PDA

View Full Version : Keys

Ace
03-04-2005, 06:48 PM
will a blank key for a coupe be the same size has for a sedan?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7955614544 ordered this w/o paying attention

Ace
03-04-2005, 06:55 PM
i dont now I only have one key and its weird the lock on my trasmission will lock automatically when in park then my key wont come out cuz its stuck i wanted other keys I dont now though

EricW
03-04-2005, 09:34 PM
That key doesn't look like mine. I have a sedan but I doubt that there is any diffrence in keys beteen any of the 86-89 accords (other than the way they were cut for each lock)

MrBen
03-04-2005, 09:36 PM
There isn't a difference in the keys aside from different cuts so you should be fine

leia
03-04-2005, 09:54 PM
This summer I went to the local Honda dealer, and if was $3 to make a duplicate key. That might be easier than dealing with shipping and stuff.

Thats what my key looks like

2drSE-i
03-05-2005, 05:40 AM
thats what mine looks like, but then again i drive a coupe. You'll be fine, its just different cuts, its not like theres a microchip in them or ne thing

btw ace, i think if you wait after putting your car into park for the P light to come on in your gauge cluster, you will be able to pull your key out.
On our cars the sensor is pretty messed up, sometimes you wind up waiting anywere from 2 seconds to 2 minutes.

88Accord-DX
03-05-2005, 10:40 AM
i dont now I only have one key and its weird the lock on my trasmission will lock automatically when in park then my key wont come out cuz its stuck i wanted other keys I dont now though

You might want to change out the ignition cylinder/key assembly, but I'm thinking that push button thing on the shifter isn't working right. I don't have an auto.

I personally locked my keys in my car one time. :uh: I'm not going to say how I got them out. (I didn't pry anything open or touch the car) But I'm sure glad I got an extra key. Cost me $12....