PDA

View Full Version : Bumper

kholyfire
03-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Yeah, so a sling tow-truck ripped off my front bumper, what all do I need to do to put it back on and hopefully looking good? :uh:

2drSE-i
03-03-2005, 11:47 AM
ull probly need new mounts... your best bet is to buy a whole new bumper off ebay for about 100 shipped

HostileJava
03-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Can you post some pics or tell us what's damaged. We can't really tell you what needs to be done, if we don't know what the damage is.

sporkHSP
03-03-2005, 01:10 PM
You will probably need a new bumper as your mountings probably are all ripped apart... and your mounting bolts are probably all rusted together since you are in CO... I could be wrong, but check all of your stuff and see if I am...

anyway, i have mounting supplies and an unpainted bumper, all brand new, that I need to get rid of...
I will sell you all of it for 100 + shipping. I hate to sell this cheap, but I really need cash and need this stuff gone. You can check my thread in the marketplace and you will find that I am offering you a good deal consitering what I paid for all of this stuff. PM or IM me if you are interested.

kholyfire
03-03-2005, 06:58 PM
OK, so a new bumper it is. I'll be getting to you spork.

SQ is the SQUAD
03-03-2005, 07:40 PM
did the while bumper come off or just the plastic cover. if the whole bumper came off them it was prob junk anyways but if is just the cover then some screws should do the trick ( i drive a tow truck )

kholyfire
03-04-2005, 02:42 PM
Whole bumper, and yeah, it was the piece of crap. Almost all the mountings are ripped, and the screws are busted.

b8er
03-06-2005, 04:43 PM
you shouldnt have to pay for a new one or get it fixed, my buddy had the same thing happen to his sunfire and the tow truck company paid and got it fixed, if they hooked up the car and everything its there fault

SQ is the SQUAD
03-06-2005, 05:37 PM
you shouldnt have to pay for a new one or get it fixed, my buddy had the same thing happen to his sunfire and the tow truck company paid and got it fixed, if they hooked up the car and everything its there fault

not always the case. when the car is built it is built to be able to hold such weight, if hooked up properly on a car that is sum wut rotted, it could fall off

sporkHSP
03-07-2005, 10:47 AM
did the metal bumper come off, or just the plastic cover? I have the cover and mounting stuff, not the metal bumper.