PDA

View Full Version : 'teg tranny note

Strugglebucket
03-06-2005, 02:51 AM
just a small piece of information for anyone planning on building the integra-accord hybrid transmission in the near future:

if you end up using the integra casing, you will need to swap the clutch cable bracket (the part the thumbscrew sits on) from the accord casing. this is because the integra tranny uses a shorter release arm than the accord so it won't line up. hope this helps somebody. :welcome:

Rendon LX-i
06-05-2005, 11:25 AM
A little late to bring this theard up. So your saying we could use the teg tranny then but have to switch out the Clutch cable braket. Trying to learn some info doing some researh on here thanks man

Strugglebucket
06-05-2005, 02:33 PM
you still have to use the accord bellhousing but the teg gearbox half will bolt up to it.

AccordEpicenter
06-05-2005, 03:00 PM
rendon why are you giving him shit... hes talking about a swap he posted about a day ago??

PhydeauX
06-05-2005, 04:57 PM
For the record, its really easier to just unbolt the whole bracket from the trans then taking the cable out of it when you remove the trans. The adjuster is usually pretty corroded and its a pain to run the nut out far enough. Just run the two bolts out, makes life alot easier in the long run. Give you a chance to spray it down with lube and get some corrosion off before you have to loosen the adjuster for the new clutch. I've always done that when I pulled a 3g trans, thats why that little tidbit never made it into my how-to.

andy

Rendon LX-i
06-05-2005, 07:29 PM
you still have to use the accord bellhousing but the teg gearbox half will bolt up to it.

LOL na man not giving no one anyshit. I didnt know when he did this i just saw the date of the thread. Well its all cool.

b8er
06-05-2005, 08:00 PM
yea i dont know what your talking about epicenter, i didnt see any yelling or anything along those lines, and thanx for the info bucket, im hopefully planning on doing the swap soon

Strugglebucket
06-05-2005, 08:31 PM
yeah i posted this back in march.

kind of an oddball bit of info but i figured i may as well post it so if someone's searching about the integra hybrid tranny they'll see it.

Rendon LX-i
06-05-2005, 10:34 PM
lol i did. So how it is. from what i read its a big ass improvement. Tell me your side Strugglebucket

Strugglebucket
06-05-2005, 11:53 PM
well from the small amount i've actually driven i'd have to say 3rd gear is where it really helps the most. with the accord tranny 1st and 2nd would pull good but then 3rd was pretty lame. i can't wait to try it with my aluminum flywheel but i have to finish my suspension/brake projects first.