PDA

View Full Version : who actually uses the webers

mykwikcoupe
03-04-2005, 07:38 PM
So Im going with the 38/38 eventually but since a20a1 sent me a nice looking 32/36 ill use that on the wifes accord a20a until the b20a swap is ready to go in. Im wondering who actually uses which one and what they do or dont like about.

Myself, Im looking forward to removing all the vacumn lines from under the hood as weel as the increased tunability from the weber. . Thanks Mike

A20A1
03-04-2005, 08:56 PM
So is your wifes car carbed too? And what parts are you using when you swap to the B20?
Your going EFI with the B20?

Oh another problem with too rich a mixture is the unburnt fuel mixes with the oil and can casue excess wear on the cylinders. So please try and lean the mixture some unless you are sure you are tossing the A20.

mykwikcoupe
03-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Im actually going carbed on her since its an 89 LX model. im using the teg dizzy and the a20a1 manifold with the weber to reatain bolt-in stock look.

My accord is an 88 LXI which Im going jdm b20a turbo. All biult to the hilt like my hero ROB.

No really though. Im thinking her car with the jdm b20a with 38/38, header made by justin, 2.25 exhaust all the way back with a cat no resonator and a supertrapp muffler should sound and preform killer. Im in the process of trying to obtain anextra Lx manifold to do the portmatching the cmoothening to to try to gain a little more. Im going basic rebiuld an her car. Im using the stock pistons and rods. Reworking the head alittle and calling it good with a nice machine work on the block and deck.

Her car is mainly a driver but since i drive most of the time i want a little more perormance than it see currently with the 253k on the stock a20a1. Im hoping that the 160 hp stock on the jdm b20a will be kept or increased with the few mods and loss of EFI.

A20A1
03-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Yeah there was a member with the B20A and a 32/36 but the carb was a little small... the 38 should be perfect.

2old_honda
03-05-2005, 07:46 PM
my car has been 32/36 powered for the last 3-4 years. It will have a set of DCOE's within the next couple of weeks.

rjudgey
03-08-2005, 04:31 AM
In a few weeks my cars will be going from Weber power to Honda Fireblade 1000cc Bike carbs with 42mm bore size. Webers have become so expensive as they are no longer made, their is an alternative DCOW from southern carburetors in the U.K which have 45 and 47mm sizes which are the best sidedraught money can buy, and based on a DCOE but with all the old problems fixed. But at £425 each!!!! You might as well go ITB with ECU will be same cost unless you have to do all your fuel lines and pump etc if your carbed then add that on top!! But the bike carb conversion i'm doing will cost me around £500 all in including a dyno/jetting session and the inlet manifold which is custom made, will be made to fit Weber DCOE flange so that i can compare the two and also try different lengths of inlet tubing to find the sweet spot for Torque and Bhp!! Can't wait should be awesome!!

88Accord-DX
12-28-2005, 03:56 AM
nevermind