PDA

View Full Version : relays

racerx
03-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Ok, I'd post this on preludepower.com, but the server is being updated and I can't post... and I need help now.

Ok, my dash lights aren't working right now. My friend was messing around with the cigarette lighter in my car, and then bang, no more dash lights.

Apparently this happens a lot. Anyway, I heard that there was a relay under the steering column, and also there is a supposed cigarette lighter relay, but I have no idea where they are!

Here's a link to show where a cig lighter relay is on a british lude (KQ model, whatever that means).
http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/PreludeManual/62sf100/16-159.pdf

And if anyone can tell me where any relays are (besides the under-hood relays) I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

btw, I've already checked all the fuses, and I mean ALL of them.

smufguy
03-05-2005, 10:53 PM
all the relays for a 3g accord are behind the dash fuse unit. the illumination control for a 3g accord is under the steering column (near dash) just pop out the 4 phillips head screws and u will see a small relay hooked up to the illumination box. Try changing that and see if the lights come back on.

if ur asking for the lude, from the pic, it looks like u have it in the kick panel.

racerx
03-07-2005, 10:08 AM
are you saying that there's a relay hidden behind the plastic stuff on the steering column?
I'll have to check that out. Thanks.

racerx
03-07-2005, 10:19 AM
is this what you're talking about? (page 3)
http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/PreludeManual/62sf100/16-148.pdf

HondaBoy
03-10-2005, 11:03 AM
i overloaded my cigarette lighter outlet a few times with LEDs that didnt have the correct resistor. messed up my lights, but it was only a fuse that need to be replaced. relays dont go out very often.

Blkblurr
03-10-2005, 02:27 PM
There is no relay for the lighters in our cars. The power to the lighter is on all the time. It doesn't shut off when you turn the ignition off like newer Hondas do

smufguy
03-12-2005, 10:19 AM
yeah, thats the illumination control unit im talking about.