardly hear from him. althought hes doing awesome...

anyway 3geez still rocks, and so do all the members... we just have to keep pushing new projects ,and it will always be interesting...

3G Jester
03-16-2005, 12:00 AM
*tear*
I dont even know if i could put into words what this family has done for me. it sparked an interest in cars for one. something nobody else put into me. since then i have been a madman working on hondas and integras.

no other site makes me feel more at home. when i left CT and came to CA....who were the first people i really chilled with out side of those i worked with? 3GEEZ!!!!!! i feel confidant knowing if i get stuck in any part of the us..i have someone in my *family* who could hopefully help me out.....

and most of all, my car and this site helped distract my mind and give me some damned meaning in my life when i was going through some shit. working on the car cleared my head and let me regain a balance in my life. this site helped. i have to go to v6performance.net for technical stuff with the av6......but i still live here becasue this is home. and i can still take care of a shit load for a 3g......

i figure ill meet my wife when her 3g is broken down on the side of the road and i stop to assist.....untill i meet her...i have this place.
all the wierdo's.
all the n00bs.
nate and his stickers,
matt/mike [ the face] threatening to buy plane tickets to knife a guy in AZ
maurice's crazy fuckin party's in philly and the street racing
e-town raceway
johnny o!!!! cant forget that guy. i think i have the most extensive pictures of his car in exsistance......unless praveen--you still have yours. i think we were the ones rockin the cameras that day. ooo and Phydox too!! man..what happend to him and his 85 accord?

and steve.....if you must sell your car sell your ride...i understand....but if you sell that ride to any one other then a careing individual who is on 3geez and i swear to god youll have some of my friends in special forces at your door ;)

smufguy
03-16-2005, 08:17 AM
jhonny is on as he pleases. Andy was posting everywhere until last month. I saved every single picture of Justin's car after he took down his site, i also have the pics of jhonny as a matter of fact. I can still remember steve waiting for us in e-town in his carbed coupe lookin like a 13yr old and look at him now. Damn.......... we have come a long way and maurice has evolved and still has that goofy silly attitude and i love him for that. Jim is upto friggin three 3gs or something and im glad i met him and so are you Travis. I still got ur phone number on my cell lol. Yet, i wait for the day for things to get back the way they were like all the old guys comin back and havin fun, but i guess personal life takes first preference.

marc49
03-16-2005, 09:07 PM
one thing I think a lot of people are missing is, it feels like this every year. Has for the past 4 years now. Right now, it's still too cold to really plan any events in most of the country, but all the holiday's have passed so there's nothing that is taking up your time. So all you have is to remember "the good old days".. Guess what, in a month, maybe two the "good old days" will be here and people will be having meets and going to car events together and things will seem normal..

3G Jester
03-16-2005, 10:25 PM
marc i have to say i agree with you. but like i was saying..i moved so my 'good old days' are 3k miles away.....and with members like justin and matt/mike, nate, and those crazy bastard from 2002/early 03 those were some damn good times.

praveen......hahaha were you there after an etown meet when steve had a flat on his new rims and we were running around tring to find a socket that would accomidate his rims and allow us to change the tire? hahaha damn that was funny shit.

smufguy
03-16-2005, 11:42 PM
nah i was not around till you guys. I had to leave for work and left a bit late. The next time we met there. My damn starter ground came loose and had to call andy for help and we were running thru all the possible nicks. and my friend found out that something was sparking everytime i tried to start and it was the stupid ground. We had some funny stuff happen, but hopefully this year will be good. BUt the forum tho, its a different story. I like the memebers i meet. They are nothing but extremely good guys and its said that you moved away travis.

3G Jester
03-17-2005, 01:07 AM
im gonna be closer though in the next few months...like mississip. ill have to come up for a 4 day. wenrnt you supposed to be getting your citizenship soon? last time we met

smufguy
03-17-2005, 07:00 AM
i got mine already trav.

carotman
03-18-2005, 04:18 PM
one thing I think a lot of people are missing is, it feels like this every year. Has for the past 4 years now. Right now, it's still too cold to really plan any events in most of the country, but all the holiday's have passed so there's nothing that is taking up your time. So all you have is to remember "the good old days".. Guess what, in a month, maybe two the "good old days" will be here and people will be having meets and going to car events together and things will seem normal..

I couldn't say more. You guys are still lucky to have your 3g running. Nine is sroted since NOVEMBER...... I didn't even see the car since november. I'm buying parts for it like crazy... so satisfy my crave for the 3g.

Wait till end April/beginning May. Everyone will party and cheer... :rockon: