PDA

View Full Version : Why HU Kept Dying

HondaBoy
03-08-2005, 07:57 PM
ok, well see i have a new head unit. its not very old, i think i got it after october. anyway, its not old. so i'd be playing it and it would turn off and back on or not at all for a while. then it might come on again. sometimes i'd smack the dash and it'd come back on. i thought either the amp inside it was screwing up or the faceplate was having a bad connection. i decided that was enough of that crap yesterday. so i had a look see. i thought i'd check the amp to see if it was comming on, but no it didnt. no power comming from the remote wire. so i looked at the fuse under the dash. i'd wiggle it a bit and the HU would come on. i pulled it out and tried another fuse, it still was messing up. so i looked into the socket the fuse goes in. it has some residue shit on it. i think it must have come from when my friend ghetto rigged the old remote wire into it. i had fixed that a long time back, but didnt realize the thing had crap in it and wasnt as tight as it should be. i cleaned the socket out and also pushed the things that hold the fuse in place over. fixed that problem. dunno if anyone else has had this problem. dont let friends that dont know wiring touch your car! that was a long time ago, now i know better that to let anyone really mess with the car.