PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about putting a nitrous system into the accord...

Mike's89AccordLX
03-02-2005, 11:39 PM
I was paging through my Summit magazine and I saw the sneaky pete system for like $200 and it included everything and installed really quick. But the thing is its a 10 oz bottle so is that like one shot or what? I mean I want nitrous but more than one shot and have to refill. I don't want a big bottle either. I cant let some people find out about this that's why I want a tiny bottle.

-Mike

What do you guys think should I do that or is it a waste and just mod the lude more?

Mike's89AccordLX
03-02-2005, 11:50 PM
http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=/egnsearch.asp&N=400047

$219

Mike's89AccordLX
03-02-2005, 11:55 PM
NX has an incognito kit that's a 1.4lb bottle.

Maybe NXRacer should hit me up with a price for that kit. Shoot I should just put this on the lude anyways. That's going to be a pretty quick ride after it gets out of the shop.

NXRacer
03-03-2005, 09:38 AM
the sneaky pete systems that NX has are DRY kits. Dry = BAD. Just get a regular kit and stick the bottle in the spare tire well or something. Besides, you dont have to open the trunk where people can see the bottle. Your biggest problem is going to be hiding the solenoids and hoses and stuff in the engine bay. Of course, you already have so much stuff under the hood they'll probably all blend in. :kekeke:

1.4lb bottle is only a couple shots. You can get the EFI kit (like what Jim and Justin have) and get it with a 5lb bottle instead of the standard 10lb which will be smaller therefore easier to hide.

Mike's89AccordLX
03-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Well the thing is I don't have the weber nitrous plate. How would you suggest to hook it up to enter in the fuel system?

Mike's89AccordLX
03-03-2005, 09:52 AM
Well if I put it in my prelude I wouldn't have any room in the trunk for a 5lb or 10lb bottle. I have a pretty big stereo system in there. With that tiny bottle I could just put it under a seat or something like that...

-Mike

Justin86
03-03-2005, 09:56 AM
Mike did you see my inconito post I did on my N2O instal

Mike's89AccordLX
03-03-2005, 09:57 AM
Nope going to search for it now.

HostileJava
03-03-2005, 10:03 AM
Mike I would just go with a small 5 or 2.5lb bottle and hide the solenoids either like Justin did or in your dash with lines running out through the fire wall. I don't really care about people seeing mine, the solenoids are in plain site and the bottle is in the trunk.

NXRacer
03-03-2005, 10:16 AM
you should convert to EFI :p

If you have a big stereo make a custom mount in the trunk so it looks nice. if you dont want peeps to see the bottle, dont open the trunk :kekeke:

Mike's89AccordLX
03-03-2005, 10:18 AM
Well Laurie is my main concern. She doesn't want to ride in the car if it has nitrous. I want to put it in both cars ideally but I would prefer to put it in the lude since that is going to be my best ride out of the hondas. I liked that thread justin really explained a lot. Answered a few of my questions. My biggest concern is I dont want to run a big shot b/c I dont have a beefed up motor.

AEM V2 Intake
Megan Racing SS Header
Taylor Wires
Gonna put my spare Chrome Accel coil on soon.
So yeah that's about it....

Stock head and bottom.

The transmission has a Exedy stage 1 racing clutch and a 7.5lb fidanza flywheel.

I don't plan to put a cat-back system on mainly b/c I like it quite and not so damn loud. I want to hear my stereo system not my exhaust :) I know N02 isn't something to be messed with, with a stock motor if you want the motor to last. That's why I thought maybe a small shot system would still be ok since it wouldn't increase the hp dramatically.

All I want is a quick 25 to 75 hp. I'm sure with my new flywheel I will be kicking those vtec ludes but I dunno yet.

(Car is still in the shop. I swear to god if I break one more bolt and have to goto Honda to order one I will just give up.) Seriously this is the longest brake job I have ever had to do. Waiting on parts is the only thing holding me up damit. I want my car back...

JFreddy
03-03-2005, 10:28 AM
Hey this thread is awesome! I'm looking for the exact same thing Mike is, but my cars fuel injected. Same mods... I/H and a full exhaust no cat. stock bottom n top oh yeah bored out throttle body too and msd blaster 2 coil. NXRacer if you have a small shot kit for a good price I'd be interested. And the bottle size don't matter. And Mike around what kinda $$ did it cost for your new clutch and flywheel? Thanks Justin. aka JFreddy

Mike's89AccordLX
03-03-2005, 10:31 AM
I paid a little more than I should have but it cost me $400 shipped for both. They're for my 94 prelude si non-vtec

I'm filing off the Vtec label on my h22 valve cover right now so I wont be a poser. I just wanted that valve cover for the sparkplug wire cover. The h23 cover looks too plain.

-Mike

HostileJava
03-03-2005, 10:52 AM
I hear ya mikey, jen refuses to ride in the SE-i with the nitrous in there, she has this image of the car from f&f blowing up. I thought you had that parts car you were going to use to converto to EFI. Just do it :D

Mike's89AccordLX
03-03-2005, 11:35 AM
Nah I didn't realize that the wiring harness wasn't going to work since it was for a 2 door. I don't want to bother with it. I just have too much on my plate to even think about doing it right now.

NXRacer
03-03-2005, 01:17 PM
mike, if you're planning on running N2O, you should get an exhaust. its totally pointless to have a header with the stock exhaust. its way too restrictive. All cat-back systems arent loud and you can have a custom exhaust put in that will be quiet but still give you the airflow you need. IF the women dont want to ride in the car with juice, just take the bottle out. It takes a whole minute to take out the bottle.

You dont HAVE to upgrade your bottom end or internals to run N2O. I've seen tons of cars run juice on bone stock engines with no problems. Hell, if a Hyundai Accent can run it for over 2 years with countless bottles run through it, the accord should have no problem with it as long as you keep up on the maintenance.

JFreddy - i can get good discounts on NX kits. PM me with what you're looking for and i'll give you some prices.

acco-R-d
03-03-2005, 01:34 PM
About how much more HP and TQ is that gunna be. Does anybody have dyno pics with N20 used?

hondamanlxi
03-03-2005, 06:36 PM
why couldnt carb people modify a EFI wet kit to work? Put the nozzle in a civic air box and get some kinda booster fuel pump to run the fuel solenoid? It may not be the best but...

Mike's89AccordLX
03-03-2005, 10:27 PM
Well what I could do is have it mounted to the remote air cleaner adapter and have it pointed straight down the primary. (only have to worry about hood clearance then.

And the whole reason I bought the header for the lude is b/c to do the transmission work I need to take off the stock header and I figured hell I'm not removing it twice if I want a header later on. I will probably have an exhaust system made or get one of those Fujitsu japanese exhaust systems when I'm settled down. I think I would just put a bottle in the accord mainly b/c that's my project car.

Justin86
03-04-2005, 02:16 PM
I'd stick with the 50 shot it's the best overall.
Dyno wise the 50 shot gave me an extra 35hp and 65tq, but my car was also running like crap and had no top end. But typically the size of the shot will give you apox that gain in hp and tq.