PDA

View Full Version : What speakers fit?

iNdOpLaYa
03-07-2005, 02:53 AM
Hey all! I'm about to purchase a 1988 Accord Si Hatchback. I'm in Australia so I don't know if that makes a difference. But I'm wondering what size front splits will fit without modification on the door. And the same for the rear as well? I haven't picked the car up yet and so I haven't had a good look.

Help would be greatly appriciated.

Peace,

iNdOpLaYa

HostileJava
03-07-2005, 06:44 AM
The front and rear pod accept 6.5" speakers. The front will need to be somewhat low profile since the window rolls down behind them. The backs however can be pretty deep.

frankie89
03-07-2005, 07:18 AM
welcome to 3geez!! yep hostile is right!! 6.5 all the way around!!

iNdOpLaYa
03-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Awsome guys! Thanks, I guess i'll go for the 6.5's. What brands aren't too deep for the front? A range of brands would be great!

Peace

hondamotorz
03-08-2005, 09:00 AM
i have 6.5s in the front and 6x9s in the back ( polk audio ) and soon to have 3 15 inch rockfords in the trunk

and you can fit 2 10s in the back where the 6x9s go if you do some modifications but im not gunna do it it would b/c i have the rockfords but i may not put all three i might just sell them or just use 1 or 2

HostileJava
03-08-2005, 09:10 AM
and you can fit 2 10s in the back where the 6x9s go if you do some modifications but im not gunna do it it would b/c i have the rockfords but i may not put all three i might just sell them or just use 1 or 2

Are you talking about the coupe/sedan pods? The hatch pods are designed way different, I don't see how you could ever get 2 10's on those pods.

As far as brand/size goes, the easiest thing to do is meause how far back you can mount them with the window down and go to the store and compare. Alot of companies even list the depth right on the speaker packaging.

hondamotorz
03-08-2005, 10:34 AM
im talking about the sedan ( i forgot to mention that ) but if you do alot of modifications you can fit 2 10s but it isnt worth it and it will wiegh down your car alot thats why im not putting all three 15s in my trunk plus i dont want alot of bass soo i might just sell them im wanting to make my accord a daily driver and nothing special and thats why im getting a 1g awd dsm :cool:

2drSE-i
03-08-2005, 02:34 PM
ive got two rockford 6.5's in the front and two pioneer 6x9's in the back, no modification at all. the rockfords suck compared to the pioneers tho, all i can hear is them blasting behind me

no midrange at all ><

HostileJava
03-08-2005, 02:54 PM
ive got two rockford 6.5's in the front and two pioneer 6x9's in the back, no modification at all. the rockfords suck compared to the pioneers tho, all i can hear is them blasting behind me

no midrange at all ><

Haha, you guys have to keep in mind that this is a hatch and the pods in the back are way different. Pods in the front are similar for every body style.

2drSE-i
03-08-2005, 03:19 PM
lol yea forgot it was a hatch....got no clue on those

iNdOpLaYa
03-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Thanx for your input guys..... I was reading that the depth in the front door was 2 1/8"....which is around 53mm...is that correct? If a speaker has a depth of 2 3/16", is that enough to make a difference? What r ur guys opionions on brands? I don't want 2 spend 2 much for now, and i mostly listen to Rap & R&B.

2drSE-i
03-08-2005, 05:17 PM
2 3/16.............SHUDNT make that much of a difference, but ive never really pulled apart my door panel and looked.

as for brands, Pioneer is my first choice, kenwood, fosgate, audiobahn. there are lots of good brands out there really.