PDA

View Full Version : b16 h22....

88lxicoupe
08-04-2002, 05:23 PM
im stupid when it comes to engines so could someone please give me a list of which cars the b16, b18, and h22 come from. and do they all just bult right up or is there some creativity involved thanks

88lxicoupe
08-04-2002, 05:25 PM
sry guys i i didnt read i found which cars they come from but can u still give me info on the h22

toastyghost
08-04-2002, 07:50 PM
H22A swap in a 3G is extremely expensive but has been done at least once or twice. From what I understand, you'll need not only custom mounts but also to relocate/remove a lot of stuff and make some kind of frame mod to get that big bastard to fit under the Accord hood.

babybluaccord
08-06-2002, 04:16 PM
call mmr they have a mounting kit for the h22a thats what im getting and my swap should be done in the next 2 months

shepherd79
08-06-2002, 05:38 PM
B16 was available in Civic SI. B18 was available in Integra. and H22 Prelude SH.
I would say go with B16 with Vortech supercharger and cooler. it will push 260Hp at the wheels easy with stock guts.

JSid7
08-06-2002, 11:30 PM
what all is needed for the h22 swap

netfreak
08-07-2002, 12:35 AM
Tons of cash and a mechanic who knows what he's doing. From what I understand, you need to weld most of the engine to existing parts.

BensAccordLxi
08-15-2002, 08:48 AM
what company sells the kits for the B16a1 swap?

YK86
08-15-2002, 12:34 PM
Place Racing has the swap kits for the B-series (harness, axles, shift linkage, etc).

KaMiKaZeE
08-15-2002, 01:24 PM
If you are mechanically inclined, and I am, for the h22 or f22 swap basically just take everything out of the engine compartment, make sure to buy the h22 with all the working basics from the car like the ecm, accesory brackets, wiring harnesses, etc...; have custom h22 mounts fabbed at your local machine shop (usually abt $200), drop in the block, and just bolt in the rest of the h22 neccesities anywhere they fit. it's not terribly difficult, mostly time consuming.

sanjay
08-19-2002, 11:19 PM
a H22A motor would be sick!
Would it put out 147kW at the wheels on our Accords? or more?

Lockleaf
08-20-2002, 01:44 PM
The fact that the swap is such a bitch is what makes it worth it. If something is easy, then it has been done and you don't stand out from the crowd in any way. That is the problem. I want to get noticed for being the ass who put so much money and work into such an old vehicle just to prove i could. The way some of you guys go on about how hard it is just makes it that much more fun for me to be working my way toward it. Hell, tell me it hard to many times and maybe i'll drop a sr20det just to prove i can. If it doesn't take thought and effort and skill and maybe a little bit of luck to do, then any jack ass off the street can pull it off and it doesn't take much knowledge of cars. BUT, a bitch project that takes effort love time and all those other wonderful things i mentioned makes it worth spending the money for me just so i can look at it when i'm done and say, "I made this." That is what it's all about for me. Doing the long drawn out hard stuff so that I can look back at myself and realize that MINE WAS DIFFERENT. Its a big part of the reason that I'm tuning a 3G in the first place. Catch ya later guys. Seeya

Lockleaf

89NinjaAccordLX
08-20-2002, 08:14 PM
amen. oh and where do you live partner? I'm living in VA right now and gonna be working on the h22 swap within the next year. We should compare notes.

89BlackH-Back
08-20-2002, 09:08 PM
you still have to understand that this motor is extrememly heavy so i dont suggest you have your car as a daily driver because you will not have a fun time steering it i wanted an h22 at first but with all the down sides i said screw it, im running with a b20b in about 2 weeks by october with a turbo setup im capable of 350+whp easily and thats w/o all the headaches

Lockleaf
08-21-2002, 02:51 PM
h22 = heavy. yeah. alone. so does the A20. I will grant that the H22 is heavier. It's bigger. but the adjustment on your handling will be approx. the same as having a fat ass in the passenger seat compared to a thin hot honey. put the engines side by side and it isn't DRASTICALLY heavier. besides, Too heavy? dump the friends and drive on a 1/4 tank. there all solved. besides, harden front end suspension, move your gas tank to the trunk to level off vehicle balance and there you go. problem solved again. takes thought? yes. effort? yes. swearing over bloody knuckles? often. But always always worth it, for those of us just stupid and eager enough to pull it off. Later. Lockleaf