PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump ? Parts

MattsAccord
03-07-2005, 08:53 PM
My fuel pump went out today. I went to get a price on a new pump and they said that there was another kit thing with hoses and crap in it. My question is do I need this kit or can I just get the pump its self. Is $79 good for the pump.

A20A1
03-07-2005, 08:59 PM
That probably replaces the hose from the hard line to the tank... I'd get the kit if your hoses were old.

Someone replaced theirs a while ago and said they got a Carter replacement one... it's an in-tank one like ours and I guess is oem style, so no fitment issues.

Search for a carter replacement pump for the accord online.

MattsAccord
03-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Can you tell if there worn out just by looking at them or is there anything I should look for. I'm just trying to save myself some money if possible, but I still want to do the job right the first time.

HondaBoy
03-07-2005, 09:12 PM
i got a kit, but with out the hanger. it was cheaper than the one with out a hanger. mine was simple as shit to put in, although you might have to shimmy it back in to get it set right, but other than that its easy. yeah, that is a fairly good price, there's not too many cheaper than that.

A20A1
03-08-2005, 12:39 PM
the hose wont flex well... the end of the hose will be dry and hard to compress... you may see cracks on the hose when you remove it from the top of the fuel pump assembly.

HondaBoy
03-08-2005, 07:49 PM
about the hose, mine was still "kinda" flexible. but not really that great so i replaced it with the one from the kit. a good thing to do is make sure the new pump's pickup is as low or a tad lower than the original one. or else it will be like running out of fuel before you really are.

md21722
03-09-2005, 06:28 PM
I replaced mine in an '88 Accord last month. It was starting to cut in and out. AutoZone, Advance, etc had the pump for about $60 or the assembly for $90. I purchased the entire assembly because to have the warranty they require replacing the strainer, hose, etc and it all adds up to the same as the assembly. The assembly was less work to replace, easier than the rear fuel filter in my opinion!

Brian