PDA

View Full Version : About the dash....

88accordalltheway
03-08-2005, 08:00 AM
i just got a new dash from a junk yard and its in really good condition. The only thing is, i cant figure out how to get the top vinyl part off, because thats the only part i want to use. Can anyone help me out?

the reason i want this part is because all my interior is grey :dunno: , and i want to swap it out for black. The car i took it out of had the tan bottom part for the dash, and my hands are all cut up from trying to get it off. :pc:
I searched for about an hour but if theres a link on here itd be great.
thanks guys. :stupid:

SteveDX89
03-08-2005, 09:12 AM
I think you will have to pull the entire dash and then separate it. It will most likely be held together from behind with screws. That's how the door panels are at least.

Vanilla Sky
03-08-2005, 11:55 AM
it's screwed together, and you must pull it before you can take it apart... that is, if you can take it apart

88accordalltheway
03-08-2005, 10:37 PM
well i mean, ive taken most of the screws on one side off(on the one i got at the yard), and its really really on there, is it glued or somthing?? Does ANYONE know??? has anyone done it?

HondaBoy
03-08-2005, 10:46 PM
theres like some screws where its really hard to reach and i think theres some rivits or plastic spikes with clips on there. you wont be able to get the top part back on without it fitting ugly. your going to have to take the whole dash piece. i tried detaching the vinal padded portion from mine when i had it off, but there's too much holding it on to be worth taking it off. how about this, screw the junk yard dash. get some Duplicolor Vinal/Fabric dye spray in black. tape off what you dont want turned black and paint the vinal part with the vinal dye. that'd probley be the easiest way to do this, unless you'd like to do it the complicated way of taking the vinal off the other dash. they have gloss and flat dye colors, i'd say probley get the flat color if you decided that.

Vanilla Sky
03-08-2005, 10:46 PM
it might be glued... i would tend to say that it is

88accordalltheway
03-09-2005, 07:58 AM
well, hondaboy, the reason i got this one from the junk yard is because i didnt want to have to paint this one. I painted the door panel vinyl black with the special vinyl paint, and im definatly not happy with it because it keeps on chipping and shit. i dont really want to paint it, so you guys are telling me theres not really a way to change just the top part?, dang i just wasted 30 bucks... :sad2: :mad:

Vanilla Sky
03-09-2005, 12:22 PM
use the whole dash