PDA

View Full Version : exhust system help!

Koopsta
03-09-2005, 11:28 AM
I wanna redo my whole exhust not sure how far up the car, maybe to the headers or sumthin but I need loads of help . my system rite now is shot to shit and very sluggish think i got a crackd cat. and sound like my exhust isnt quite making it through the muffer sounds like it going out the fat part on the sides :werd:

racerx
03-09-2005, 11:38 AM
ummm, what exactly do you need help with? choosing an exhuast?

If you want something really nice, go to a local exhaust shop and tell them to put 2.25" mandrel bent tubes all the way from your header back, and weld on a borla muffler, or something.
A lot of people here prefer Dynomax superturbo ricenator wheezenblat, or whatever it's called.

2drSE-i
03-09-2005, 11:39 AM
if you dont want to pay for mandrel, go with press bent. just go catback and get a header that goes straight to cat.

buds302
03-09-2005, 11:44 AM
sorry to say it but pacesetter makes an entire exhaust system including header and catback but you have to come up with a cat if urs is busted.

NXRacer
03-09-2005, 11:47 AM
pacesetter isnt as good as a custom one. I wouldnt even bother. Just go to a local exhaust shop and have them custom make you one.

racerx
03-09-2005, 11:51 AM
pacesetter makes everything:
Header, high flow cat, and cat back.

But I agree with Caleb, a custom exhaust is best, and only a couple bucks more.
If you order this stuff from nopionline.com, add in shipping and you're paying about as much for a mandrel cat-back.

Of course, you'll want to buy headers because they're insanely expensive to have made.

AccordNut
03-09-2005, 12:03 PM
i have the pacesetter exhaust and i wish i had done a custom job instead b/c it rattles alot!

buds302
03-09-2005, 12:15 PM
ok im not sayin it is a good buy, and it does suck. all i was sayin is that they make it. i wonder if you went to an exhaust shop they could make a custom 3" exhaust and make it bolt up to my down pipe. im just wonderin so when i go to turbo my ride i already have half of it done. all i would need to do then is to get a down pipe made.

buds302
03-09-2005, 12:21 PM
i have the pacesetter exhaust and i wish i had done a custom job instead b/c it rattles alot!
i had to remove all of my heat shields cause mine rattles alot to. i did that and the sob still rattles. im gonna remove the trailer hitch next and then redo all the mounts and see if it stops. but i feel ya bro. the rattleing sucks ass!!!
if theres a chick in the car that fuckin thing rattles and shes like whats that?! but it wont rattle all the time only when you dont want it to. :mad:

AcCoRd88
03-09-2005, 12:33 PM
Well ya if you want exhaust for the stock A20 but i dont need that because some of my budies and i just droped a H22 into my 1988 Honda Accord LX its a complete sleeper. I got fully bult internals built for direct port Nitrous Injection
It took about 2 days for eveything to be up and running. We put the Vtec controller in my dash We hung a complete HKS N1 exhaust system We got it dynoed at about 300hp with out the 150 shot of NOS we got about 425 with the NOS its one mean machine It fit my budget at about 4500 all together running.

Gettin Off...
Racing

:rice:

NXRacer
03-09-2005, 12:35 PM
lets see some pictures of this H22 beast.

AcCoRd88
03-09-2005, 12:40 PM
lets see some pictures of this H22 beast.

OK well i just got the pictures back today so im putting them on soon im leaving to go up to Vegas tomorrow and taking up to a car show up there so i will put those pictures on with the others

Getting Off...
Racing

racerx
03-09-2005, 12:53 PM
Well ya if you want exhaust for the stock A20 but i dont need that because some of my budies and i just droped a H22 into my 1988 Honda Accord LX its a complete sleeper. I got fully bult internals built for direct port Nitrous Injection
It took about 2 days for eveything to be up and running. We put the Vtec controller in my dash We hung a complete HKS N1 exhaust system We got it dynoed at about 300hp with out the 150 shot of NOS we got about 425 with the NOS its one mean machine It fit my budget at about 4500 all together running.

Gettin Off...
Racing

H22, fully built, with n2o, and hks exhaust, for 4500? uh huh... maybe 4500 british pounds...

Blkblurr
03-09-2005, 01:27 PM
i had to remove all of my heat shields cause mine rattles alot to. i did that and the sob still rattles. im gonna remove the trailer hitch next and then redo all the mounts and see if it stops. but i feel ya bro. the rattleing sucks ass!!!
if theres a chick in the car that fuckin thing rattles and shes like whats that?! but it wont rattle all the time only when you dont want it to. :mad:

The heat sheilds have eventually rattled on every accord I've owned. What I do to fix the problem is very easy. Go to a hardware store and buy a spring that is about 6" long and about 3/8" in diameter. These are the kind of springs that ironing boards use to hold the cover on. That's where I got my first ones. Made my wife mad as hell. Take the spring and stretch it around the heat sheild and hook it back to inself again. The rattle will be gone for the life of the exhaust. The spring constantly applies pressure to the heat sheild stopping it from rattling.

buds302
03-11-2005, 07:54 AM

Gettin Off...
Racing

dude im gonna have to raise the :bs: flag on ya until we see some pics. cause ive never seen nobody pull of an extensive engine swap such as that in two days! thats rediculous! theres no way! if you did all that in two days then i can pull off the same thing in my accord in two days right? no, better yet. im gonna do a c32 swap and get it done in 1 day! top that!!! yeah it is possible to do an engine swap in 1 day that is if your goin back to the same style of engine. and you cant tell me you did it in two days cause you cant get mounts built up in that time unless you run a welding shop or a really good mechanics shop!
friggin newbs always tryin to bs their way to glory!!!!
just like that dude ricanaccord. i think we ran him off cause he kept comin up with impossible scenarios. within his first two days here he was gonna drop a v8 in his accord to compete with his "friends" 350z. turbo would have been more realavant but no he wanted the power of the v8!!!

2drSE-i
03-11-2005, 08:33 AM
yea ricanaccord was full of shit lmao

why an h22 in 2 days when u cudve dropped a 328 in there? cmon u can do it in a couple of days with your friends.

mag_pbg
03-11-2005, 10:58 PM
Ok back on the topic, I say go custom, if you get the Pacesetter header the best thing to do is have a flex pipe welded inplace of the ball joint, then go 2.25 to a new cat and new muffler. All together my whole exhuast cost me $300 that was for the flex pipe, 2.25 pipe, cat and labor and muffler.

Koopsta
03-13-2005, 08:48 AM
Thanx to those that help this will now play a factor in my little problem

Slipknotcraig133
03-14-2005, 08:23 AM
I have a pacesetter full exhaust. It rattles like no tomarow. I wish i would of went custom. Later on down the road i might but for what i payed i guess i cant complain to much. $404 header back.

Justin86
03-14-2005, 09:46 AM
custom is your best option.