PDA

View Full Version : Cheap neons for the interior

3rdGenMartyr
08-04-2002, 08:14 PM
I did this to my car 2 and a half months ago and have had no problems with it. I went to Wal-Mart, and bought 3 10" blue neons for $10 a piece. I cut off all the lighter jacks, wired them together, and hooked them to a toggle. The rest is history. Three friends at work did the same thing and have no problem with them, except that their purple lights are no where as bright as my blue ones. Its the best $30 I ever spent, screw Street Glow....lol

:flash:

3rdgenSLIMER
08-04-2002, 08:15 PM
hahahaha, well you can say screw street glow all you want, because those won't last forever, and i promise you they don't have a lifetime guarantee on them!! they might be bright, but they won't be for long! if you really love your car, you will give it the best of what you can get!!!

3rdGenMartyr
08-04-2002, 08:24 PM
we shall see how long they last, besides i cant fork out the cash for street glow lights, this will do for now, ill switch to street glow when i put ground lights on

do you have a larger picture of your interior that looks bad ass

3rdgenSLIMER
08-04-2002, 08:29 PM
my pictures are at..... briefcase.yahoo.com/jojo_davis_04

3rdGenMartyr
08-04-2002, 08:41 PM
that shit is wicked man, you gave me a couple of ideas too, i kneel to your neon supremacy....lol
:bow:

3rdgenSLIMER
08-05-2002, 09:00 PM
haha, ive done more since those pics too, ive got stobes in my floorboard, and ive got my undercarraige kit too, just have to get it installed!!

3rdGenMartyr
08-05-2002, 11:38 PM
i tried strobes, but i found it a little distracting while driving, but i do plan on adding two lights in the door panels like you did. I want to add 2 lights to the back window frame, but i would get so much shit from the cops out here (being that my lights are blue), theyre anal about cat eyes that arent white, but its only a matter of time before i reach the amount of light that you contain in yer green demon....lol
ill try to get some pics when i get the next two installed, and the one thats goin in the trunk on my box, i might put some strobes back there too

3rdgenSLIMER
08-06-2002, 07:09 PM
im planning on getting strobes under my car as well, one in each corner. im also going to put an neon in my back window behind the brake light, going parallel with the car, so you won't be able to see it when your behind me.

3rdGenMartyr
08-07-2002, 10:00 PM
do they make neons that will fit behind the brake light, cause im worried about redneck cops and blue bulbs, im gonna put one in each door slash glove box slash battery holder, and two in the truck with the box, and probably some strobes back there, since its my family sedan (chuckle) i dont want to get too extreme.... my wife is already complaining about having an actual trunk (last car was a camaro) and then filling it with two 500 watt 12"s, but isnt that what a trunk is for? lol

maybe ill put in my four foot black light and blow everyone away lmao.....

3rdgenSLIMER
08-08-2002, 09:42 AM
yeah, they make as small as 3" neons. street glow does i know anyways. there are 3, 6, and 9". those are the smallest ones. but you would probably have to order them off the net. well hell ya thats what a trunk is for!! what else? luggage?? lmao!

3rdGenMartyr
08-14-2002, 11:52 PM
i added two maore to the doors and then one in the back window that only gets used while parked, im thinkin about 2 more to the sides of the back window before the door starts, but thats just a maybe.....only because im broke right now

Type R Accord
08-27-2002, 11:25 PM
hey u guys....im curious....i know for like audio competitions...they have a LOT bigger alternators to power the supply of their systems as well as the interior lighting they got in there...im thinking if u got all that shit in there...wont it be kind of dangerous???? is there a limit...cuz im thinking of doing that shit too...oh yeah...my props go out to slimer.....that shit is fuckn sWWWEEETTT ....nice job...

3rdgenSLIMER
08-28-2002, 02:50 PM
thanks man, i really haven't had any problems until about 2 weeks ago, i left my neons on for a show, and my battery went dead. but thats the only problem i have had, and ive had a shit load of neons forever, so it last a good bit.

2Fast_Fiero
08-28-2002, 03:30 PM
I'm gonna add Neons to my interior once I do the detailing on my interior, I'm still stressin what color to go with, either Silver car with Red details, or Silver car with Blue details. I wish people would help me out there, I think the engine looks sweet like how it is, and would look sweet as blue, but I dunno, I might just do red and black interior with red neons, I'm gonna replace the back seat with 2 racing seats and have a big 15" neon tube right inside the trunk, in the cockpit area, so the new amp rack I'm making will be all lit up, and my subs will be lit up also, cus I'm gonna redo my sub box with a 4 sub bandpass plexi glass enclosure, then I'm gonna have like 2 8" neons under each front seat, one in the front and one in the back of the seat on both passenger and driver seat, That middle section in the back of the car where there's a lil square plastic peice, I wanted to put a light there for when the door opens, and I want like 2 10" tubes under the dash where your feet are on both sides of the car, and one 6" tube inside the middle console so it will help the glow, then I want to replace the middle light on the roof of the car to a 8" flush neon, outside I want a EuroLite neon underbody kit, which I think its like 2 36" tubes and 2 48" tubes, when I do this I'm gonna add an extra battery to help the main battery out in the trunk, there I'm gonna have my sub glowing from the other tube, and in the trunk area I'm gonna have a 15" tube glowing on the 2 batteries that are in the tire compartment, that I'm gonna put glass on for everyone to see the nice Interstate White and Green batterys. :D, there's also that area on the hood, in the grill where I want a tube to be at, not the actual grill, but under that where theres that gap between the hood and the bumper.

<Edit> Also there will be some neons in that thing in the front door, the slots will have neons in them. and whenever I'm not driving the car, it will be on a battery charger.<edit>

CivicEater
08-28-2002, 03:52 PM
mine has 4 walmart tubes.. wired like the author's.. (only with a relay.. no fires for me)

they mounted perfectly at the base of the driver/passenger seats, and actually clipped into the rear seat hinges.. i'll go get a pic...
http://admin.siteblast.com/images/customers/65985/courses/neons.jpg

3rdGenMartyr
08-30-2002, 01:34 AM
that looks pretty sweet ass on the back floor, i thought about doing that, but then i thought about my 4 year old and decided against it, im lucky she hasnt broke the one on the carpet under the seat, but i plan on putting two on the roof, one on each side of the back doors, or in between the doors, or something, theres gonna be lights on the headliner somewhere, and im gonna make the two fit and hide under the dash, nomatter what it takes........

maybe ill just take everything out of the car, blow a custom glass interior, and charge it with blue neon gas and plug it into the house and maybe then it will be bright enough to win a competition, if not a real trophy then maybe one for being a dumbass and making a glass interior.....roflmao

MyGarbageLXi
08-30-2002, 01:59 PM
hey kids, how exactly do i go about splicing the wire and cutting the ligjter plugg off? and hook it to a switch? and weher does it draw power from?? how do i do all that, sounds sweet, lemme know how

3rdGenMartyr
09-01-2002, 08:32 PM
i wouldnt bother with the lighter plug, its so hard to get to, find another source of power or run a hot wire off the battery with an inline like i did, but i dont understand the splicing wires, you dont know how?